Considering 'Warriors'...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippy~Tama

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new book to read, and I've been hearing all these great things about Warriors, the book series. And I was wondering if you would suggest it, or would you suggest something else. So.. I'm open to any suggestions! :angry:

Well, I don't like them very much. The cat's names are really annoying, and the story just seems kind of 'stupid' (not trying to offend anyone.). I read the first two books. My friend who has read all of them says that the first three are kind of slow (she agrees the names are annoying too), but then they get 'addicting' later on. I don't know, I guess it depends on what your taste in books is.

I would reccomend Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series by whoever wrote Redwall (even if you don't like Redwall, you might like these. I don't like Redwall, but these are my favorite books.) It's about some kid who was a stowaway on the Flying Dutchman's ship and his dog, but when the ship get's turned into the Flying Dutchman, God decides that since the boy and his dog didn't do anything, they should just go around helping people all over the world. It's very interesting, and the first book is fantastic!

I would also reccomend The Keys to the Kingdom series. It's almost over, I think they just need two more books to come out.

Also, depending on your reading ability/maturity level, I would reccomend the Bryant and May series (I think that's what it's called.) I'm pretty sure their first book was the Water Room, but I'm not sure since I didn't read them in order. They're made for adults, but I found them very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warriors is the way to go, very suspenseful and wonderful books. End of story. XD

Oh, yeah, just so you know, since Fluffums brought it up.. When I was in the fourth and fifth grade, my reading level was up in the late middle school-early highschool level books. I read things like Watership Down, Inkheart/Inkspell... Larger chapter books like those. ;)

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into 'em, Fluffums, and I'll also be looking into Warriors.. :D But keep voting, and if you have any more suggestions, post em or PM em to me! Please and thanks.

Warriors is great! Yes, the names are a bit hard to remember, but I can remember them and I like them!

Any Way, they are very cool books... very exciting and interesting.

My reading level far surpasses most kids. Right now I’m at a 12th grade-college reading level (But you wouldn't know due to my spelling). Warriors was a book series I highly enjoyed reading, even if it was somewhat below (Okay, a lot) my reading level. If you want some great book titles, go for A Dogs Life, despite the name it’s very sad and intriguing. Also, I would recommend Shogun, my favorite book, and the Aunt Dimity series, which is a mystery.

Warriors. I highly recommend it. I enjoy it.

PS My user name is from warriors.

They're okay, I guess. I liked the first series, but I couldn't hold on to the second one. It's fine, I guess, but there are better things to read, right? There always is.

I don't care about reading level, or whatever.

I suggest you try reading "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. I honestly haven't read it (and I'm going to read it after I finish posting this) but my dad threw it at my head and told me to read it. Read it for Pyonchit's head! >:U

Read Animal Farm, The Giver, and 1984 if you haven't already. Reading level = unimportant, food for thought = yes.

There's this really good book called "Perfect" (and I forget the author) about a girl who is bullemic.

:X I hope you haven't read all of those already.

They're okay, I guess. I liked the first series, but I couldn't hold on to the second one. It's fine, I guess, but there are better things to read, right? There always is.
I don't care about reading level, or whatever.

I suggest you try reading "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. I honestly haven't read it (and I'm going to read it after I finish posting this) but my dad threw it at my head and told me to read it. Read it for Pyonchit's head! >:U

Read Animal Farm, The Giver, and 1984 if you haven't already. Reading level = unimportant, food for thought = yes.

There's this really good book called "Perfect" (and I forget the author) about a girl who is bullemic.

:X I hope you haven't read all of those already.
1984, Animal Farm, and the Giver are great! My favorite was 1984.

*Post Removed*

Please no advertising. You can only advertise inside of your signature and the appropriate profile field.

Latest posts

Back