Anime

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat_gal_101

Reaction score
What is so great about anime that makes every other person on TT obsessed with it? It's pretty much retarded cartoons fighting for no reason :D Sorry if this becomes a flame, but I find Anime is messed up and there's nothing special about it to make people annoy me with it all the time >.<'

The Japanese cartoons are not all fighting. I know sometimes it seems that way but it's not really the case.

That's what I thought Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z was about until I actually started to watch it. There is the gateway drug to all anime right there. :D

The story lines in Anime are usually so rich and wonderfully interesting, it is that that draws us in!

There are a few Animes that I did not want to bother to start watching but I went back and saw episode #1 and where the story begins and it's like WOW! Me want more! I bet you can't stop with just the first 2 episodes of Death note! Just try!

Watch the first episode or two of Fruits Baskets or Death Note or Evangelion or Dragon ball or any Anime.

The storys are so great, way better than your average US cartoon. The storys continue on and on. It's like cartoon soap operas. :D Well, that is just one way to put it but that is the bottom line, it's the amazing stories behind the long running cartoons that make them so good.

Not all animes are just fighting, you know >.< Some animes are comedy. Furuba (Fruits Basket) has no fighting in it, and its an anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all animes are just fighting, you know >.< Some animes are comedy. Furuba (Fruits Basket) has no fighting in it, and its an anime.
Actually Fruits Basket does have fighting, it's just not that much fighting.

I find that ALOT of them are fighting. I watched about two Animes, and I though I was going to die of boredom O.O
well mabe you just need to find a gerne (SP?) that you like.

mabe action anime arent your thing.

mabe you should try some other anime.

I can name a ton of anime that dont have voilence in it.

You don't have to like Anime..

And you should respect other people interests, even if you don't like what their into. Also, you don't have to reply to all the anime threads anyway.

~Mango

(Deja vu, man. I've already seen this happen once, and I know exactly how to react.)

Oh, YEAH?

What's so good about Scrubs? Everywhere I go, it's Scrubs this, Scrubs that! Bah! It's so dumb and I'm going to be a closed minded idiot who can't handle other people's tastes! Obviously it's NOT because it's actually good, it's because everyone else has bad taste but not ME! And now I'm going to make a thread about it because I know that everyone loves it and I'm a closed minded idiot! And of course I know I'm going to be flamed, I'm too lazy to word my post in an intellegent way! Blah blah blah useless generalizations blah blah. In fact, it's not just scrubs! It's ALL MEDICAL SHOWS! THEY ALL STINK!! I hate them all and nobody should like them because my taste is LAW! House is so dumb it's all the same and the guy is so lame he can't even walk wtf.

</sarcasm>

That's what you just did. Okay? I figured that saying this any other way wouldn't be nearly as effective. I like house, I like scrubs, so there's no reason to call me unfair.

It suddenly became cool to bash anime, because it's too popular. People can't find anything wrong with it so they have to use useless generalizations. I've decided that people simply are not able to compose a good argument for the case- thus being that there is really nothing wrong with anime or that the people who dislike it are poor debaters.

Death note has a better plot line then house does. (Yes, it does. No argument. House has a bad plot line and you are in denial.) Other shows are not nessesarily better then anime. And you are going to be all closed minded and not watch something because it IS anime? Seems like the fault is more your own then anime's.

And seriously, TWO animes? That's like saying, "I picked out two lollypops from a range of 9000 flavors and they tasted bad. Obviously all lollypops taste bad."

Why do you think that way? Not all are like that you know. Even so, I am more addicted to fighting anime and some romance anime while some are addicted to mystery anime.

Not all are the same. If you don't like anime, that is your opinion. Evryone has they're own tastes, but to bash anime like that, you must be nuts. Alot and I mean ALOT of people love it.

//xd3vilx

(Deja vu, man. I've already seen this happen once, and I know exactly how to react.)
Oh, YEAH?

What's so good about Scrubs? Everywhere I go, it's Scrubs this, Scrubs that! Bah! It's so dumb and I'm going to be a closed minded idiot who can't handle other people's tastes! Obviously it's NOT because it's actually good, it's because everyone else has bad taste but not ME! And now I'm going to make a thread about it because I know that everyone loves it and I'm a closed minded idiot! And of course I know I'm going to be flamed, I'm too lazy to word my post in an intellegent way! Blah blah blah useless generalizations blah blah. In fact, it's not just scrubs! It's ALL MEDICAL SHOWS! THEY ALL STINK!! I hate them all and nobody should like them because my taste is LAW! House is so dumb it's all the same and the guy is so lame he can't even walk wtf.

</sarcasm>

That's what you just did. Okay? I figured that saying this any other way wouldn't be nearly as effective. I like house, I like scrubs, so there's no reason to call me unfair.

It suddenly became cool to bash anime, because it's too popular. People can't find anything wrong with it so they have to use useless generalizations. I've decided that people simply are not able to compose a good argument for the case- thus being that there is really nothing wrong with anime or that the people who dislike it are poor debaters.

Death note has a better plot line then house does. (Yes, it does. No argument. House has a bad plot line and you are in denial.) Other shows are not nessesarily better then anime. And you are going to be all closed minded and not watch something because it IS anime? Seems like the fault is more your own then anime's.

