Guide to Ver.3 Bump + Heading

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72ppi

Reaction score
BUMP

The 'Bump' game on Ver. 3 Tamagotchis is largely to do with chance but skill can enter the equation a little if you understand how the game works.

The amount of influence you have over winning a round of Bump depends on your Tamagotchi's weight. If your Tamagotchi is very heavy, the more likely you are to win, whereas the lighter your tamagotchi, the more your success comes down to the luck of the draw.

But, there's a catch! Bump has a number of weight divisions and the lighter the weight division you compete in, the more rewarding your wins become. I've put together a table to show you the score chart for the Bump game to explain:

https://www.lawmech.com/display/bumpchart.gif"]https://www.lawmech.com/display/bumpchart.gif

General Tips for playing Bump:

• When it asks you to 'PUSH', hit any button twice - you'll get the hang of how quickly to do it to get a full bar.
  • Getting a full bar won't guarantee a win and an empty bar won't guarantee a loss either. The only thing that will guarantee a loss is if you don't push a button when you're asked to.
  • It's very unlikely that you'll get to finish Round 8 of the lightest weight division (it's like flipping a coin 8 times and getting all heads) so try to win a heavier weight division instead.
  • To put on weight simply feed your tamagotchi a lot of food and keep checking the health meter to see how many pounds (lbs) it's up to.
Have fun everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is brilliant. Thanks. This explains alot.

Does it matter whether they're a toddler/teen or adult , or is it just on weight for any stage?

I also noticed how on a V3 you can use any button (whereas on V2 you have to use B to stop the bar.)

Thanks again.

Does it matter whether they're a toddler/teen or adult , or is it just on weight for any stage?
No, the score chart would seem to be the same for all ages.

Can you teach me how to play Heading? I don't seem to have the hang of it.

HEADING

Heading is actually quite easy and is a pretty steady way of building up your points. There's a couple of tricks to it though:

• Most importantly, make sure that none of your button presses overlap. If you press any two buttons simultaneously (even just slightly) your tamagotchi will lock-up and not jump. Each button press should be made distinctly separate from the next.
  • Secondly, after each successfull heading of the ball, move back to the center. This makes it easy to get to the next one quickly.
There is very little fanfare and extra animation involved with Heading so you can get through a game quite quickly. Finishing the game will earn you a nice 400 points. Enjoy!

Thanks, that's good advice! I actually finished a game of catch the falling notes today. I think that one is easier because of the beeps. Thank goodness I have a pyonkotchi--she's cheerful even when I lose. >.<

OMG ... ITS WELL GOOD IT WORKS I GOT 2 ROUND 7 WITH THIS TIP FANKZ A LOT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :furawatchi: :wacko: :blink: :eek: :D :p :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back