V4 vs other versions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyonchit

Reaction score
Some conversation starters (but you dont need to answer all of them)

>>What works better, care or skill points? Why?

>>How do you like the mail system as compared to the lights?

>>How much do you like the tamatown? What could have been better?

>>Which designs are better? the v4s, or other versions? (please specify ;) )

and if you feel like there are any other things that you might want to talk about in comparing versions, do say so!

I find not having the light much easier because if I go to sleep before my Tama the tama will turn off the light by itself. Though the mail can get a little annoying and confusing because and the special features it has.

Skill points are very helpful because it's a status check for your tama. Though the skill points are annoying too because they predict what job you will get and you have to have some skill points. Why couldn't you just pick any job you want?

I personally think they should have finished V4 tamatown before releasing the V4. When they released the V4 there was not much to do on Tamatown. So it was kinda annoying.

I kinda think the V4 designs are better just the antena a little too big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skill points are very helpful because it's a status check for your tama. Though the skill points are annoying too because they predict what job you will get and you have to have some skill points. Why couldn't you just pick any job you want?
well, i find that only having 3 tamagotchi per teen is annoying. it's too easy to get the same one again -_____- it's true that skill points are helpful as a status check, but i guess i've never had a universal teen so i've never really 'failed' at a status check >.>

Seeing as how I always take near to perfect care of my Tama, the idea that skill points now affect which character you get is kind of refreshing. I believe it is also a bit easier to get the character you want. For example, if your Tama was either a Young Mimitchi or a Ringotchi and you wanted a Mimitchi for an adult, you could just get your Tama's Intelligence points up, and then you would most likely get Mimitchi.

In my opinion, the mail system is much better than the lights icon. Now that the mail feature is on the Tamagotchi, it makes it a bit more interesting because you never know what you're going to get in the post. Also, there isn't the hassle of turning off the lights when your Tama goes to bed :) .

I agree with Lily12 when it comes to TamaTown. They should have gotten it up and running better before the release of the V4.

On the subject of designs, the V4 has some good ones. Although, the antenna is kind of annoying and gets in the way when I'm playing with my V4. I like the new designs of the V4, but I like the shape on the V1 and 2 much better because they don't have antennae.

That is all :) .

I like V4 but I kind of liked turning out the Tama's lights when it went to bed. I felt as if it needed me more and I liked watching my Tama sleep. It was sweet and cute.

I like the mail but hate fortune cookies. They're annoying.

I feel that the antenna is just ridiculous. And the ball is so ugly. The antenna is too big. I think they should just stick with the V3 antenna design and start printing the version on the front by the Tamagotchi logo. Like after Connection they should have V4 or V3 or V1 or V2 or V4.5, you know whatever version they are doing.

And sometimes I feel this Tamagotchi is just too overloaded. I want a V2 because they have a lot of stuff, but not too much where it's like, "These things are too alive." Cuz I don't like that. I think they should be more pet like. Like the V2.

"I like V4 but I kind of liked turning out the Tama's lights when it went to bed. I felt as if it needed me more and I liked watching my Tama sleep. It was sweet and cute."

i liked the lights since you can use the teddy bear ^^ with the v4 you cant see it with the tam.

"And sometimes I feel this Tamagotchi is just too overloaded. I want a V2 because they have a lot of stuff, but not too much where it's like, "These things are too alive." Cuz I don't like that. I think they should be more pet like. Like the V2. "

thats pretty much the reason why the v2 is my favorite.

"On the subject of designs, the V4 has some good ones. Although, the antenna is kind of annoying and gets in the way when I'm playing with my V4. I like the new designs of the V4, but I like the shape on the V1 and 2 much better because they don't have antennae."

yeah.. the antenna did cause a lot of ruckus a while back, wether they really worked with tamatown or if they were plastic :)

Some conversation starters (but you dont need to answer all of them)>>What works better, care or skill points? Why?

>>Which designs are better? the v4s, or other versions? (please specify :) )

and if you feel like there are any other things that you might want to talk about in comparing versions, do say so!
Personaly, I think how you cared for your tama was better. I find skill points ALOT easier, and since I don't know much about tama charactors and such anyways I like it better. But the idea of the care thing I think is much better- it just seems more realistic and more of a challenge to me. Anyone can play games like Dance over and over and make the points go up but not all people can keep the tama happy and perfect all the time [that would be me].

