V4> Fortune Cookies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spudilike

Designer: FAQ Team Badge & Senior Guides Badge
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
This is what the V4 instructions say about Fortune Cookies.

FORTUNE COOKIE (STAR)

This message delivers either good fortune or bad luck in your tamagotchi adventures. Obtain 3 money stars and you may receive a special letter from the Tamagotchi King. Get 3 love stars and your friendship level may increase with your next connection to another toy. And, if you receive 3 health stars you'll be less likely to become sick.

I was wondering what experiences other people have had?

These are a few things I've noticed.

3 Stars in points.

When I play a game up to a fanfare ending I get 500 points instead of 400. I also get 6 skill points instead of 5.

I'm sure you get more skill points for the job games too.

The king will either bring a present or a bag of money (varying ammounts).

3 Stars in Love

I had the experience of an early 'marriage' when two of my V4's had babies, even though they hadn't been 'friends' prior to the connection. It was the same effect as having taken 'love potion' (without the coyness + hearts on screen). I have also seen accounts of V4's marrying 'teenagers' from previous versions.

3 Stars in Health

The tama will only gain 1lb in weight when eating a snack rather than 2, when it has 3 stars in health.

Combined total.

The combined total is 9.

When the total is 5 or less the tamagotchi seems to be more unlucky as a whole. The adult seems to do the horrible tripping over animation. I've also noticed you get mail more frequently when you have low fortune, which is nearly always 'bad' mail, - snake, poo etc, (which empties all happiness hearts) causing you to have to fill the hearts back up.

Oddly the robber stealing money doesn't cause any hearts to be lost ^_^

Any other experiences ? Observations?

I wonder if , when you have a low combined fortune, and you refuse to open the mail (in case it's bad)- does it go away after a time ?

I can't say that I have investigated the effects of the fortune cookie to great depths however, I too have made a number of observations in regards the fortune cookie. :wacko: Most of the observations have been limited to the mail receipt outcomes and although I can identify with some of the experiences already mentioned, I haven't necessarily checked whether it is related to the fortune cookie.

Finances

I have found that virtually without fail, if there are three stars in the fortune cookie, my tamagotchi will receive some kind of gift from the Gotchi King. This can be money or it can be some other random gift such as a pencil. I have also found that if he/she doesn't receive mail before the next fortune cookie arrives, he/she will still get a visit from the Gotchi King.

By contrast, one star does not seem to guarantee a robber jumping out of the next envelope recieved.

Health

I had not investigated the effects of the fortune cookie on weight however, unlike what the instructions seemed to state, until my tamagotchi was nursing a baby, a single star didn't seem to equate to sickness. I put that down to childhood infections diseases. :D

Combined

At one stage I had a grand total of three stars. I noticed that my tamagotchi would fall over when reaching the left hand side of the screen. There was another occasion where after receiving a snake in the mail, she was falling over every 3rd or 4th second. At that point I didn't think the fortune cookie had anything to do with it however, I can speculate (based on your information) that perhaps she had a low number of stars and was falling over occasionally already and that receiving the snake somehow caused her to fall over more frequently, even after refilling her happy hearts.

I have observed that there are times when my tamagotchi seems to receive a lot more mail - typically when I am trying to sleep off a night shift. However, I have had an equal number of occasions where the excess mail is positive compared to negative excess mail. I haven't checked how these times correlate to the fortune cookie.

To answer your question about ignoring the mail... I did on one occasions forget the existance of my tamagotchi during a training session and she was left unattended from 5:20pm until after she had gone to bed at 9pm. The next morning, the mail symbol was still flashing away, waiting to be read. ;)

Just a quick update with two points of interest from the last two days...

3 Stars in points. When I play a game up to a fanfare ending I get 500 points instead of 400. I also get 6 skill points instead of 5.
This has been varified by the little information booth on Tama Town that stated:

If you receive 3 stars on your money luck, you'll receive more Gotchi points after playing a minigame.
Also, my theory in regards to three money stars and visits by the Gotchi king in the mail, has been foiled. Yesterday, my tama had two stars in finances all day and yet still had two visits from the Gotchi king. Both gifts I believe were cash... although I was unable to see the second one as I was distracted by the doctor's receptionist ask me to hand over my life savings. :)

I hadn't been taking particularly good care of my tama in the hour or so prior as I was feeding her snacks to keep her happy, while I waited to be seen.

From this I guess we can take that the fortune cookie plays a part in Gotchi king mail visits but is not the sole contributing factor.

3 Stars in points. When I play a game up to a fanfare ending I get 500 points instead of 400.
Yes, however when you play Dance and win the game - you still only get 400 points. I have found this on a number of occasions - and others have mentioned it too....

