digimon

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what part of digimon do you like the most?

• show

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • v-pet

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • characters

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • plot

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

windbreeze

Reaction score
I was just wondering because this is my first time liking digimon in 2 years. :)

Actually, it's more like an older sibling to tamagotchi. It's also from Bandai, from about the same time, and the same reason (only this time for boys). It might even be tama's twin.

They are pretty much the same in the long run. The Digimon Digivice was first as tamagotchi came a few years later. I still have my two D3 and season 3 cad digivice. I still play with them, I play with them constantly. When my season 5 one has battery life, I play with that constantly. (Although my Precure Communes tend to use what batteries I have.)

They are pretty much the same in the long run. The Digimon Digivice was first as tamagotchi came a few years later. I still have my two D3 and season 3 cad digivice. I still play with them, I play with them constantly. When my season 5 one has battery life, I play with that constantly. (Although my Precure Communes tend to use what batteries I have.)
I think Digimon came after Tamagotchi, since it was supposed to be thought-up of as a "Tamagotchi for boys" (Unless you're referring to the Connections and modern Tamas, though).

Digimon and Tamagotchi were released at around the same time and in the same year, 1997.

Tamagotchi were aimed at girls and Digimon were aimed at boys.

Digimon are still my favourite virtual pets by far. I actually have my Pendulum 1 running right now, he's currently a Tentomon. :ichigotchi:

I wish they weren't so hard to find, I'd really love to own some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah. Let me "edit" that hahaha.

I think Digimon Digivice, the retangle ones, came out about the sametime as the original Tamas. But I'm thinking I saw the digimon retangle digivice first. Could just be how my store set things out and in the orders they wanted. I remember the Tamas not leaving until they were done with the virtual pet craze... like 1999. The Digimon stuff just moved to its own little section in the boy isle.

(Virtual pets like Giga/Nano pets)

I may be right... I may not be. I'm questioning my own memory now-a-days.

The original Digimon digivices were indeed the brick-patterend rectangle cages, and like I said in my earlier post, they were released in 1997 alongside Tamagotchis.

They look like this. (that's a picture of my poor malfunctioning V1 Digimon. XD

You can find them for a decent price if you are persistent. I have two of them that I got for about $20 each several months about from each other. You just have to get lucky.

You should also check out Digimon Mini's they are about $24 and function basically the same with the same characters.

I found a season 4 D-tector digivice. I love it. It was $20 with shipping... I swear I stole it.. All it needed was paint, otherwise, its pretty good condition... Its the Red and mainly black one... so the scrapes are on the black.....Not that visible if at all...

I'm just trying to see if there is a way to Remove from a D-Dock. (Or switch location of digimon in the D-Docks) besides resetting... It didn't come with instructions so... If someone who has one could tell me if they know. (Its a v1)

Yes, I go to that site often. I've looked at a few places and it doesn't help when it comes to Removing digimon from D-Docks... I have put digi-digits in for two digimon. They are in the D-Docks 2 and 3.

Should I try entering more Digi-Digits and try to delete a digimon I have entered? ...and am I crazy or was there a online game or software online somewhere for the D-Tector... Like the Season 3 came with? (as I have that too) I think I saw something that breifly saying something about a program and a delete button..... but it wasn't clear at all to me.

I would try adding more to see if it eventually allows you to delete them. And I'm not sure about any of the versions except for the originals haha I've never owned any other ones.

Ya. I was just crossing my fingers for someone who had one who could help. I've had no real issue with my Season2, 3 and 5... Besides the fact I missed the shake before you battle of my season 2s... Lol.

I'll add more and see if I move them... Joy. I guess I'll add Patamon and another rookie... since they are easier controlled I guess, based on what I read... Ophanimon, I will try to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back