Hoshi De Hakken Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarOmnimon

Reaction score
I thought I would write up a review of this rare gem, as it is an extremely cute game for Tama fans. This was released during the P1/P2/Angelgotchi era, so the entire cast from all three of those are in the game, with P1 and P2's characters being raisable.

The game starts with Mikachu outside of Professor Banzo's spaceship. You don't start with any eggs like in the Game Boy game. You have to breed a boy and a girl for the eggs.

To lure the Tamas to go back to the spaceship with you, you can do one of four things...

-Blow kisses.

-Sing to them.

-Dance for them.

-Do a magic trick.

Each character is sensitive to one of these four actions. If you pick the correct action, you can bring them back to the ship and begin raising them. Gameplay is exactly the same as the P1 and P2, with the happy meter games from the P1 and P2 both present. The only additions are the TMP% meter from the Osutchi and Mesutchi and the option to breed male and female Tamas together in an attempt to get an egg. There is also a carnival to bring your Tamas to, where you can build up their knowledge and power for the competitions.

The competitions work similar to the Game Boy game. There are four competitions - Beauty, Standard Race, Relay Race, and Flag. During the races, you are able to cheer for your Tama and their relay teammate. You can also compete with a friend's raised Tama in multiplayer contests.

There are a whole bunch of characters not obtainable on any of the actual pets in the game, which in my opinion is the game's biggest appeal. Here are some of the characters that appear...

Sphinxtchi That's my current avatar. Basically, it's a Tama style sphinx, with the mouth of a Tarakotchi.

Popcorntchi A blue pan with eyes and a mouth, and popcorn on it. When it's happy or upset, popcorn kernels go flying everywhere.

Jeweltchi A red diamond ring with a gold necklace, eyes, and a mouth. Easily one of my favorite characters in the game.

Another thing that should be mentioned, some characters are obtainable only during the day or only at night. There are two spots of notice that don't have anyone around during the day, but at night you'll find an Angelgotchi character hanging around! Those would be a hot spring in the middle of the polar region and the city fountain.

If anyone wants me to do so, I can take some snaps of the game, and maybe post a video or two on Youtube. I've been playing the game a lot since my copy came in, and I don't mind getting videos, photos, and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back