Not sure why.......

I decided to record my Fortune cookies stars and all the I mail I received, points from the King and presents from the King I got with those Fortune cookies. Some of these are for more than 1 occasion of having those same stats - so I hope its not too confusing:

2-2-3 (ie 2 stars in points, 2 in love and 3 in Health)

Letter: heart

3-1-2

Robber: -800

Won 500 points in jump rope

1-3-2

Letter: heart

2-1-1

Present: Plant (gave smiley face)

Letter: Heart

Letter: Snake

Adult character often falling over

1-2-2

Present: shovel (gave a snake)

Adult character often falling over

3-2-2

500 points in all wn games except Dance

2-3-2

Letter: poo

2-2-1

Here are all 27 of the possible fortune cookies star levels:

Total 3: 1-1-1

Total 4: 1-1-2, 1-2-1, 2-1-1

Total 5: 1-1-3, 1-2-2, 1-3-1, 2-1-2, 2-2-1, 3-1-1

Total 6: 1-2-3, 1-3-2, 2-1-3, 2-2-2, 2-3-1, 3-1-2, 3-2-1

Total 7: 1-3-3, 2-2-3, 2-3-2, 3-1-3, 3-2-2, 3-3-1

Total 8: 2-3-3, 3-2-3, 3-3-2

Total 9: 3-3-3

Has anyone ever seen 3 stars in more than one category at the same time, or 3 stars in one category with only 1 star in both the other categories?

Assuming you can't actually get 3 stars in more than one category at the same time:

Total 5: 1-1-3, 1-2-2, 1-3-1, 2-1-2, 2-2-1, 3-1-1

Total 7: 2-2-3, 2-3-2, 3-2-2

Average total would be 5.4.

You'd get a total of 3, in 1 time out of 20. (5% chance)

You'd get a total of 4, in 3 times out of 20. (15% chance)

You'd get a total of 5, in 6 times out of 20. (30 % chance)

You'd get a total of 6, in 7 times out of 20. (35 % chance)

You'd get a total of 7, in 3 times out of 20. (15 % chance)

Assuming you also can't actually get 3 stars in one category with only 1 star in both the other categories:

Total 5: 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 2-2-1

Total 7: 2-2-3, 2-3-2, 3-2-2

Average total would be 5.47

You'd get a total of 3, in 1 time out of 17. (about 6% chance)

You'd get a total of 4, in 3 times out of 17. (about 18% chance)

You'd get a total of 5, in 3 times out of 17. (about 18 % chance)

You'd get a total of 6, in 7 times out of 17. (about 41 % chance)

You'd get a total of 7, in 3 times out of 17. (about 18 % chance)

Last edited by a moderator:
... Any other experiences ? Observations?
I wonder if , when you have a low combined fortune, and you refuse to open the mail (in case it's bad)- does it  go away after a time ? ...
To answer your question about ignoring the mail... I did on one occasions forget the existance of my tamagotchi during a training session and she was left unattended from 5:20pm until after she had gone to bed at 9pm. The next morning, the mail symbol was still flashing away, waiting to be read.
I, too, have had the experience that when you have poor fortune and you recieve mail, it will remain there even after your fortune has gone back up. I don't think waiting makes it go away.

I had a Masketchi and when I looked at it, it had 1 star in money luck and 2 in the areas, making for a total of 5 points. I left it unattended for an extended period of time after this and when I returned I had mail - 1 Fortune and 1 regular. I opened the fortune and I saw that my stars on money had returned to two (or three, I can't remember :huh: ) for a total of 6 (or 7). However, when I opened up the other mail, I recieved a pile of dung. I assume that both had been waiting there while I had left it sitting alone for an hour or two - even when my fortune changed, the mail that had been delivered while I only had 1 star was still poor.

Basically, my experiences can be summed up as the following: Even when your fortune changes, the mail you recieve corrolates to the fortune you had at the time of delivery, and does not change when your fortune does. Also, not opening mail doesn't make it go away, and when you DO finally open that mail the contents will reflect the fortune you had at the time of delivery.

Therefore, if you have bad fortune, if you get mail, it's gonna be bad, even if you wait to open it after your fortune goes back up, and vise versa.

Then again, as Bell Sprout pointed out, you can still get a visit from the king even without having 3 stars (I've experienced this myself.) Bell Sprout also noted, however, that she got cash only from the king - maybe he's more likely to give items when you have 3 stars? Who knows. I need to start up my v4 again. :chohimetchi:

Is there any way of affecting your fortune? I haven't really seen my actions concerning games and yield and kind of results in the fortune cookie. It seems clear that having 6 stars total is the average. However, the level of care MUST have some affect on the fortune outcome...

