TMGC+C menus & stats screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binary

Reaction score
For a more in-depth guide click here.

Here is a rough translation of the menus and stats screens on the Japanese Tamagotchi Plus Color

Stats

Screen 1

The first status screen shows hungry and happy levels. Hungry level is shown at the top of the first screen. The display ranges from four empty circles (in need of food) to four rice bowls. Note: there are two additional circles that are hidden, making 6 in total.

Immediately below this is the Happy bar graph. As happiness is increased, a coloured bar moves towards the right. The maximum length of the bar can be increased by finding one or more of the seven hidden happy items. Any hidden happy items that you've found will be displayed in the seven circles at the bottom of this screen. Note: as far as I've seen, these happy items are not transferred from one generation to the next.

Screen 2

This screen shows your cash-on-hand; first item, and the number for prize tickets you have; second item. When you make a purchase from the TamaTamaMarket or TamaDepa, you may receive one or more prize tickets. More about redeeming prize tickets later.

Screen 3

There is a lot of information on this screen.

Top line: character type, e.g. "mametchi"

Middle left: gender - pink symbol for girl, blue for boy.

Middle right-upper: age

Middle right-lower: weight, in grams - g

Bottom line: generation.

Food

Top menu entry is for Meals, bottom is for snacks. After selecting either, a catalog of available foods will appear, showing the picture of each item.

Door

Note: you may not be able to go out, depending on the weather.

Screen 1

Numbering them 1 to 4, from top to bottom:

1.Game Center. Sub-menu: catch the apples, card match, target shoot.

2.TamaTamaMarket. After selecting the item you wish to buy, a confirm purchase question appears. The top selection is Yes, the bottom is No. Note: You can buy the yellow transit pass here.

3.Home Remodeling Center. Sub-menu 1st page: living room, kitchen, toilet, bathroom, 2nd page: bedroom. After selecting the room and style you wish to change to, a confirm remodel question appears. The top selection is Yes, the bottom is No.

4.Playground

Screen 2

Numbering them 1 to 4, from top to bottom:

1.Prize redemption center. Note: you need to have at least one prize ticket to be able to go here. One or more prize tickets are given out when you make a purchase from the TamaTamaMarket or TamaDepa. After entering the prize redemption center, a confirm use ticket question appears. The top selection is Yes, the bottom is No.

2.Matchmaker. Note: this destination is enabled at the second dawn after your TMGC+C character becomes an adult. After viewing a prospective mate, an arrange marriage question appears. The top selection is Yes, the bottom is No.

3.Amusement Park. Note: you need to have the yellow transit pass to go here.

4.TamaDepa: Note: you need to have the yellow transit pass to go here. You can buy the white and green transit passes here. After selecting the item you wish to buy, a confirm purchase question appears. The top selection is Yes, the bottom is No.

Screen 3

Numbering them 1 to 3, from top to bottom:

1.Temple. Note: you need to have the white transit pass to go here.

2.Celebria - Movie Theatre. Note: you need to have the green transit pass to go here.

3.?????? Note: this destination is unlocked when you find all seven hidden happy items.

Connect (Heart)

The top menu entry is to connect to another TMGC+C via IR.

The middle menu entry is for inputting a universal password. Click here to open the topic listing all known universal passwords.

The bottom menu entry is for IR connection to some other device - most likely a DekaTama-type unit. I've not yet heard of what this device may be.

Treasure Chest

The top menu entry is daily necessities.

The middle entry is toys. Note: some items stored here may be used only by certain characters.

The bottom entry is where special items are stored. Note: some items stored here may be used only by certain characters.

Book

The top entry is for friends, and the bottom entry is for those characters that have died in your care. If you press the B (middle) button while viewing an entry in your friends list, a "good-bye" prompt appears. Select the upper option to delete this entry from your friends list, or the lower option to keep it.

Reset

When you press the Reset button on the back, a menu will appear. The top selection is Load, the bottom is Reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a quick question:

How exactly can you connect 2 units? My friend and I both have a TMGC+C and have attempted many times to connect. Nothing happens. We've even dimmed the room and had no lights on.

; ; I'm leaving in 6 days and we both wanted to make at least 1 tama baby together ><

I have a quick question:How exactly can you connect 2 units? My friend and I both have a TMGC+C and have attempted many times to connect. Nothing happens. We've even dimmed the room and had no lights on.

; ; I'm leaving in 6 days and we both wanted to make at least 1 tama baby together ><
According to Bandai's site (here) if they won't connect, press their reset buttons, then select Load.

