Watership Down

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippy~Tama

Reaction score
I'm now reading Watership Down, by Richard Adams, for the second time. I love that book! It's also quite sad, once you get near the ending.. (But I'm not going to be a spoiler for the people who haven't read it yet. B) )

So, have you read it? Did you like it? What did you think about it? Please vote, and post your other thoughts, because I was curious. I think it's an interesting book. The descriptions can sometimes get [extremely] boring, but otherwise it's a wonderful book. :D What do you say?

My mom wants me to read it and i want to. I always forget to get get it when i go to the library though.

It's an interesting book.. The rabbits even have their own language, in a way. Just certain words, though, in rabbit terms. Like "Silflay" means feed above ground, etc.. I find that one of the best parts! I've also got "Tales from Watership Down". The entire book is just stories of things the rabbits did. I haven't started it yet, But I plan to. :furawatchi:

No, I never heard of it. Maybe I will if it's that good.

I don't read for fun much, anyway. I usually read books to get reading points for school.

-Matchy

Well, my mum told me about it because when I was talking to her about the Warriors series she said that Watership Down reminded her of it, expect their Rabbits, not Cats xD.

I got the book out.. I never got around to reading it though.. x__x

I might rent the movie out instead.

I'm not into reading that much, only the Warriors Series (<333333 Tama_chi told me about them :]) and Manga xD.

~Mango

I read Watership Down a long time ago and I thought it was pretty impressive - except, you are right - some of the text can get very "verbose" :D

It's worth sitting down to read it tho' and the summer is the right time of year ^_^

Yeah, I've rented Watership Down and Tales from Watership Down from our public library. ♥♥ ;)

I haven't read it, but i may because my mom is going to read it lol. I will ask her if it is good.

I haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie many-a-times. >_>

:) I've just watched the movie. Havent got the book.

I started to get all sad and watery-eyed at the end.

I'm going to go get the book.

Perfect time of the year to read it. :D

Latest posts

Back