Who here plaYS CLASSICAL music on the piano?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mametchi101

Reaction score
I have been playing for for years. Right now I play a Sonata by Haydn!And a invention by Bach. If anybody is familiar with tbhese composers and pieces, PM me!

I think this is quite appropriate to stay in "Stuff We Play". Plus there's another topic in this forum about who plays instruments. Those aren't games. :eek:

Anyway, I've been playing violin since the 3rd grade. I took piano lessons for 2 years but stopped after that. I'm currently in college, and I'm in the orchestra (yup, still playing violin!) We went to New York City last year and played at Carnegie Hall.

Of course I love classical music! When I did play piano, my teacher started me out on Clementi sonatinas. I've played some Bach on the piano, as well, among other intermediate compositions by other composers. ^_^

I think this is quite appropriate to stay in "Stuff We Play". Plus there's another topic in this forum about who plays instruments. Those aren't games. ;)

Anyway, I've been playing violin since the 3rd grade. I took piano lessons for 2 years but stopped after that. I'm currently in college, and I'm in the orchestra (yup, still playing violin!) We went to New York City last year and played at Carnegie Hall.

Of course I love classical music! When I did play piano, my teacher started me out on Clementi sonatinas. I've played some Bach on the piano, as well, among other intermediate compositions by other composers. :)
WOW! Carnegie Hall?!? I play the violin too! Sadly, our teacher uses the SUZUKI method. i hate it o__O

I think this is quite appropriate to stay in "Stuff We Play". Plus there's another topic in this forum about who plays instruments. Those aren't games. ;)

Of course I love classical music! When I did play piano, my teacher started me out on Clementi sonatinas. I've played some Bach on the piano, as well, among other intermediate compositions by other composers. :)
Two kids from my local highschool went to play at Carnegie Hall recently for piano. Everyone here was quite excited about it.

WOW! Carnegie Hall?!? I play the violin too! Sadly, our teacher uses the SUZUKI method. i hate it o__O
Yes, it's so beautiful! And I love walking around NYC -- so many stores!! :)

Anyway, I only started learning violin in public school -- didn't have a private teacher until college -- so I "grew up" on the "All For Strings" book/method, which was the book I later used when I taught beginning and intermediate private lessons.

But to keep this thread on topic... I signed up for piano lessons here at the university a year ago, and I was so depressed that I had regressed so much! I took piano lessons from 8th to 10th grade and got up to a decent level, but then last year when I found my old piano books, I couldn't play the Clementi sonatinas (well) anymore. ;)

People on the piano are so wonderful. There are so many wonderful piano students at my school, some of them are like celebrities... especially when they win the annual concerto competition. ;)

Can a guide move this? This is for GAMES we play, not songs.
To me, playing instruments is a game! A game more pleasant than any videogame!

I love piano!

My favorite song, is Fur Elise. I personally think that Beethoven is the best piano composer (like, he is the only one xDD)

I love piano!
My favorite song, is Fur Elise. I personally think that Beethoven is the best piano composer (like, he is the only one xDD)
I dare to argue. B)

Chopin was a famous piano composer; most of his compositions are for piano, and they're absolutely brilliant! I especially love his "Fantasie Impromptu" -- you should listen if you can! :eek:

Although, I won't argue that Beethoven is an amazing composer in general -- his symphonies are awesome. Our orchestra played the 5th on our Florida tour this past January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back