is this tamagotchi real?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla

Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/Super-rare-BANDAI-gian...1QQcmdZViewItem

now i know about these tamagotchi. the deka tamas were the huge ones you could connect with at stores in japan. but i was wondering if this was a real one. the sprite looks strange on the screen and so does the picture. mametchi looks kind of square(literaly), and the attena is strange as well. (do deka tama's even have one?) i'm not sure if this one was already posted or not (i really don't want to look through 50 pages to find out :) ) but is this a fake?

I believe it is a fake because there is no such thing as a "Dekatama"..

//Tama*Lover

Short answer: It's real. Click here to see Bandai's web page for this product.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Long answer: Deka Tamagotchis are Japanese models - available only in Japan. All menus and instructions that come with them are in Japanese only.

There are two Deka Tamagotchi types - In-Store and Home.

In-Store

An In-Store Deka Tamagotchi is huge - almost 30 cm tall. There are two models of In-Store Deka Tamagotchis - the Shopping Center and the Game Center.

To see the guide to the Shopping Center (in Japanese) on Bandai's web site, click here.

To see the guide to the Game Center (in Japanese) on Bandai's web site, click here.

In-Store Deka Tamagotchis are not available for purchase. In-Store Deka Tamagotchis are usually set up on display near a store's toy department. You can play games or purchase items (using Gotchi points) on the In-Store Deka Tamagotchis, and then connect your own Tamagotchi to them, to take home your prizes.

Home

Home Deka Tamagotchis are available for purchase and use at home. Home Deka Tamagotchis are similar to In-Store Deka Tamagotchis, but are not nearly as big.

A Home Deka Tamagotchi is about 11 cm tall. In the same manner as an In-Store Deka Tamagotchi, on a Home Deka Tamagotchi, you don't raise a character. There are two Home Deka Tamagotchi models.

The first model was released in July 2005. It looks like an over-sized KeiTama (or V3), and is available in two colours; standard blue, or Toys-R-Us green. The theme of this model is setting up house. Play games to earn Gotchi points, then go shopping to spend them. You can decorate your house with items you've purchased, or hire some builders to upgrade your house. Gotchi points that you've won on it can be transferred to these Japanese model Tamagotchis: KeiTama, Akai-series KeiTama, EnTama, and UraTama. Items you purchase on it can be transfered to these Japanese model Tamagotchis: KeiTama, and Akai-series KeiTama. For Bandai's web page about this model, click here. There are English-language instructions for this model here: https://www.peppersoup.net/tamasquare/deka.php

The second model was released in October 2006. It looks like an over-sized EnTama (or V4) and is available only in orange. The theme if this model is "King of the Games Championship". There are ten games on this model. The whole point of this model is to become champion of all ten games - to win at each of them, one after the other - in one sitting. You can practice each game in the Game Centre whenever you want and as many times as you want. When you feel up to it, you pay your admission fee and enter the Stadium. There, you will face each game in turn. If you win the current game, you're allowed to advance to the next one. But as soon as you lose, you're ejected from the competition. The next time you enter the Stadium, you have to start all over again. Gotchi points that you've won on this Home Deka Tamagotchi can be transferred to these Japanese model Tamagotchis: KeiTama, Akai-series KeiTama, EnTama, and UraTama. You can not purchase items on this Home Deka Tamagotchi. For Bandai's web pages about this model, click here and here. English-language instructions for the Home Deka Tamagotchi - "King of the Games Championship" model are available in this topic on Tama-Zone: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=7445

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah like what binary said there is a dekatama tamagotchi. its very rare but thats soooooo awesome you found one! if i had a paypal account i would buy it! dang~ LOL! :)

:furawatchi: It's not fake it's just from a different country :lol: B) :p :huh: :eek: ;) :D :mametchi: :nyatchi: :( :kusatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back