Design your Tama-Skin!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahinva

Reaction score
Hey TamaTalkers!

You can now design a "Tama-Skin" your your v4 Tamagotchi. It may fit other Tamagotchi, but skin overlay is stated to be for V4.

You can redeem a code through a gift card to get your Tama-Skin for free. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about where the gift card comes from or how you can get one.

If you're interested in taking a look, here is the link:

https://www.mytego.com/Partners/Tamagotchi/en-ca/default.aspx

This was found through Bandai's official Tamagotchi website.

I wonder if this means they will make some plain-colored V4 / V4.5 Tamagotchis now. How good (or bad) would a skin look, on top of a Tamagotchi's existing pattern?

I wonder if this means they will make some plain-colored V4 / V4.5 Tamagotchis now. How good (or bad) would a skin look, on top of a Tamagotchi's existing pattern?
Hopefully it will look good.

Is this the decoration kit, or am I getting confused?

Binary:

I highly doubt that there will be any undecorated shells, either V4 or V4.5 because I think these skins will not be transluscent; there is a background color, even if it's just plain white. I think these skins are to customize your Tamagotchi because you do not like the pattern it has or want to try something different. I also do not know if they are removable or reusable, though I am sure the website goes into detail further on about that.

I do not know how good they'd look because I don't have a gift card or anything, and I think it's $10 for a skin (hopefully they mean $10 for front and back!) I am hoping that these skins would be contoured enough to the point where a person could remove any air pockets and be left with a smooth, skin. I do know from fooling around with the design tool that if you're going to be using custom images, you'll need to be careful since most of the Tamagotchi's front is the display screen which obviously won't be covered by the skin (or at least, it makes sense to me to not cover the display).

baybee-x:

This appears to be completely separate from the decoration kit we've been hearing about in the past. I hope this skin is not a limited time offer because Mytego.com seems to offer skins compatible with hundreds of products (from cell phones to iPods). I believe the kits we've been hearing about will be more along the lines of those "ketai" cell phone kits (stickers and gems to adorn a phone). For an example of what I'm thinking of, visit https://www.strapya.com/store.htm and look on the left side of the page. When you see the top 10 list, visit number 7 "Gem Stone Cell Phone Sticker."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tama-Skin's by My Tego are not the "Decoration Kit" from Bandai, My Tego is very well known for making skins for cell phones and other mobile devices. These skins simply go on your Tamagotchi like a sticker, they are some what durable. However they are not reusable so you will need to replace the skin if it falls/comes off. This also does not mean Bandai will make plain Tamagotchi's (such as the ones that come with stickers in V2), the skins are primarily for people who dont like their current design, or want to prevent their Tamagotchi from further damage. The skin will last for as long as a year with proper care, or as little as 6 months without care. The skins are waterproof because they are made of extremely durable, outdoor rated vinyl material, the skin is not paper thin or a thin film.

That's awesome!

If I make one it'll have Skillet on it. xD

Hey TamaTalkers!
You can now design a "Tama-Skin" your your v4 Tamagotchi. It may fit other Tamagotchi, but skin overlay is stated to be for V4.

You can redeem a code through a gift card to get your Tama-Skin for free. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about where the gift card comes from or how you can get one.

If you're interested in taking a look, here is the link:

https://www.mytego.com/Partners/Tamagotchi/en-ca/default.aspx

This was found through Bandai's official Tamagotchi website.
I checked that website, it is NOT free! Trust me! I checked! :D :mimitchi: :angry:

I checked that website, it is NOT free! Trust me! I checked! :D :mimitchi: :angry:
Mahinva stated you could get a promo code from somewhere for it to be free in her first post.

I went there just to see and made a front and back skin. The price for that front and back skin is the same price as a new tamagotchi.

I don't see the point in getting one.

I guess if I had the money to play with sure, It would be cool to have a Tamagotchi named after my website. ;) but eh.. Not especially worth it and I LOVE skinning my stuff! I sking my DS's my iPod. But skinning a Tamagotchi? Hmm...

Ultimately I don't see the point.

I read about a skin on a Tech website, and really, I'd buy one of those over the Tama Skin because it'd do a good job in actually protecting the full device, rather than just jazzing it up. I don't know if it'd fit newer tamagotchi because of the antennae. I'd link it but I don't know if some users would get offended by the product's name which sounds silly, yet is straight to the point. You've been warned!

Go to https://www.shinyshiny.tv/ and search for "skins" if you are interested. Right now, it should be the first link - look for /2007/06/ in the URL to make sure you're looking at what I'm referring to.

The Tama Skin is a great idea but I think there can be some improvements made. When someone does get their Tama Skin fitted, I'm sure we'd all be interested to see some photos and hear how well it works. :)

I entered all of my info - shipping and billing adress

I AM purchasing it.

I don't want a promo code but,

I have no idea how to get to the next page,

there isn't a button to lead you to the payment option thing...

:angry:

I really want one,

1. It has a picture of me on the back.

2. It has my first and last name on it.

3. It would be so cool to have, even if it sucks.

I mean it's 10 dollars - $13 with shipping and handleing

I JUST WANT MY SKIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back