Oh my gosh!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchis_rock13579

Reaction score
I can't believe it! I was looking through my change jar, and I found a 1940 Wheatie! (Wheaties are a now rare type of US penny with two strands of wheat engraved on the tails side. I'm not talking about the cereal, that would be gross finding a 67-year-old cereal piece.)

I asked my older sister how much it would probably be worth. She said it wouldn't be worth 1¢, but actually worth about $100 USD!

Whoa! But I kinda want to keep it, because when it turns 100 yrs old (in 2040) then it might be worth $500 - $1000 USD. Cha-ching!

Heads side - on top it reads "In God We Trust", Abe Lincoln in the center of the penny, the year 1940 written to the right of Abe, and the word "Liberty" to the left of Abe.

Tails side - on top it reads "E Pluribus Unum", two wheats, one on the left-hand side and one on the right-hand side with the words "One Cent" and "United States of America" in between the two wheats.

Hey, I just realized, this penny is the same age as my grandma! xD

oooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! LOL

I whould keep it for like 10 more years and cash it in for some cold hard $$

Sweet! I once found a penny on the ground and I checked the date and it was from 1901. I don't know where it is right now.
Make sure you look for it. Since it's over 100 yrs old it's pretty rare. Wait - is it a Wheatie penny (two wheat things on the tails side)? If so then, what a koinkydink!

are you emo or something?
Do you always have to make rude comments? <.<

Mimitchis_rock13579:

Awesome find ^^ You should keep it somewhere safe.

Also, your grandma is really young o.o' My grandma was born in 1925, lol.

hey that is awesome that you found that wheatie penny i wish i could find something like that cause um well I AM BROKE! though i do collect things that r mickey mouse do you think that would be valuable one day?

BY THE WAY MICKEY MOUSE IS MY MAN!

SO DON'T YOU SAY HE IS YOURS

hey that is awesome that you found that wheatie penny i wish i could find something like that cause um well I AM BROKE! though i do collect things that r mickey mouse do you think that would be valuable one day?

BY THE WAY MICKEY MOUSE IS MY MAN!

SO DON'T YOU SAY HE IS YOURS
Some of the really old antique Mickey Mouse stuff with worth a bit now.

I imagine in quite a few years it'll be worth a lot.

Also, you can't claim a character as yours. You don't own it.

I can't believe it! I was looking through my change jar, and I found a 1940 Wheatie! (Wheaties are a now rare type of US penny with two strands of wheat engraved on the tails side. I'm not talking about the cereal, that would be gross finding a 67-year-old cereal piece.)
I asked my older sister how much it would probably be worth. She said it wouldn't be worth 1¢, but actually worth about $100 USD!

Whoa! But I kinda want to keep it, because when it turns 100 yrs old (in 2040) then it might be worth $500 - $1000 USD. Cha-ching!

Heads side - on top it reads "In God We Trust", Abe Lincoln in the center of the penny, the year 1940 written to the right of Abe, and the word "Liberty" to the left of Abe.

Tails side - on top it reads "E Pluribus Unum", two wheats, one on the left-hand side and one on the right-hand side with the words "One Cent" and "United States of America" in between the two wheats.

Hey, I just realized, this penny is the same age as my grandma! xD
OMG REALLY?!!

I HAVE LIKE THREE OF THOSE!!!!

300$ FOR ME!!!

I wonder how much those commemorative (yet still every-day) type coins that I keep in that box upstairs are worth?... hmm... (I really wish they had a thoughtful emotiocon at this sort of moment...)

I wonder how much those commemorative (yet still every-day) type coins that I keep in that box upstairs are worth?... hmm... (I really wish they had a thoughtful emotiocon at this sort of moment...)
It depends what year they are, like my Wheatie.

About the emotes, what about the rolling eyes one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back