All Tamagotchi Versions>Does weight really matter?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banoon

Reaction score
Okay, I've noticed most people have been saying "Get Mimitchi and Mametchi by keeping its hearts up and not letting it get overweight." I'm not sure this is true. I've had so many Mimitchis and Mametchis at 99LBS. However, I remember a few times when their hearts never went down but got 99LBS - It turned into a Furawatchi.

So think about it - does weight really matter? :puroperatchi:

Good call! :puroperatchi: Yes on my tamagotchi version 3 I had a 99IB pound Mimitchi to. It seems as though weight doesn't really matter on some of the versions. Some people think overweight tamagotchi's is bad care which is common. I would say no because in the because I've had plenty of 40 and up pound tamagotchi's that would come from so called "Good Care"

P.S. My Mametchi was skinner than that.

locky458

Last edited by a moderator:
I think on the Version One Tamagotchi, it mattered. I don't think the 'growth patterns' were as detailed and complex as some of the later versions.

I haven't really played around experimenting with different characters as much in other versions so I am not sure. But I think it mattered in the V1. I remember that if you had like a over weight teen and didn't really play games (just gave snacks to fill up happiness) then you would most likely get a Masktchi or a Gozarutchi (even if you looked after its needs well). So I think weight played a pretty big part in the V1..

What have others experienced with the V1, and then on the others? Have others noticed a difference or is it just me? :puroperatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Well on my v3 i kept the hunger and happy hearts up but the weight up but still i got good characters like them! I think that weight doesn't matter but it might depend on the version you have.I know that high weight on v4 usually means an unhealthy character.[/SIZE]

I haven't timed it, but I thought your Tamagotchi character's happy hearts emptied faster if it was too overweight. (This was my impression for the V3.)

I haven't timed it, but I thought your Tamagotchi character's happy hearts emptied faster if it was too overweight. (This was my impression for the V3.)
I've experienced this, as well - I noticed it on my v1. The more I just fed my mametchi to keep it happy, the quicker the hearts disappeared, whereas when I played with it it would stay happy longer.

I DON'T THINK IT DOES because mine always turns into something ok or even better like once i got young mimitchi when it was 99lb :)

I remember my V1s dying because they were over weight...

But I always kept the weights down on my other verisons, so I'm not so sure about them.

I think the maximum and base weights keep your Tamagotchi from getting too overweight or too underweight.

I don't think for the V3 the weight matters so much as the type of care you give it. If you let the hearts drop all the time and get it sick a lot then I don't think it would turn into the so called healthy characters mametchi and Mimitchi.

Also it is partly random what character your V3 turns into. You can't take care of your Tama the same way everytime and get the same characters every time. You need some variety. And plus that's not possible as far as I know.

I think on the Version One Tamagotchi, it mattered. I don't think the 'growth patterns' were as detailed and complex as some of the later versions.
I haven't really played around experimenting with different characters as much in other versions so I am not sure. But I think it mattered in the V1. I remember that if you had like a over weight teen and didn't really play games (just gave snacks to fill up happiness) then you would most likely get a Masktchi or a Gozarutchi (even if you looked after its needs well). So I think weight played a pretty big part in the V1..

What have others experienced with the V1, and then on the others? Have others noticed a difference or is it just me? :)
Well, on my V1 it was a little hard to tell since I kept the weight down, (and got a Mametchi :p ) but I saw someone on the school bus with an Itchigotchi and the weight was pretty high on a V1. Itchigotchis are good, right? I have only really just started generation 2 on my V1.

Okay, I've noticed most people have been saying "Get Mimitchi and Mametchi by keeping its hearts up and not letting it get overweight." I'm not sure this is true. I've had so many Mimitchis and Mametchis at 99LBS. However, I remember a few times when their hearts never went down but got 99LBS - It turned into a Furawatchi.
So think about it - does weight really matter? :D
I don't think weight matters. It morely depends on the hearts, I believe.

So think about it - does weight really matter? :lol:
Weight usually matters when you play the tamagotchi BUMP game. If your character does not weigh very much, (such as 30 lbs) you usually have less of a chance of winning BUMP a lot of times. But if your character is overweight, you usually have more of a chance winning in the BUMP game.

It is just the way the tamagotchi is. But, I've experienced that you usually receive more GP when you win BUMP and your character is not overweight (overweight usually equals 85 lbs. plus) than when your character IS overweight and you win the BUMP game. I assume this is because you usually win more in BUMP when your character is overweight, so the tamagotchi gives you less GP than when your character is not overweight and won in BUMP. It seems the tamagotchi ways want BUMP to be pretty fair! :(

But on [SIZE=14pt]some[/SIZE] tamagotchis, if you want your character to lose weight, you can play games to lessen its' weight, buy a SODA item and feed it to your character to lessen its' weight, (This does not always work) and there are other ways.

I am concluding that if your character is overweight, it DOES matter me, it may not to you, but it does matter to me. :eek:

I hope you understand.

-Cotton .`)

I Always remember my first v3 dying cause it was overweight when it was 6 so I really think weight matters :kusatchi: :wacko: :kuribotchi: :nazotchi:

On V1, it mattered. I'm not sure about V2. It mattered on V3. It doesn't matter on V4. On V3, it counted as one attention miss, so it was still possible to get a good character.

On the older Tamagotchis, weight did, in fact, have a large impact on character development. An obvious example is the Mesutchi and Osutchi release; if your Tamagotchi got up to 99 lbs, it became Debutchi, a character so fat that he enveloped the whole screen. You had to play the game until he got down to 89 lbs before becoming normal again.

Weight matters too on Versions 1-3. Version 1 (Tamagotchi Plus in Japan) had two different games, and both could be used to lower weight. If your Tamagotchi became overweight, it would become a different character than it would if it were its average weight. Version 2 and 3, both built off the V1, worked the same. They also featured the "Bump" game which, as stated before, altered your chances of winning and acuiring money based on your Tamagotchi's weight.

As for Version 4, weight MIGHT affect if your Tamagotchi becomes one of the "Other" family characters or not. Other than that, weight can affect if you get a "healthy" teen or "unhealthy" teen.

On the Japanese releases, the Keitai and Akai worked the same as the Plus in terms of weight, but getting certain items helps to lower the chances of getting unhealthy characters drastically. Trust me, it gets a little boring getting a Furawatchi, then Mametchi, then Furawatchi again. >< On Entama/Uratama, weight only seems to affect teen growth, but nothing else.

~OM21

Well, on my V1 it was a little hard to tell since I kept the weight down, (and got a Mametchi :D ) but I saw someone on the school bus with an Itchigotchi and the weight was pretty high on a V1. Itchigotchis are good, right? I have only really just started generation 2 on my V1.
Well, it's really a 50/50 chance with the V1's because there are less character variety and it's either gonna turn to one character or the other. So it probably just did it at random, I guess.

I've tried the weight thing many times, with all different versions, English and Japanese. I have never noticed a difference in what character developed, or how fast the hearts emptied.

I do think that what character you get is somewhat affected by how full its hearts are, how long the tam stays around its poo, and whether it sleeps with its poo.

:unsure: :chohimetchi: :(

Actually, weight does matter. No matter what character it is, if it's overwieght, it might get sick and die just like mine did.

PM me if you need help with tamas.

from JOS0001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back