Have you read...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinderpelt

Reaction score
A Child Called It is a true story of severe child abuse. The book is graphic and directed more towards adults, but I read it anyway. It is extremely sad; I read it over a year ago and I still think about it a lot and cry about it. Has anyone else read it? If you have, what was your reaction to the book? BTW, the author is David Pelzer, the victim. There are two sequals, The Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave. I read The Lost Boy, but not the last one.

Cinderpelt♥

I read a 'A Child Called It' and the sequel 'A Lost Boy'. They were really sad, and they weren't for the faint-hearted. I really enjoyed them though, because i am known for liking sad books. :eek:

I read a 'A Child Called It' and the sequel 'A Lost Boy'. They were really sad, and they weren't for the faint-hearted. I really enjoyed them though, because i am known for liking sad books. :eek:
Exactly like me!!!

I read half of it when I was 11. Though I finished the rest of it this year. I was really sad when I read the book, that this does happen in families. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friends said that the kid's mom makes him eat a dirty daiper o_O Is that true? I don't find that funny at all in anyway :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I really, really REALLY don't want to read the book or know what happens in it because I am not saying it's a bad book but I'm saying what the person does to the author is really sick and twisted. I hate books like that because they make me cry at every word and soon, the book is a soggy mess.

Hmm. I haven't read that book before. But knowing you, Cinderpelt, it has to be intresting. After all, you and me both like warriors, so I think I'll look this one up and try it. :p

One of my friends said that the kid's mom makes him eat a dirty daiper o_O Is that true? I don't find that funny at all in anyway :p
The mother trys to make the author eat the diaper while his brothers and dad were away. He kept eating up time untill the rest of his family got home so his mom would have to stop (at first, she didn't do it around the rest of the family). Later on, she does make him eat his own throw-up. :p :(

Cinderpelt♥

Back