The Itsy Bitsy Nano Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PretzelNymph

Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to my itsy bitsy nano log! This is my first attempt at logging, so it should be interesting.

I received my purple tamagotchi nano a few days ago, and had been putting off starting it until one of my current tamas died. The urge to play with it has proved overwhelming, so here we are. :D My first impression upon opening it was how small it really is. I expected it to be about the size of my vintage tamas, which are dwarfed in comparison to the connection models. However, it is actually significantly smaller than a p2. It is egg shaped, with a dainty little metallic chain. The kind that has a little ball-bearing clasp, my favourite type. The screen is inset quite a bit, which initially seemed like a strange choice. However, I think it will prove useful, since it will be harder for me to scratch the screen. (Especially for those of us with a tendency to throw our tamagotchis in our purses :0 )

The back of the tamagotchi is the same purple as the teardrop on the front, with a little cracked-egg decoration inset. Instead of screw-holes, there is just a little round catch. I decided not to open it just yet, for fear of my awful lack of mechanical skills!

And now, for the untabbing!!!

010-Copy.jpg
011-Copy.jpg
012-Copy.jpg

Hooray! A little spotted egg has been born! This is one of the most exciting parts of tamagotchi parenthood, so I took a video :b

(I was having trouble embedding :0 use full-screen to get the "ITS LIKE IM THERE!" experience, shaky-cam and all.)

How thrilling!

So now I have a little blob, and he is so very cute. When I hit the C button, he acts very upset.

015.jpg

Quite cranky indeed!

Using my terrifying deductive skills, I decide my little blob must be hungry! But oh no, everything is in some cryptic code! Oh yeah, japanese. Luckily for me, the controls are exceedingly intuitive. (and there are only three buttons, so how hard can it be?)

When I hit A once, there are two options. The first option is foods. I choose the first food, which is some sorta little hamburger.

016.jpg

He devours it in two gulps. I decide to give him two more. He seems sated for now. I try the second food option, which turns out to be a little piece of hard candy. He's so happy now!

017.jpg
014.jpg

He is screaming with delight. I leave him alone for a while, and he decides to take a nap.

021.jpg
022.jpg

CONTINUED...

When I hit A, there are two options. The top is lights on, the bottom is lights off.

After a while I hear a little cry for attention. It is little blob, making this face!

023.jpg

I feed him some hamburgers, but when I hit C, he still seems grumpy. So I hit A, and choose the second option, which is a fun little spelling game. I love the referee. Using A and B, you catch the falling letters to spell out TAMAGOTCHI over and over again until you miss. They end up going pretty fast.

019.jpg
020.jpg

Little blob is happy again. And apparently stuffed with food. Ewww. The A button cleans up.

026.jpg

At eight o'clock on the dot, he heads off to bed for good. Oops! watch out for the poo.

027.jpg

And that completes my first day with the little blob. I should probably name him,.. How about Collin?

So all together today (between noon and eight): Collin ate four hamburgers, two pieces of candy, and played two games. He pooed twice, and called for attention twice. (other than to have the lights turned out while he slept.)

So it seems the nano is super-low maintenance. This makes sense, since it is being marketed as more of an accessory than a full game in itself. I am glad too, as I already have a tama-go and a p2 running at the moment. The animations are very cute, and the sound is aesthetically pleasing. It sounds like little chirrups :D

All told I am happy so far. I will update tomorrow. If anyone has any specific questions that I haven't covered, PM me and I will log it :)

Thanks for reading!!!

This morning, I was rudely awoken at 7:30AM. Much too early on my day off to be worrying about feeding Collin, but I decided to be a good parent.

At first, I fed him one piece of candy and one hamburger. To my dismay, in about 20 minutes he was crying again. So I suppose there are several invisible "hungry hearts", which is why yesterday when I fed him all at once, I didn't hear a peep out of him the rest of the day. Total I gave him 3 hamburgers, 2 candies, and played two games of spelling with him before noon.

Here he is being grumpy again, and the two menus to get to the candy option. The first screenshot shows

1. Food

2. Games

And the second is

1. hamburger

2. candy

010-1.jpg
012-1.jpg
014-1.jpg

mmmmm candy! Nom nom nom hamburger..

016-1.jpg
018-1.jpg

The spelling game is a bit harder than I first thought! When I only get "TAM", Collin is disgusted by my failure. :( I'm not sure what he's saying in the right hand corner there, but I'm sure it is a harsh word of criticism. I mean come on, it's alot harder for the japanese kids who don't have english as their first language!

020-1.jpg

I don't hear a peep out of Collin for a while. I check on him around 1, and notice something different about him. New haircut maybe? Have you been heading to the gym?

023-1.jpg
021-1.jpg
022-1.jpg

Omigosh Collin, why didn't you say something?? I would've liked to see the transformation! Oh well. Isn't he the cutest?

I'm a little disappointed to see that there is a jump from baby to (what I assume is) teenager stage. No toddler/child at all. Then again, there was no hour of constant care either, which I have never been a huge fan of anyways. I like having more evolutions though, it makes it a little more exciting.

I say assume because I'm pretty sure that is young mametchi, although to be honest I'm not real sure what the difference between young/adult mametchi is exactly. If anyone knows the difference for sure, PM me! That would be kinda lame if it skips straight from baby all the way to ADULT in one day! I hope it is young mametchi, since I am hoping to get kuromametchi or spacytchi.. Kutchipatchi would be neat too. I ALWAYS get mametchi. That would be boring. :0

Well, thanks for reading!

Another day with the nano!

Shout out to Rex for helping me figure out the growth stage of my little Mametchi. Apparently the Chibi only has a baby and adult stage, so it appears that the nano has followed that strategy. I am a little disappointed, since mapping out growth patterns is exciting, but I am not completely disenchanted. I am still enjoying the little spelling game, especially since I have not yet mastered it, and it seems to not have an end. That or I am not skilled enough to get to the end :0

Today I got a real feel for the nano as far as my day-to-day life is concerned. I had work and errands to run, so I would not be able to check on Collin as often as the last couple of days. I really love how small and unobtrusive the device is. I felt I could carry it with me in my pocket or on my belt loop without causing notice. (I try to keep my tamagotchis on the down-low, since I'm supposedly an adult now.) It's chirrups are not so loud as to be a distraction. It is also a very quick process to feed and make Collin happy, so I wasn't constantly fidgeting with the thing. In fact, I would say this is my favourite tamagotchi so far, if I am going to avoid pausing during daily activities. (Yes, I pause. Sometimes, just sometimes, I have too much to do to be sending tamas to school and purchasing more cereal at the tama-market :p ) So needless to say I am still very much enamoured of this latest addition to my collection.

Here is an adorable picture of Collin, dizzy with huger. The look of absolute hungry-horror is truly haunting, yet cute.

005.jpg

WHO EATED ALL THE HAMBURGERS?!?!

No tamas were harmed in the making of this photo.

Goodnight everyone! And thanks for reading!

So Collin is five years old today...

Life is good. Lots of hamburgers and candy, and I'm becoming more adept at the little game. I am currently hoping to see some sort of matchmaker appear on the scene, so Collin can get his groove on and have a little tama-egg. Nothing so far. I will be surprised if there is a matchmaker, but I'm still hoping.

Here is a picture of Collin in his comfy little bed.

008-Copy.jpg

It's so adorable!

Also I decided to take a more "technical" picture, the back:

022-2.jpg

So you can see there's just a little button or catch there for the battery. Very neat.

Will update if anything interesting happens!

Thanks for reading!

Latest posts

Back