Connecting V1 and V4

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily12

Reaction score
I have a V1 and a V4. I connected them and I noticed something very strange. My Tamas are both the same age but the V1 never visits the V4. Only the V4 visits the V1. Can a V1 visit a V4? Is it because they are two different versions?

Hmm - I can't test that right now as my V1s are all tabbed up and sealed in a box... (from moving house..)

but I don't see why your V1 wouldn't visit the V4... are you sure you are pressing the right button last?

By that I mean, when you want a tama to visit yours you normally should press B to connect last (let the visiting tama press B to connect then you press it) - I noticed on the V4 that this rule seems to be slightly different and is the total reverse...

Does that make sense at all? :D

I guess I am suggesting that when you connect them try making sure you press the B button of your V1 last each time. If the V4 continues to visit, then try the same thing in reverse, making sure you press the B button of your V4 last each time...

just a suggestion ;) not sure if it will work or not :)

They are talking about the Version one connection which can connect with any other version.
if they r talking about V1 connection then V4 would be V3 so u should just call it V2!

Sometimes version ones go to the " Tamagotchi post office". Then your Tamagotchi gives Nazotchi the present it wants to give to the version four Tamagotchi and Nazotchi appears on the version four and gives Him/her the gift. That happens if you have a charecter that is not on the version one. But if you have a verion one charecter on the version four like example: mimitchi,mametchi,masktchi,kuchipatchi,hanatchi,memetchi,gozarutchi,androtchi and all the other charecters on the version one, it will visit and show its self instead of sending "Nazotchi" the tamagotchi mail man. (I found that out with the help of tamatown.com)

I didn't know that you could connect on v1!My friend had a v1 and it had no connection on it!
(off topic: just to clarify things for everyone:

in recent years there have been 4 tamagotchis launched with IR (infared) connection. Version 1 Connections were launched in Summer 2004.

The early tamagotchis launched in the late 1990s (1997 onwards) are usually refered to as P1s / P2s and do not have IR connection. )

Let's keep on topic ;) - the topic is about why a V1 won't visit a V4

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it did once but it never happened again. So maybe the V1 connection visits the V4 connection less because it's an older version. Maybe?

It should be able to visit the v4. I have never tried this myself. Try entering the IR menu on the version 1 at the same time you select "others" on your version 4, and then press the middle button on your version 4.

I have a V1 and a V4. I connected them and I noticed something very strange. My Tamas are both the same age but the V1 never visits the V4. Only the V4 visits the V1. Can a V1 visit a V4? Is it because they are two different versions?
It is not why you think. Tell me the stats of the trainning on both gotchi's and I could work it out.

It is not why you think. Tell me the stats of the trainning on both gotchi's and I could work it out.
You mean training points? My V4 has 4 traning points and my V1 has 5 training points. If this is not what your asking can you explain more?

i don't know cuz i have a v3 but maybe its just something that happens

The Version 1 will visit Version 4, what you have to remember is if you want V1 to go over to V4 when on the stand-by screen you must press to connect on the V4, if you press to connect on the V1 the V4 will go over to the V1 (or they'll play a game obv) so just remember you have to press to connect on the Tamagotchi you want to be visited not the one who you want to be the visitor (jeez reading this back I've made it sound complicated) so yeah just always press to connect on the V4 and not the V1, more often than not they'll play games but there will be visits too, I mated mine and the girl was on V4 so the V1 had no choice but to come over, but they will visit w/out mating too.

The Version 1 will visit Version 4, what you have to remember is if you want V1 to go over to V4 when on the stand-by screen you must press to connect on the V4, if you press to connect on the V1 the V4 will go over to the V1 (or they'll play a game obv) so just remember you have to press to connect on the Tamagotchi you want to be visited not the one who you want to be the visitor (jeez reading this back I've made it sound complicated) so yeah just always press to connect on the V4 and not the V1, more often than not they'll play games but there will be visits too, I mated mine and the girl was on V4 so the V1 had no choice but to come over, but they will visit w/out mating too.
I tryed it and it worked. Though I noticed if you press connect both times it will play games more often.

I dont have a v1 but my friend does so when we connect they do both the v1 visits the v4 and the v4 visits the v1 :D

They play games a lot but if they are mate-able as they get more friendly visiting will get more frequent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back