Also keep in mind that when you're they're both at the connect screen, press the B (middle) button on only one of them. Pressing it on both will always lead to an error.

you have once again amazed me with the effort you put into your post XD

Thank you so much for this, Binary. I will definentally refer to it, when I get my TMGC+C!!

♥Edward's_Gurl♥

According to Bandai's site (here) if they won't connect, press their reset buttons, then select Load.
Also keep in mind that when you're they're both at the connect screen, press the B (middle) button on only one of them.  Pressing it on both will always lead to an error.
Hi there,

i also got this problem.

ive bought 2 units of tamagotchi color.

but they cant connect even i reset it and press reload. :D

are there because of the age is not the same?

but my tamagotchi v4, even their age is not the same, they can still be friends and play.

my tmgc+c pink color is 7 years old. and the tmgc+c white color is 5 years old.

huhuhu. they suppost to get married now.

but cant connectt.. :D

what should i do...?

any advice?

-elixie-

Age doesn't matter. They should be able to connect even if one is 0 and the other is 99.

When you want to connect them you should be doing this:

1. on both TMGC+C select the heart icon (upper right corner of the screen.) The connect menu should appear on each.

2. on both TMGC+C, select the top entry in the connect menu. Two red hearts with Japanese writing should appear on each.

3. point the tops together. Make sure they're shaded from bright light.

4. press the B (middle) button on one of them. The Japanese writing should change first on the one you pressed the button, then a second later on the other one. Now you should see one visit the other, or they will play a building block game. Note: whether they get married or not is random, even if they're in love they may not get married the first time you connect them.

Can you describe in detail what happens when you try to connect them?

Age doesn't matter. They should be able to connect even if one is 0 and the other is 99.
When you want to connect them you should be doing this:

1. on both TMGC+C select the heart icon (upper right corner of the screen.) The connect menu should appear on each.

2. on both TMGC+C, select the top entry in the connect menu. Two red hearts with Japanese writing should appear on each.

3. point the tops together. Make sure they're shaded from bright light.

4. press the B (middle) button on one of them. The Japanese writing should change first on the one you pressed the button, then a second later on the other one. Now you should see one visit the other, or they will play a building block game. Note: whether they get married or not is random, even if they're in love they may not get married the first time you connect them.

Can you describe in detail what happens when you try to connect them?
still cant connect.. B)

1. i first shut down the lamp in my room.

2. then i click the love picture on both of them.

3. it appears japannese language and slightly pink love appears on both.

4. then i press middle ( B) button on my pink tamagotchi only. and the RED love appears on my pink tamagotchi.

5. in a while. the pink or the white tamagotchi appears blue love. as in X in the middle.

(that means i cant connect right? :( )

6. thats just it. they just turn into their house. :(

any suggestion binary..?

i would love to try anything just to make them connect before they turn old :(

-nyna-

Yes, the blue hearts with an X means they can't communicate with each other properly.

If pressing Reset then selecting Load on both didn't help, then I guess one of them has a hardware defect. Sorry, there's nothing else I can think of.

Yes, the blue hearts with an X means they can't communicate with each other properly.
If pressing Reset then selecting Load on both didn't help, then I guess one of them has a hardware defect. Sorry, there's nothing else I can think of.
umm its oke..

i understand <_<

im from bought malaysia.

n ive bought it from Toys 'R' Us.

Do u think they can fix it?

or any store that can fix it.

huhu.. cant believed bought for 200+ bucks

and have problem like this. <_<

-nyna-

Um, binary, I don't know if anyone has asked this or not, but, when is the TMGC+C going to come out in the U.S.?

umm its oke..i understand  :)

im from bought malaysia.

n ive bought it from Toys 'R' Us.

Do u think they can fix it?

or any store that can fix it.

huhu.. cant believed bought for 200+ bucks

and have problem like this. :(

-nyna-
If you bought it in a Toys-R-Us store, and they still have some in the store, maybe you could ask for an exchange.

Um, binary, I don't know if anyone has asked this or not, but, when is the TMGC+C going to come out in the U.S.?
Bandai has said they will not be releasing the TMGC+C outside of Japan. However, after that, they began to sell them in some parts of Asia, such as Singapore and the Philippines (and Malaysia.) However, as far as I know, these have all been Japanese-language models. I've never heard of anyone having an English-language model. TamaTalk's Admin is trying to convince Bandai to release an English-language TMGC+C in the USA. See this topic for more details: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=157962

Just want to share info here.

as u guys know my TMGC+C dont want to connect via infrared.

i think its because of the different age.

when my 2 TMGC+C had the same age, they connect!

but sometimes they still cannot. but mostly connect. :p

so there's a bit different between TMGC and TMGC+C.

but i still dont like when the times they wont connect.

pfft.

-nyna-

Latest posts

Back