Once on my V4, a new fortune cookie came and it said:

Love: 3 hearts

I connected my tamagotchi with another and I checked on my friends list if anything had changed between the relationship and it had! Their relationship had gone up a level from (I think) friends to good friends!

It might have just been a coincidence, I'm not sure but I'll check again. :(

My fortune cookie just appeared. It got a 3 in everything EXCEPT..body. I haven't experienced a sickness lately, but when I was playing games, I got a fanfare ending and ended up getting 4 skill points.

Yeah.

I actually do believe that the fortune cookies do have some affect on your Tama because we have actual evidence.

When you get only 1 star in money you will still get 400 points in games and if your Tama is an adult it will dance in a straight line and then somewhere in the beginning it will fall on its face. If you get 3 of these you will get 500 points instead of 400 points in games.

Like cutiepop said it did work with her connection when she had 3 love stars.

And besides, the instructions did say that things could happen, why would BanDai lie to us?

Yes...I once noticed when my tamagotchi was only gaining one pound when it ate a snack, and I was confused. Now I know. (same with the points, I got 500 instead) I have also never got the robber (I am on my 2nd gen.) and I have 77680 points, and someone said that the richer you get, the more the robber comes. :rolleyes: Could someone verify if this is true?

Yes...I once noticed when my tamagotchi was only gaining one pound when it ate a snack, and I was confused. Now I know. (same with the points, I got 500 instead) I have also never got the robber (I am on my 2nd gen.) and I have 77680 points, and someone said that the richer you get, the more the robber comes. :mellow: Could someone verify if this is true?
My v4 has around 67,000 pts., and the robber has never come any more often, or taken more points, as when I only had a few hundred. So, I don't believe that your points affect how often the robber comes, or how many points it takes.

:blink: B) B)

i know that the [!] job mail will go away if you ignore it. once i was at school, and i didint want to risk being caught, so i waited until lunch. then when i got there, the mail was gone!

seeing that, i think normal mail can disapear too.

You're right. It does affect your tama.

V4 probabilities on my tama:

3 money bags: I usually get 2000 gp from the king (never less than 1000)

2 money bags: I usually get between 500-1050

1 money bag: I usually recieve 100-450 from the king

3 hearts: got an early marriage (Tamagotchi was only 3)

2 hearts: got a normal marriage (Tamagotchi was 5 years old)

1 heart: got a late marriage (Tamagotchi was 7 years old)

3 healths: toddler did not get sick until 4 years old

2 healths: toddler giot sick when it became a teenager (2 years old)

1 health: toddler got sick twice that day

* I believe that it can sometimes be random on other V4's, but it is usually the same. Care and weight may be an alternate cause also.*

I hope this helps anyone reading SERIOUSLY TAMAGOTCHI. :D

This is what the V4 instructions say about Fortune Cookies.

FORTUNE COOKIE (STAR)

This message delivers either good fortune or bad luck in your tamagotchi adventures. Obtain 3 money stars and you may receive a special letter from the Tamagotchi King. Get 3 love stars and your friendship level may increase with your next connection to another toy. And, if you receive 3 health stars you'll be less likely to become sick.

I was wondering what experiences other people have had?

These are a few things I've noticed.

3 Stars in points.

When I play a game up to a fanfare ending I get 500 points instead of 400. I also get 6 skill points instead of 5.

I'm sure you get more skill points for the job games too.

The king will either bring a present or a bag of money (varying ammounts).

3 Stars in Love

I had the experience of an early 'marriage' when two of my V4's had babies, even though they hadn't been 'friends' prior to the connection. It was the same effect as having taken 'love potion' (without the coyness + hearts on screen). I have also seen accounts of V4's marrying 'teenagers' from previous versions.

3 Stars in Health

The tama will only gain 1lb in weight when eating a snack rather than 2, when it has 3 stars in health.

Combined total.

The combined total is 9.

When the total is 5 or less the tamagotchi seems to be more unlucky as a whole. The adult seems to do the horrible tripping over animation. I've also noticed you get mail more frequently when you have low fortune, which is nearly always 'bad' mail, - snake, poo etc, (which empties all happiness hearts) causing you to have to fill the hearts back up.

Oddly the robber stealing money doesn't cause any hearts to be lost  :lol:

Any other experiences ? Observations?

I wonder if , when you have a low combined fortune, and you refuse to open the mail (in case it's bad)- does it  go away after a time ?
Nothing ever happens to me. I just ignore FORTUNE COOKIES (STAR) because nothing ever happens. I get three a day and it doesn't affect my luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The fortune has affected my luck... I got one star in strength and my tama got sick about 10 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back