oliver twist

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamasrthebest

Reaction score
anyone ever read Oliver Twist? ( im reading it for AR 33 points and 11th grade level im in 6th grade)anyways it's a pretty good book its kinda sad though " THE BOY SHALL BE HUNG!!" O_O he asked for more WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM???lol

Yes I have.

Arghhh... and I hated having to read it :D

I just don't get along with Dickens' verbose and prosy style of writing... goodness knows I've tried ... Pickwick Papers, Little Dorrit (*shudders*) and so on... :)

If you like Oliver Twist - you would probably like Jane Austin ("Emma" is funny) and Wilkie Collins ("The Moonstone" or "The Woman in White") - these novels are much more engaging (IMHO) :)

Yes I have.
Arghhh... and I hated having to read it :D

I just don't get along with Dickens' verbose and prosy style of writing... goodness knows I've tried ... Pickwick Papers, Little Dorrit (*shudders*) and so on... :)

If you like Oliver Twist - you would probably like Jane Austin ("Emma" is funny) and Wilkie Collins ("The Moonstone" or "The Woman in White") - these novels are much more engaging (IMHO) :D
o_O

Jane Austin... (aaah!) I remember reading Sense and Sensibility (like Oliver Twist, we had to read it). It was absolutely awful ploughing through it, I never thought I'd end it.

Anyway, I finally finished it, so I had to read "This Rough Magic". That book was a lot more enjoyable and easier to read, and in one afternoon it was done. Then we came to Oliver Twist. In comparison to SS, I think its quite easy to read, just quite long. :)

SPeaking of the Woman in White... that is the next book on the 8th grade reading list. >.<

Yes, I read it in fourth grade because our school was doing a play on it. We didn't have to read it (I actually wasn't even in the play), I just chose to. It was a very good book!

Latest posts

Back