• Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:53 PM ( #52 )

Here is the V2 Commercial (Pukes)

MT34,

DDDTrooper

• dddtrooper user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:50 AM ( #53 )

Exactly! Whenewer I go to target or somewhere, They are always in the girl isle!

knightrider

Now that I hate. I feel weird when I go to buy a Tamagotchi and their next to the Barbie dolls and Bratz. :D Why can't they just put them with the electronics?

-DDDTrooper ^_^

qwerty123

• qwerty123 user photo

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:15 AM ( #54 )

Now that I hate. I feel weird when I go to buy a Tamagotchi and their next to the Barbie dolls and Bratz. :( Why can't they just put them with the electronics?

-DDDTrooper :P

I sooo agree. Tamagotchis are 3 times more electronic than girly. *rubs neck*
Yet still, they have a *few* boy patterns, but I notice that they're always the last ones to get taken. :D

*I'n the ONLY girl that looks for the col boyish designs*

_Flame_

• flame user photo

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:54 PM ( #55 )

I know lots of boys that have Tamagotchis! They're all... 7-10...
I think its perfecly normal for a teenager to have tamas.
Sometimes I feel weird because I have 5 Tamagotchis and some people have none... But thats not the point of this topic so...
Yeah.

-_FLame_

PS, qwerty123! your not the only girl who likes the boyish designs! I do 2. I am in love with the black flame V4.5... *drools* and I have the grey graffiti V3 and Snake Skin V3. I wanted the Black V4 with Lightning but it wasn't in stock so I got the sunflower one... but I love it anyway...

TroubledPanda

• troubledpanda user photo

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:53 AM ( #56 )

These days, I think Tamagotchi are seen as a children's toy. I've seen 10 year old kids hwo love them for a little bit, and hten they move on to the next big thing... I personally love them, and I have since the originals have released. I think Bandai has realized that the sell well with younger kids, and that's the road they've taken to get more of a profit. All of the commercials and websites are geared toward 10-year old girls... Flowers, friendly designs and colors are splettered everywhere. I wish Bandai would recognize them as a virtual pet and not just a little toy. It makes the actual fans look insane.... I still get a hard time when I'm purchasing a new one at the store.... Your too old for that!!! Don't waste yur money!!!!! But, I'll keep buying them!

mametchi000

• mametchi000 user photo

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:36 PM ( #57 )

I have made this point before. Bandi did create a target, but the target of preteen girls became more pronounced (Like someone on this thread said) after the results of who bought the toys. But it makes sense. Girls with the maternal instinct would want to have a cute little carry around pet more than a boy. Boys can have tamas. I support it. No one say Im ageinst boy tama caregivers cuz im not. Im just saying that the increase in girly products makes sense and why tamas are popular with girls makes sense.

PockyGirl

• pockygirl user photo

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:07 AM ( #58 )

These days, I think Tamagotchi are seen as a children's toy. I've seen 10 year old kids hwo love them for a little bit, and hten they move on to the next big thing... I personally love them, and I have since the originals have released. I think Bandai has realized that the sell well with younger kids, and that's the road they've taken to get more of a profit. All of the commercials and websites are geared toward 10-year old girls... Flowers, friendly designs and colors are splettered everywhere. I wish Bandai would recognize them as a virtual pet and not just a little toy. It makes the actual fans look insane.... I still get a hard time when I'm purchasing a new one at the store.... Your too old for that!!! Don't waste yur money!!!!! But, I'll keep buying them!

I know that feeling all to well. I also have been a Tamagotchi fan since 96/97. I get that, "Aren't you to old for those" line all the time. Alot of my coworkers have come up with names for me. D; Tamagotchi girl and crazy Lisa with her babies. Whats the matter with older people liking Tamagotchi? Even though Bandai is aiming Tamagotchi to kids I the same as you, will keep purcasing Tamagotchi to the day I die.

TamaTae

• tamatae user photo

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:49 AM ( #59 )

Wow. Wow is all I can say. Its sad how many great things go to the girls. My first design was Bleu-camoflauge v3, I do think they are aming more towards Girls rather boys. Though I do know bout 15 bys that HAVE tamagotchis, I just dont know if they use them, of all of thouse boys an dmore girls I am the only person that hasent lost a Tamagotchi, or blown it up for that matter *Glares a Brendan* But anyway, Bandai needs t rethink their actoins other wise they are going to be going down in Profit, and fast.

I will write to Bandai later, PM me to eep in touch about me writing them. If I am lucky they will have an e-mail address and I wont have to waste a stamp on someone who wont reply.

Well. I guess I made my point. I am now off to see if Brendan has succeded in blowing up another tamagocthi yet.

TamaTae

ColonelJ

• colonelj user photo

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:39 AM ( #60 )

I do agree with the whole "girls only" thing. The V2 commercial sort of made me a little angry. :lol: I can see how younger boys could be easily driven away from Tamagotchis.

I do, however, like the fact that Bandai has tried to nip this in the bud by showing boys in the commercials and making more "boyish" designs. That's another thing: why do people always assume girls like frills, lace, and pastel colors, and that boys like sports, blue stuff, and bugs?

I like lace and bugs...

Edited by ColonelJ, 19 July 2007 - 11:45 AM.

PockyGirl

• pockygirl user photo

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:04 PM ( #61 )

why do people always assume girls like frills, lace, and pastel colors, and that boys like sports, blue stuff, and bugs?

Because of a stupid mold Society tries to conform us to. You know what screw the mold, don't conform to it. We are all different and have our own quirkes that make us Unique from one another.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:52 AM ( #62 )

A long time ago there was a Target toy catalogue divided into sections like "boys' toys" and "girls' toys" and Tamagotchi v5 was under the boys' section.
However, when Tama-Gos were at Toys R Us the Tamagotchis were under the girls' section and it said they were for ages 5-7.
I'm a 13-year-old girl and I personally think Tamagotchis are for 6-12 year-old boys AND girls. :chohimetchi: :newmametchi: