Tamagotchi Target Audience

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingFeathers

Reaction score
Whoo. I gotta get this off my chest... *Deep Breath* Here Goes!

Okay, so I just recieved 3 P1 Tamagotchis in the mail to add to my collection. My collection is fairly small, so I wanted to grow it some. When I took them out of the package they were so... so... great!

Back then, Tamaotchis were unisex. They were for everyone, not just 10-year-old girls. I still love the new ones, I just wish they weren't so girly and childish now.

I'm so tired of sneaking onto the Tamagotchi aisle at the store. What if someone I know sees me! Do you know how humiliating that would be?!?!? All my friends and family are constantly saying how I need to grow up. That's what Bandai has done! They have taken something as great as a Tamagotchi and mutilated it beyon repair. Just look at the website. Flowers, happy faces and eyes... Yes, I said eyes. Everything has eyes.

I just wish that Bandai would make Tamagotchis cool again. In the 90s they were for EVERYBODY!!!

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I just need to get that off my chest!

:) :blink:

P.S. Go to this page and tell me what you think. I have 3 words. Oh. My. Gosh. : (

Dont worry if anybody sees you! :D And, dont be mad, its just, maybe BanDai thinks that 10 year old boys will be interested in something else, and if the boys buy it, they'll smash them or something, no offense. ;) And older boys, 2 words. Video. Games. :)

But they've done everything they can for us to enjoy! We should be happy with our tamas! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I Recently Have bEEN Playin Wiv Mii Tamas . mii Family Noes I Use Them But Mii Frends Dnt . I No How Yuu Feel Coz I Dnt Want Mii Frends To No . An No Effence But Its All Like Flowers Hearts Girly Stuff . If There Not Girly They Have Mnaky Designs .

Hope I Helped .

Much Love .

x M e l i a x :eek:

I completely agree with you. They need a better website. Like a whole new makeover. I mean, how many little kids actually play with Tamagotchi? Not nearly as much as the number of teens! :p

I completely agree with you. They need a better website. Like a whole new makeover. I mean, how many little kids actually play with Tamagotchi? Not nearly as much as the number of teens! :p
TOTALLY! the website is soooo *kiddyish*.

Thanks for your support, everyone! I know I shouldn;t care what other people say, but it's easier said than done!!! My best friend is in high school now and she knows I like them, but she relaly doesn't care! She's cool like that!

I know I hsould be happy with our Tamas now, and I am!!! I'm absolutely in love with the 4.5 and I've even decided to start collections of the originals from '96!

And older boys, 2 words. Video. Games. :)
Well, I'm different from other "older" guys. Since I was 12 I've loved Tamagotchis. I do love video games (lol), but Tamagotchis are one of my favorite hobbies. I love caring for the little cyber critters and seeing what they turn into. Actually, I got most of my cousins and such into Tamas. There are lots of guys who like Tamas. B)

I'm homeschooled, so I don't have to worry about too many people making fun of me; other than maybe my cousins, but, we're pretty supportive of each other. Regardless, I'd be a Tamagotchi fan and caretaker wether I went to a public school or not. It's something I enjoy and I don't care what anybody says! :D

-DDDTrooper

Flying Feathers, you should really send a link to this topic to BanDai! Maybe they'll re-think their crumby marketing style. They'd sure get alot more customers, that's for sure. B)

Tamas are supposed to be cute, but STOP MARKETING TAMAGOTCHIS AS IF ONLY 8 YEAR OLD GIRLS LIKE THEM!!! :D Show teenagers (at least two of them guys) in the commercials instead of nine-year-olds... :)

-DDDTrooper

I don't care if people see me in the tamagotchi isle. The only thing i get tired of is I have to dig through girly designs to find one i like. I found a flame V4.5, but my Dad wouldn't buy it for me//

I think Tamagotchi's are the best. My cuzins friend had a Tamamgotchi, but now she thinks it's lame. I am about to get a v4, and im 11, so if ur 10, it doesn't really matter. :) Hope i helped. You should like Tamagotchi's no mattter what anyone says. :D

im 18 years old and luckily. my clasm8s dont bother me having one. haha..

my girlfriend gave me one. haha.. we are treating it like our own baby.

but then. tamatown is a different issue. it really is for children.

I wish Bandai wouldn't target Tamagotchis at little girls. You could tell they do, because of the commercials and all. It's not only girls who like Tamagotchis, Bandai! There are plenty of Adults here that like Tamagotchis.

I hope Bandai is reading this topic.

I totally agree! I always hope no one finds me in the BarbieGirl aisle because thats where the tamas are! Mental! (im a girl BTW)

I totally and utterly agree. However, most of my friends are tama collectors, so I really don't have to wory about them seeing me in the tama isle because they're there most of the time as well.

Yeah, I'm sending this link along with a few others to Bandai... Maybe they'll get the idea!

I had originally introduced Tamas to some of my best friends and they loved them for a long time! But Tmas wore off on them and now they really don't care for them. I'm 14, and I'm the only one who still likes them. : ( But, then again, I've loved them since they first came out in the 90s, so I guess it doesn't matter... :D

The commercial is sickening. It's cute, and kiddish and BLECH! I'm 24. It might be part of a quarter life crisis or that I desparately needed something to take care of. LOL

I got my first Tama just after my 24th birthday. I had allways been a fan of the virtual pets since the 90's when they came out. And I had a little spending money after all the money came in.

I felt conspicious for a while, carrying Tami outside on her lanyard but by the time I had her son Asher I didn't care. And when I bought a second one, Danny, I had both of them out in public, even playing games and nobody really noticed or cared.

Of course I've only seen the comercial on the bandai website and on youtube, I've never really seen it outside that though. If it wasn't for my own personal sense of nostalgia, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place as there is no marketing completely after a certain age range. Not even close.

EDIT for my post before: I am not offending anybody personally! Please, dont think I am offending you! ^_^

I'll second (15th?) this motion because I hope BanDai takes this issue to heart. It saddens me to see a toy from my childhood deolve from a unisex pastime to a girly...thing. Although I will give BanDai points for trying to create some non-girly shells. It just seems like they are trying too hard to please people. Back in the day tamagotchis were fun because they were simple and universal. I could leave it in my pocket and just check on it a few times a day. Now tamagotchis are becoming more like a mini video game. Great for kids who have nothing to do after school, or when they have to follow their parents around to places, but not so great for someone with a job or college who just wants something fun every once in a while. I say BanDai should re-release the original tamas for a limited time, and preferably at the original price too $10. Possibly they aren't aware of the large target audience of "old" people who would love to see a favorite from the past come back to life in it's original form. (*shudder* Littlest Pet Shop, what have they done to you?!)

~Rosie

I agree that the target audience should be boosted up. There are many teens with Tama's and even adults as well. I'm a 15 year old guy! Yeah, I play a TON of video games but who's always beside me watching? My tama =) My friends don't really know but I won't care anyways. My parents tell me to grow up and I just tell them that it helps me to get over the loss of my REAL pet :angry: (which it is :) ) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back