It confuzed me the first time my V4 went to sleep and turned the lights out by itself. xD I kinda like the mail idea- the feature is better because you know when something new is happening [like getting a new teacher or job]. The fortune teller is also a good judge too. I don't really like the other mail becuase I always get bad stuff and makes my tama sad. x.<

I did like turning off the lights though- although it's one less thing to worry about. ^^

I like tamatown MUCH better for V4 then the V3 tamatown. I like how you can get easy money dispite the fact that the price on things went up. I also like how it saves all the passwords till after you are ready to leave. It always annoyed me how I'd have to stop, and put in the password, then go on and sometimes I had already gotten the iteam anyways. It looks like they are adding more towns! Can't wait till that- well I can, but you know. xD I wonder if they are just going to drop the V3 tamatown.

I like the V4 designs. I like the entena with the ball on top because it looks more advanced. xD Plus you can put charms and such on them- I have yet to do that though.

For me the V3 was a let down. It really didn't have any new fetures [besides more charactors which I don't know about anyways, more iteams and a new game or two- I didn't make it as far to see all the games] and I stopped using it a week or two after [it was paused most of the time anyways]. Now the V4, tamatown is much better, it has a whole new system in it and there are alot more games, iteams, charactors and so on.

Well, personally I think the V4 was okay, but could be better. Honestly, I liked having the light icon because that way I knew whether or not my Tamagotchi was asleep with poo or not, plus I liked seeing how they were in bed. There was always something cute about that.

Skill points can be a pain in the neck! I like the games, but they take to long to play if you're busy, where as Jump on V2 took around less than a minute. The V4 games don't give enough skill points, making it hard to get Makiko, Nonbiritchi or Tensaitchi. I also didn't like the Universal group! I had a Ringotchi who was going to be a Mimitchi, she had the right skill points and everything, but she evolved into a Hanatchi instead.

And job offers are REALLY annoying! There are plenty of jobs I'd like to get, but my Tamagotchis never seem to have enough skill points to get the jobs I want! Honestly, why even OFFER a job to my Tamagotchi if they're just going to turn me down any ways!

Skill points can be a pain in the neck! I like the games, but they take to long to play if you're busy, where as Jump on V2 took around less than a minute. The V4 games don't give enough skill points, making it hard to get Makiko, Nonbiritchi or Tensaitchi. I also didn't like the Universal group! I had a Ringotchi who was going to be a Mimitchi, she had the right skill points and everything, but she evolved into a Hanatchi instead.
Could someone explain to me what an universal charactor is and why it's bad/good to get one? I'm really confuzed.

Some conversation starters (but you dont need to answer all of them)

>>What works better, care or skill points? Why?

Um... I don't have mine yet but I'm guessing skill points would be good since it would be easier to target whatever character you want. But I think the universal character thing is just stupid! If you want a, say, Memetchi, you would most likely want to target Style points, but then you'd just get a Universal character because you don't have enough intelligence or kindness points!

Oh and the games to get skill points are way too long. Like jumping rope! It takes like forever and a day to get the rope around once, let alone 30 times! Mimic's alright I suppose. How come they always give you the long annoying games when your Tamagotchi is a baby? I personally think they should have cut Mimic and Jumping Rope and given you just shape, dance and flag, that way you could decide your Tamagotchi's life path earlier.

Well I like to see my Tamagotchi sleeping sometimes, so that's the better bit of the lights. Maybe they could have put mail under games/activity, instead of souvenir. Or under IR.

Uhhhhh it's alright, I don't really visit Tamatown.

>>Which designs are better? the v4s, or other versions? (please specify )

Hate antennae. HATE antennae. I like my version 1, with no antenna. And besides, Tamago means egg, right? Well the antennae make them look a lot less egg-like than they should. Plus they get in the way. I'm right handed but I use my left hand for my Tamagotchi. The antenna, in my opinion, is just a waste of plastic...

As for the actual design (forget the antenna), I like them! I like the Kuchipatchi design but I'm getting the blue w/ diamonds design for my birthday. Hmmm... I like the sky design, the night sky design, the white with TMGC in coloured bubbles design...

All the designs are nice in my opinion. Version 2 had a couple of ocean ones that suited my fancy (though I never got version 2). Version 1 had a white with flames design (I have it), white with stars, all kinds of nice designs.

