When you listen to a song, is it for lyrics, or

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acid~Rain

Reaction score
The Title Says/Asks it all. XD, Do you listen to music generally for the Lyrics,or for the beat of the Song.

I sometimes listen to songs for Lyrics (like songs with meaning to their lyrics)

Except if its a Rap song,pretty much all they Talk about is Getting High and junk. >.< I just listen to Rap songs cause i like the Beat.

Both, that's why I can't stand rap. But lyrics are big for things like parodies, take Weird Al for example.
Yea, for parodies yea, The only Parodies i dont like of Weird Al is the Parodies he does of Britney Spears songs, (if you heard them, you'd know what im talking about)

I like Rap, just not the Lyrics.

one thing i cant figure out is in Rap songs, they call girls "Shorty" o_O

Lyrics

If a song has good lyrics, then I listen to it, even though it might have a horrible tune. If the tune is that bad, then I might not listen to it. Anyways, all the music I listen to has good lyrics and tunes.

I won't judge a song just by it's tune.

Mostly the tune. Most of the songs I listen to make absolutely no sense, but they sound wonderful. The lyrics do help me keep the song in my head, and to keep humming it right without missing something. For me, no matter how good the lyrics are, I won't listen to it if it sounds horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what kind of music I'm listening to. Obviously if it's techno I listen for the beats, but with rock and metal I usually pay more attention to the lyrics.

I don't listen for anything with rap because I can't stand any part of it xP

It depends on what kind of music I'm listening to. Obviously if it's techno I listen for the beats, but with rock and metal I usually pay more attention to the lyrics.I don't listen for anything with rap because I can't stand any part of it xP
Yeah that I agree. Although lyrics are very important in parodies of songs. I mean they have to be making fun of the song in a way and still being funny.

Lyrics most definently.

If the song has a bad meaning, why would I want to put that trash in my head even if it has to best rythem ever?

Lyrics most definently.
If the song has a bad meaning, why would I want to put that trash in my head even if it has to best rythem ever?
I guess you're right. That's why I don't sing a song around anyone unless I can understand what the people in the song are saying, but I usually can't. That's probably why I like the tune better, I can hardly ever understand the words.

The tune, I like rock music. Unless it has bad lyrics or something, I like any sort of rock or metal. Yay.

ID HAVE TO SAY BOTH BECAUSE SOME OF YOU SAID THAT YOU LISTEN TO RAP ONLY FOR THE BEAT BECAUSE YOU DONT GET THE WORDS OR DONT LIKE THE WORDS,I ALSO SOMETIMES ONLY LISTEN TO RAP BECAUSE OF THEIR BEAT BECAUSE I AGIAN THINK SOMETIMES THEIR WORDS ARE USELESS OR UNNESSECARY BUT STILL LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE BEAT. LIKE FOR EXAMPLE SEAN PAUL ALL HE TALKS ABOUT ARE GIRLS IT SEEMS LIKE, BUT I STILL HAVE HIM ON MY IPOD BECAUSE I LIKE THE BEATS TO HIS SONGS. BUT SOMETIMES RAP SONGS DO HAVE MESSAGES OR MEANINGS LIKE THE SONG "RUNAWAY LOVE"BY LUDACRIS AND MARY J. BLIDGE THATS WHY I HAVE THAT ON MY IPOD.BUT THATS THATS THE ONLY REASON I SAY BOTH 'CAUSE SOME HAVE MEANINGS AND SOME ARE USELESS!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back