Glitch?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrgymnast

Reaction score
Hey,

This may sound weird..but on my brother's tamagotchi, you can't see any of the bottom icons, and there is a line through the screen. It didn't come like that. And, his tamagotchi won't grow any older, even when it has been unpaused for days...

HELP!!! :)

~NRGymnast

It is most likely a glitch. Try hitting the reset button and download. If that doesn't work, you might have to hit the reset button and reset it. I hope you get it fixed. :)

The line through the screen and the lack of icons sounds like sun damage, or maybe even water damage; did he live the tam in direct sunlight for an extended period of time, or drop it on the floor/into water? Any of those things could possibly damage the rather fragile LCD screen. Unfortunately, if this doesn't fix itself with new batteries and a reset, then you need a new tam. :)

I am not sure why it won't grow, though. Perhaps he not only let it hang out it sunlight, but he also dropped it in water? How old is your brother? Is he young? It sounds to me like this tama was severely damaged. It may be best at this point to consider buying another. Before you do, try reseting, and if that doesn't work, replacing the batteries. After that, there isn't much you can do, unless he had dropped it into water recently. If he has done that, you could take the battery panel AND the back panel off and let the water evaporate out. However, it may be too late.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
no no no he dropped it in water my tam has exactly the same problem (one of them)

The reason is that the screen chip is upside down. If you can open it without messing it up, flip it and it should be ok.

The reason is that the screen chip is upside down. If you can open it without messing it up, flip it and it should be ok.
How do you suppose that happened? Although your intentions are good, Asiangotchi, I don't think that is the problem, and I would not advise messing with the delicate LCD screen. I suppose you could try, but I don't think that's the problem, unless your brother flipped the screen in the past for some reason. According to the first post, it "didnt come like that", so I don't think that it was a factory error, and I have no idea why your brother would flip the screen. I think it's water damage. Ask your bro if he's dropped it in any water - that would both kill the screen and prevent the tam from functioning properly.

Thanks. The problem is probably sunlight or water damage. He did leave it our car for a couple of weeks, and the car wasn't in the garage. So it probably got damaged. He's not that young, he's almost nine... He does like to take tings apart, and put them back together though. But i don't see how he possibly could have messesed with it. I'll try resetting it, and see what that does! Thanks again for all the help!

:wub:

Thanks. The problem is probably sunlight or water damage. He did leave it our car for a couple of weeks, and the car wasn't in the garage. So it probably got damaged. He's not that young, he's almost nine... He does like to take tings apart, and put them back together though. But i don't see how he possibly could have messesed with it. I'll try resetting it, and see what that does! Thanks again for all the help!
:)
I hope it can be fixed. ^_^

Like Gejitchi said, there might not be much you can do. Try resetting, replacing the batteries, and unscrewing the screws to let the circuit board dry. If that doesn't work, your brother might need a new Tama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back