It happened...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamakitty710

Reaction score
Well, this has happened before, but this time it is worse than the last time... Well, I might as well say what it is.

I was reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald at school about a month ago. The teacher (I now VERY MUCH DISLIKE this teacher...) saw me holding it (I wasn't reading it) and told me to put it away. So I put it at the corner of my desk and SOMEONE TOOK IT AND STARTED READING IT!!! So she yelled at ME for LETTING them!! I didn't even WANT them to! The girl apologized later. I didn't really care, actually. But I had to see the teacher after school (since she took it) to get the book back. The teacher is also the head of the Jr. High at my school... Anyways, she told me that I wasn't "old enough to read the book." I was all "What the heck, but whatever.." I told my mom and she was FURIOUS! xD I was laughing hysterically. Anyways, I still can't read the book at school... Another reason my parents and I hate this school. I was looking at her bookcase during the thing after school, and she had TWO COPIES of the book on her bookcase! I was trying SO hard not to burst out laughing. xD

Anyways, the same thing happened, except for this time my mom didn't call them and yell at them. I was reading A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, and the teacher saw it on my desk again. Same thing happened, sans the whole "girl steals book and reads it right in front of her." I asked why I couldn't read it right then and there and she said "Because it goes against the beliefs of God." I was FURIOUS! I don't even believe in God!!!

Guess I gotta do all my reading at home now :) Oh well... Just looking to see if anything like this has happened to any other TT. I also just wanted to vent that out ;)

♪~tamakitty710

Wats the book about is it violent
I don't want to post a summary of the whole book -__- But it's not really violent... It's not like there's people shooting each other on every page or anything...

If you don't go to a private school, you can report the teacher. They are NOT allowed to do that, with the whole "it goes agaisnt the beliefs of god." Not everyone is Christian and she could be fired for saying that. It's not her business if what you read goes with or agaisnt god-- if you read a book about Satanism, she couldn't do anything about it, because your religion or lack there of is your choice.

In elementary school, a friend of mine who was Wicca got pulled in by our teachers to get a talk about it and it got close to being a religous thing. But that was just because she was goth, not a book or anything...

You teacher is a idiot if she owns the SAME book. My teacher doesn't approve of my having Manga, when the class went to the school library I left it on a desk and the teacher told me to put it on the FLOOR, now is that ANY way to treat a book that belongs to the city? Leaving it on a floor for people to harm? And me having to pay for it?

Never happened to me, all 3 schools I have been too (I went to Pre K at a different Elementary) never did this.

I go to a private school, unfortunately ;) And the school IS Catholic... And that teacher IS the head of the Jr. High... xD But seriously, it made me really mad. And what made the first situation even FUNNIER was that the Juniors in the high school there are reading The Great Gatsby! xD My mom was even madder when I told her that.

It was a mang a book? i luv manga! this teacher conviscated a book from me because it wasent my level to read

It was a mang a book? i luv manga! this teacher conviscated a book from me because it wasent my level to read
Oh screw that! I read manga's off my level ALL the time, Manga is usually below my level~ I read at a High School level.

You could tell the principal, she will get fired. And plus if she has the same book then does she really care? I find that it's very misundetstanding of her to yell at you like that.

I go to a private school, unfortunately ;) And the school IS Catholic... And that teacher IS the head of the Jr. High... xD But seriously, it made me really mad. And what made the first situation even FUNNIER was that the Juniors in the high school there are reading The Great Gatsby! xD My mom was even madder when I told her that.
That seems a little odd on the teacher's part.

Since [or is it sence? I never know. xD] it IS a private Catholic school, I guess she does have a right to that- kinda. o.0

NO, The Great Gatsby is NOT manga! > :) Neither is "A Brief History of Time" xD I don't think F. Scott Fitzgerald OR Stephen Hawking writes manga ;P I read above my level. I'm a 6th grader reading who-knows-what-level books. The Great Gatsby is probably high school+, and I don't know what A Brief History of Time is... And I think you mean college :(

You are only in sixth grade! O.O

I didn't know that...

I figured you were in like, 8th or 9th because you have such good grammer!

Wow, this is news to me! x]

Why doesn't the teacher like the first book? o.0

I'm a bit confuzed.

Hooh, go figure.

I guess your mom can write a note to the teacher.

It's amazing, the teacher won't let you read certain books.

Yeah, maybe ask her what books she recommends for you.

Heh, I might as well be in 8th or 9th grade. This school has the easiest work EVER. x( Anyways...

She would probably recommend the Bible... I mean, there's nothing wrong with the Bible, just not my kind of book. There are actually worse things going on in the Bible than there are in The Great Gatsby! No one kills their brother with an axe in The Great Gatsby... =/ Ah well..

SUE THE SCHOOL! (lol ive always wanted to say that) and my teacher keeps a manga book for people, 2. but there stupid. a spanish one, and a bionicle one.

TELL THE PRNCEPAL!"! START UP A PROTEST, THEY ARE DESCRIMINATING YOUR BELIEFS!! AAAAH!!

Sorry.

Yes, I think you should tell the princepal. It's mean of the teacher to say that.

What the hell is manga, though?

O.O You don't know what manga is? It's the comic version of anime... xD I can't tell the principal, she is the prinicpal! D=

♪~tk710

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back