Photo
- - - - -

Trouble finding v3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

The Lost Sean

• the-lost-sean user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:28 AM ( #1 )

I was looking through my large bin of tamagotchis the other day and realized that one of my v3's was missing... a black one with red kanji. I looked for a good while, but was not able to find it. Immediatly I felt as if I needed to replace it. I figured I would just grab one off from amazon.com or eBay, but the nagging of having to wait for shipping didn't thrill me. SO, I went out and began searching for the v3 in places around where I live. I was actually able to find some in the most surprising places.
The main point... If you still want to purchase a v3 and wish to do so offline here are a couple places to look.

Walgreens- I went to two different ones to find the design that I had lost... they each had about 10-15 hanging on the wall and when asked had some boxes in their back stock. If I remember properly they were $12.99.

Gamestop- I was really surprised to find they had about 8 hanging just below the counter near where the registers are. I asked and they said that was all they had... I wouldn't count on every gamestop to have some, but there is a chance. They were priced at $11.99.

WalMart- While I expected to find just v4s here, they were actually all sold out and instead had a few v3's for $12.99. Apparently they have a good amount of v3's left, but only put them out when they run our of the v4s.

The last place I reccomend are those little anime/video game stores that are in malls. The place I went to even had a few v1 connections (about 4 of the beach-looking design) as well as the v3 and v4. Which were priced at $7.99, $9.99, and $13.99 respectively.

Well... I hope that this helped anyone who still wants to buy v3s. Also, if you know of any places that a v3 can be found go ahead and mention it in a reply as others might be interested.

Replies

Views

Started

09 Mar 2007

Last Post

17 Mar 2007

Chocosilver

• chocosilver user photo

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:41 PM ( #2 )

Cool- I'm sure this will be helpful to people still looking to buy v3's.

Gejitchi

• gejitchi user photo

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:26 PM ( #3 )

Very interesting that you found some in gamestop. I'm going to have to go to one of "those little anime/video game stores that are in malls" to find some of the older ones. That'd be cool to get them without the eBay shipping hassle.

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:37 PM ( #4 )

Thanks! :huh: Yea, I have noticed the stores that don't really sell tamagotchi's sell the older versions. Where I live I saw some v3's in Walgreens (Like you said it was in). I was like "Where is the v4's, why would they sell those old v3's?.....". Good Call, It will help members that ask "Where Can I still get a v3 at?".

Locky458

Edited by Locky458, 13 March 2007 - 03:37 PM.

muffin_girl

• muffin-girl user photo

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:37 AM ( #5 )

why are you looking for v3's?? use v4.. ok?? and anyway, if you live in canada, v3's are available in zellers in square one...

mcrfreak-nessie

• mcrfreak-nessie user photo

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:31 AM ( #6 )

cool they had v1's? awesome, but to bad they dont sell them here no more.

i think they still sell all the versions where i used to live.