Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDDTrooper

Reaction score
Eleven years ago in Japan, a woman named Aki Maita started a pop culture phenomenon with the idea of a virtual pet. She sold the idea to BanDai of Japan and the virtual pet craze was born. Tamagotchis flew off of the shelves for years until the fad died down and BanDai eventually stopped making Tamagotchis alltogether.

But, in 2004, the virtual pet craze was brought back to life with Tamagotchi Plus and Tamagotchi Connection/Connexion!

There's been Tamagotchi Plus, Ketai, Cho-Jinsei, Ura-Tama, and TamaSuku. Elsewhere in the world, there's been V1, V2, V3, V4, and V4.5. But, have you noticed that BanDai of Japan hasn't released a new Tamagotchi for this year? TamaSuku doesn't really count because you don't care for a Tama.

It just makes me wonder; how long will it last? Will there be a V5 or a V6 or V7? Will they keep making Tamagotchis? Or will they stop like back in the late '90s? I sure hope not, I hope Tamagotchis go on forever! :D What do you think?

-DDDTrooper

Well, I think they should keep going. They are doing a great job at tamagotchis. :) You just dont worry they will ever stop making them! ;)

Well I just wanted to add... weren't the v4 and v4.5 made just this year? :p I'm confused...

V4 and V4.5 were made this year, and many more versions will probably come after it. I just got to thinking the other day and wondered, how long do you think BanDai will go? I'm sure all of us fans hope Tamagotchi stays forever! :mellow:

-DDDTrooper

Anyway, it could be possible that Japan is working on another new Tamagotchi that will take longer to make, except they haven't told anyone about it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Tamagotchis, I would be devistated if they stopped making them. But there are still so many Tamagotcis that I don't have, so it would be like there's tons of new ones, even though they aren't really new.

C~M

But the V4 wasn't made this year.. wasn't it made in December 2006?
You're right. Actually they first came own in Spain (I think) because spiffy (TamaTalk Guide) lives there and got a V4 in October of 2006. Only V4.5 was made this year.

And Also V4's were released in the US in December because Bandai wanted to get them out to stores for the holidays. I got mine in December, right before Christmas.

C~M

Just in case Bandai never makes anymore Tamagotchi's... DON'T BREAK YOURS! :lol:
Don't worry, I won't! :D I keep all of my unactive Tamas in special cases so that they don't get beat or scratched up.

-DDDTrooper

But there are still so many Tamagotcis that I don't have, so it would be like there's tons of new ones, even though they aren't really new.
Same here.

There's a lot of Tamagotchis that I don't have yet, including:

Kakeibo

Another UraTama

x2 EnTama

x2 V4

Home Deka

Home Deka Game King

Tamagotchi School

Oden-Kun

KeiTai Akai

OsuMesu Pair

Angelgotch

Tamagotchi Mini

Yeah.. so I still have a long way to go.

-Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they keep going, but instead of a v5, I think they should remake some of the originals that made them cool in the first place! Like an Angelgotchi Connection, or remake some of the origal color shells from 1996!!!

What do you think? :blink:

I hope they keep going, but instead of a v5, I think they should remake some of the originals that made them cool in the first place! Like an Angelgotchi Connection, or remake some of the origal color shells from 1996!!!
What do you think? B)
That would be sweet. :angry: Connections are already like the originals, but it would be awesome if they made an Angelgotchi Connection (as long as it wasn't exceedingly "girly" like back in '98).

-DDDTrooper

I really hope that Bandai keep making the tamagotchis but they should make them almost completely different.

What do you think? :ichigotchi:
UraTama is a little like the '96-'97 tamagotchis.

C~M

I think Tamas should live on! But Bandai should stop making them too much like people. They should bring back the original fun loving pets~!

I'm sure BanDai will keep making new Tama versions for a while but they might stop making them for a while because they might not know any new features to put in a new one. Technology is increasing and BanDai has put many things into our Tamagotchis. How much more do you think they can add??? So that's why they might stop at some point. But I'm sure they'll go on for a really long time.

Yeah. I totally agree with GotchiGirl96. But I am sure that everyone on TamaTalk wants them to live! ^_^

Would it be possible for Bandai to make Tamagotchis up to V100 O_O? ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back