I like the version one the best, I think Tama's got to junked up when the shop came along. I like the original characters best, and connecting is best when it's a surprise.

every thing your saying i agree with but when i droped mt tama v4 the ball came out so i had to glue it back on with a glue gun :lol:

Some conversation starters (but you dont need to answer all of them)>>What works better, care or skill points? Why?

>>Which designs are better? the v4s, or other versions? (please specify :D )

1. Skill points. Say you want Kutchipatchi. You won't have to try to give it medium care and get a memetchi, and be mad. Just get as much Kindness/Art as you can, and make sure you have a male tama! If you get the Kuchizoku family, bam, get the art teacher and there is your full-fledged Kutchi! I've only gone through 2 generations, though both I got the characters I wanted. Yumi the mimitchi on 1st gen, and now I have Mumbl(e) the Simasimatchi! (<3 Squee!) (Tip for the pencil/Flower/Star switching boxes game: Watch. It ends up in the first box, and watch how it switches. If that box and another flashes, it will automatically be in that box. It switches three times, and press the 'A' button to go to the last box it was switched into and press 'B'.

2. The mail system is a nice touch, I have to say. No more hassle of turning the lights on and off. Exept for my V3, Gl(o)ria, that is. I would hate to see the horrid light icon in future versions, as I sometimes go to bed earlier than my tama. (I know a tama that sleeps at 11! Forget what tama is was, though!

3. Tamatown is nice, As there is now different Cities/Towns to visit via the Train Station. Unfortunately, not everything was up when they started, and alot /still/ isn't up. T_T I cannot wait untill the towns come out. Mame City looks quite interesting to me. There is also barely any Souveneirs available, when there is 50! I'm guessing they will all be in the extra towns, exept for a few. ^^'

4. Lastly, I like some of the colors. I like glow in the dark, and the Black and Red with silver lightning one... but mostly glow-in-the-dark. I think the V3 designs were horrid, exept for the Silver/black, Green snake scales, and the gray with Graffiti. The v2 designs were wonderfull and I loved them all, and the simplicity of the V1's solid color is quite charming.

Hope this helped!

From,

Zoria the Simasimatchi

Could someone explain to me what an universal charactor is and why it's bad/good to get one? I'm really confuzed.
A universal character are teens and adults that you can obtain from toddlers/teens because of low skill points/high weight/neglect/etc. They can come from Mame, Meme, or Kuchi family groups.

V4s are a ot better than all the other versions. You get skill points, mail, jobs, and I like the designs. I think the little ball on the top of the V4 is really cute.

A universal character are teens and adults that you can obtain from toddlers/teens because of low skill points/high weight/neglect/etc. They can come from Mame, Meme, or Kuchi family groups.
I believe you are right when you say that the Universal Characters are teens and adults that you can obtain from toddlers/teens because of low skill points/high weight/neglect/etc., but they actually do not come from the Mame, Meme, or Kuchi family groups. The whole reason they are called the "Universal Characters" is because they do not fit into one specific 'group'.

Couldn't Bandai let us turn off the lights and read mail?

i really like the v4s. the skill points are annoying me now though as i can only ever seem to get the mame or meme family. and i really want the kuchi family!!

i wish the station was ready on tamatown i can't wait to go to all the new places.

i like getting mail and don't really miss the lights. mail's more interesting.

the antenna is far too big and not necessary at all, it just means i've had to make bigger pouches for them.

Well, personally I think the V4 was okay, but could be better. Honestly, I liked having the light icon because that way I knew whether or not my Tamagotchi was asleep with poo or not, plus I liked seeing how they were in bed. There was always something cute about that.

Thats true, I guess it was more realistic for me also. The mail could have gone somewhere else..

I don't like the two pyons being in the universal group. I don't like the idea of neglecting the tam to get a character i like a lot.

And job offers are REALLY annoying! There are plenty of jobs I'd like to get, but my Tamagotchis never seem to have enough skill points to get the jobs I want! Honestly, why even OFFER a job to my Tamagotchi if they're just going to turn me down any ways!

I find the job games kind of tedious as well >.>

I think that for version 4, they should:

-For job offers, offer EVERY job

-Not have a universal group. Maybe they could have a HatenaZoku sort of thing, but instead of having Tamastation to get the cards, maybe you could get them off Tamatown, but they would be sold out more quickly.

-Maybe have the mail underneath Games/Activity instead of Souvenir. I think I've said that already.

-Cut Jumprope and Mimic. Or get them later. So you can start your Tamagotchi off on the right path, instead of getting any random teen.

-Give more skill points for the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back