Do you like Jacqueline Wilson?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.::Snowy::.

Reaction score
I like the author Jacqueline Wilson, do you?

I own nearly all of her books but my favourite is Best Friends.

Does anyone know when her next book is going to be published?

I LOVE HER!!

She PWNS :huh:

I have 'Diamond girls', 'Double Act', 'Clean Break, and the 'Girls in love' series :huh:

I also love her book 'Secrets' and I want to buy some of her other books too.

I've ordered Jacky Daydream and Starring Tracy Beaker off Amazon.com! They should be here by the end of the week.

I like The Dare Game by Jacqueline Wilson, it's funny!

I don't like her writing (sorry) :)

It just gets to me that so many of her characters / hero(ines) have broken families or dysfunctional lives... I know it's great to reassure lots of ppl that it is OK if you don't have a stable family life and two parents who live with you and love you ... but with J. Wilson it seems to be an obsession that implies there are a lot more "unstable" families than "stable" one.

I also get fed up that she doesn't use much interesting vocabulary in her books.

I prefer something like A Series of Unfortunate Events - at least you get to learn new words and what they mean while you are reading about the adventures of (yes, you guess it..) an "unstable" family of orphans and a cruel uncle :lol:

I don't like her writing (sorry) :blink:
It just gets to me that so many of her characters / hero(ines) have broken families or dysfunctional lives... I know it's great to reassure lots of ppl that it is OK if you don't have a stable family life and two parents who live with you and love you ... but with J. Wilson it seems to be an obsession that implies there are a lot more "unstable" families than "stable" one.

I also get fed up that she doesn't use much interesting vocabulary in her books.

I prefer something like A Series of Unfortunate Events - at least you get to learn new words and what they mean while you are reading about the adventures of (yes, you guess it..) an "unstable" family of orphans and a cruel uncle :lol:
Now that you mention it....that's true.

(In all the books I've read.)

The Cat Mummy, the main character doesn't have a mum and in Diamond Girls, all the girls don't live with their dads...hmm...strange. I have the first A Series of Unfortunate Events book. I agree Tama Mum, the series is very educational and informative. I got a lot out of just the first book. <_<

My mom actually knows her. Though I barely get to see her because she is usually other places. Her books are Good. Just don't read them a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to absoluty love them xD.

I still do but I don't read them anymore.. o.o

The first one I read was I think The Cat Mummy.

Its really sad, but its probabaly one of my favourite books.

The latest one I read was something like Moonlight or Midnight or something?

I can't remeber what it was called.. >__>

~Mango

....The latest one I read was something like Moonlight or Midnight or something?I can't remeber what it was called.. >__>

~Mango
It's called Midnight. =]

^ Thought so! xD!

Have you read it?

I remeber reading the blurb at the back and the book didn't turn out anything like it.. o.o

I can't really remeber it though..

~Mango

Yes, I own it.

I have it in hardback. =]

It was way different than what I expected but still good.

Have you read Love Lessons?

I LOVE HER!! She PWNS :)

I have 'Diamond girls', 'Double Act', 'Clean Break, and the 'Girls in love' series :)

I also love her book 'Secrets' and I want to buy some of her other books too.
I have millions! I have the mum minder, Lottie Project, Clean break, Candy Floss, Suitcase kid, Tracy beaker and Girls in love.

-RS

I really like the new Tracy Beaker book, Starring Tracy Beaker. It's so funny. =] =]

I also got Jacky Daydream delivered to me yesterday, it is so good! I can't wait to re-read it. She really loves dolls!

No but I have 2 books by her.
One is called The Cat Mummy and it's a pretty good book. I also have The Diamond Girls. Has anyone read it? It's REALLY good!
hey ive read the cat mummy in fact ive got it!and it is really really sad when that girlloses her cat mabel even though i am more of a dog person.and my fave book by her is double act and the sad part is when garnet was at marnock heights without her twin ruby.i nearly cried

Yes, the Cat Mummy is rather sad. But Verity gets a new kitten at the end called Baby. I like the illustrations on the first page of everyone's pets.

And in Double Act Ruby makes up with Garnet just before she leaves so that works out

well.

I love the new book Jacky Daydream by Jacqueline Wilson. It's her autobiography of her childhood.

Back