violin? should i play one?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok, do i get a violin, learn to play it or what?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• what is a violin?

• O_o

• well.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

makiko_girl

Reaction score
ok, do i get a violin, learn to play it or what? i plzy the piano, and have been playing the piano for about 3 or 4 years now! and i want jsut dunno!

my bestie (emmy) has got a violin, and she kinda is telling me how 2 play it, but do i get one? i busk with hers and get lots of money so is that a good or bad bit of getting one

oh plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

makiko_girl

oh and wot do i tell my parents if u say "yes" will i say like "can i quit piano?" but then i think they will say "but you are soooooo good and you r doing exams" oh please help me!

I think they're both beatiful instruments and it's really your decision on which one you play.

Personally, I'd stick with piano.

it is just really hard to play in a grade 3 exam (this is the odor of the exams: step one, step two, step three, grade one, grade two, grade three, grade four, grade five, grade six, grade seven, grade eight) when i am only `10!

makiko_girl

oh but thanx 4 the epinion

Do what ever makes you happy. If you want to start violin then go for it, but if you choose stay with piano then that is great as well! Perhaps you should tell your parents on how you feel and they can help you through this. I am sure whatever you do they will help you go the full 9 yards.

Depends if you really want to or not. But I'd say you should, it's always good to know two instruments. My brother plays the violin as well as the guitar. I play the piano and the 'penny whistle' and I'm considering learning violin as well.

ok... i am glad of the ideas... i might ask 2day if i can!

thanx

makiko_girl

I think you should play it! What to say to you parents:

"Mom/Dad, I want to try something new. I'd like to try violin lessons! And I'll stay with it when I start! Then me and Emmy can play together and do shows for you and infront of our school!"

I dunno if it will work but thats what I would say

ok... i said to them

*me talking*

"mom, i kinda get bored of playing piano, and it is getting really hard! so mayB can i stop playing piano?"

*mom talking*

"well i need to get the money for the lessons that you missed out on. and you know that we just bought a digital piano, and that cost a bit, so..."

*me talking*

" and me and emmy are being nice and not fighting so she tought me how to play the violin, and it is really fun! but u see i really want to play violin, and i have thoght about it for a long time, so maybe can i take up violin, and play with emmy, and we can busk to make money to pay for it too.

*mom talking*

well mayB after you have done this exam, we can think about it... but right now the answer is a 'no'... ok then?

*me talking*

well ok.

then i just walk off to make a list of the "good's adn bad's of playing violin!

see, it went ok...i guess

makiko_girl

ok, do i get a violin, learn to play it or what? i plzy the piano, and have been playing the piano for about 3 or 4 years now! and i want jsut dunno!my bestie (emmy) has got a violin, and she kinda is telling me how 2 play it, but do i get one? i busk with hers and get lots of money so is that a good or bad bit of getting one

oh plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

makiko_girl

oh and wot do i tell my parents if u say "yes" will i say like "can i quit piano?" but then i think they will say "but you are soooooo good and you r doing exams" oh please help me!
I'm not sure.. both are really pretty instruments that make beautiful sounds (in my opinion that is).

I suggest you play the viola or cello. x3

There is not much competiotion so you can get really good and move up in chairs.

Viola can play with the violins, cellos, or [usualy] their own part in the music.

If you don't want to play viola [for whatever odd reason] next I would suggest cello.

Cellos and violas are pretty tight and violins are just kinda out there. xD

You won't regret playing viola! ;]

Why don't you play both? I play four instruments, it's not that hard to keep up with all of them. I would suggest sticking with piano, and also learning how to play the violin.

Why don't you play both? I play four instruments, it's not that hard to keep up with all of them. I would suggest sticking with piano, and also learning how to play the violin.
I can see if it's a money issue that you wouldn't play both, but actualy viola HELPED me with piano. [The reason it helped is that I hate practicing and when I just played piano alone I would just complain. But, when I had to practice viola I could take all my hatred on practicing to viola practicing and now I enjoy piano! xD]

Piano DID help with viola- I am far above the group that I play with becuase I knew sharps, flats, key signatures, ect., ect.

Playing both is not hard- if anything it helps you. ;]

I think you should have a go at it!

But maybe just go over your friends house and have a small lesson with her just to make sure you like it.

Because you don't want to quit piano if you don't like the violin!

Because by the sounds of it, you are a very good at playing the piano. :D

~Mango

I play piano and I don't really like it.

But it comes in handy sometimes.

Violin seems harder. x_x

I would just do the one I'd think was more fun.

Matchy :p

I think that you should do what you think is right! My father is a band director and I have first time experience with many insrutments. I also play the piano because my mom is a piano teacher and I tought myself to play the recorder by ear. I really like people who play the violin because people who can play are very hard to come by adn the music from it is soooo beautiful! In all my life, I have only met two people who can play the violin well. (my father and a certain boy who was about 10 yrs. old) The thing is, is that once you learn the notes from playing the piano than you can read any music. That helps you learn a lot faster!

Good Luck!

[SIZE=14pt]I really think you should play the violin! i play the violin and it is an excellent instrument to play! if you read my profile and look at my interests, you will see that i have mentioned the violin! hope i helped! bye! [/SIZE]

*Mimitchi -lover_75239*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back