And seriously, TWO animes? That's like saying, "I picked out two lollypops from a range of 9000 flavors and they tasted bad. Obviously all lollypops taste bad."
Well sorry if I'm being a closed-minded idiot and just posting my opinion! I doubt an anime has better plot lines than House. House is probably like Fox's hit show, when have you seen an Anime a hit show? <sarcasm>Again, sorry for being a huge retard with a closed, idiotic mind!</sarcasm>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-CQap7pPo

EDIT: Someone may as well report this, becasue SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE MY OPINION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you could atleast try watching some anime other then the 2 you seen.

we can handle your opinion, you could have atleast put it in a nicer way.

Woah. Seriously, you should chill. Nobody's going to eat your dog. But I got your attention, didn't I?

You knew you were going to get bitten for this, you even said so. It seems that you're the one who can't handle other peoples' oppinions, I'm afraid. Using the "IT'S JUST MY OPPINION SO YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH ME" line seems to be a fairly bad excuse, in my oppinion. But oppinions can be wrong. If I said that I thought all black people were stupid and incapable of living, I would be DEAD. WRONG. But it would be my oppinion, dur hur!

House isn't anime, so it's obviously better? Now this seems quite a bit close minded. Just because something is popular doesn't make it above everything. (And DN is quite teh popular as well, so don't try to tell me that house has a bigger fanbase.) House may be a good show, but it has horrible predictable plotlines.

If you haven't seen an anime be a hit show, you aren't looking very hard. Why do you think you hate it so much? Oh, thats right, because it's popular.

Naruto. Bleach. Inuyasha. There you go, three hit series. I could tick off more easily.

(Also, it is not smart to use a meme I obviously induced on the situation.)

(Alsoalso: Anime is an art style. People always say that anime isn't art and ___ style is wai bettah then anime. That's why this type of thread ticks me off greatly, in case you were wondering where my fuel came from.)

Anime is just as Addicting as crack!

Not all Anime is fighting, like erm......Chobits or Wedding Peach (Mild Fighting) You just have to give some other Anime's a try

But yes, some Anime's on Toonami are kinda whack o.o

Woah. Seriously, you should chill. Nobody's going to eat your dog. But I got your attention, didn't I?
You knew you were going to get bitten for this, you even said so. It seems that you're the one who can't handle other peoples' oppinions, I'm afraid. Using the "IT'S JUST MY OPPINION SO YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH ME" line seems to be a fairly bad excuse, in my oppinion. But oppinions can be wrong. If I said that I thought all black people were stupid and incapable of living, I would be DEAD. WRONG. But it would be my oppinion, dur hur!

House isn't anime, so it's obviously better? Now this seems quite a bit close minded. Just because something is popular doesn't make it above everything. (And DN is quite teh popular as well, so don't try to tell me that house has a bigger fanbase.) House may be a good show, but it has horrible predictable plotlines.

If you haven't seen an anime be a hit show, you aren't looking very hard. Why do you think you hate it so much? Oh, thats right, because it's popular.

Naruto. Bleach. Inuyasha. There you go, three hit series. I could tick off more easily.

(Also, it is not smart to use a meme I obviously induced on the situation.)

(Alsoalso: Anime is an art style. People always say that anime isn't art and ___ style is wai bettah then anime. That's why this type of thread ticks me off greatly, in case you were wondering where my fuel came from.)
Haha I was just gonna say the same thing!

I would totally agree with you.

I think she should atleast try some of the less popular anime.

Anime is just as Addicting as crack!
Not all Anime is fighting, like erm......Chobits or Wedding Peach (Mild Fighting) You just have to give some other Anime's a try

But yes, some Anime's on Toonami are kinda whack o.o
Chobits is the BEST! ^^

Yay. xD

AND LOL AT PYONCHIT!

They never use any good animes on Toonami.. x__x

They used to have some good ones, but ehh. >> They got rid of them. =[

Cardcaptors was on there at one stage, right?

I love Cardcaptors. xD

~Mango

Well sorry if I'm being a closed-minded idiot and just posting my opinion! I doubt an anime has better plot lines than House. House is probably like Fox's hit show, when have you seen an Anime a hit show? <sarcasm>Again, sorry for being a huge retard with a closed, idiotic mind!</sarcasm>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-CQap7pPo

EDIT: Someone may as well report this, becasue SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE MY OPINION.
Well, no offence, but you are acting like a close-minded idiot.

Just because anime is popular, and you hate fighting animes, doesn't mean you have to down anime.

And actually, yes there IS an anime hit show, and its name is NARUTO. Have you heard of it? Apparently NOT.

And some anime DO have better plot lines than your precious House.

Just keep that in mind. :wacko:

//xd3vilx

It's generally a good thing to still be mindful of other people when posting your opinion. It's called respect. Just because it is your own precious opinion does not give you the right to voice it in a blatantly rude and confrontational way.

You don't like anime. You don't think that anime has good plotlines and feel it is inferior to a show like House. Fine, I think everyone has understood that.

You do not need to beat the dog dead - your glorious cause has been realized, you can stop it now. However, you seem to be unable to just let things go. The sooner you stop being on a defensive mode where you have to offend others, the better off everything will be. You can go on hating anime, and other people won't have to put up with your noisy protest.

People can handle your opinion, however, people cannot tolerate your bigot attitude when it is completely unnecessary.

Please, keep your opinion, but don't be outwardly rude about it. That's just not nice. :D

Food for thought. :D

Go for it, it's your topic.

I hope you understood my point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back