Is Reseting wrong?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinag221

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends who have tamagotchis. Sometimes if they wanted a specific gender or if they don't like the character their tamagotchi is, they reset their tamagotchi.

Sometimes they do it if they want a special character, but sometimes they do it just because they think their tamagotchi is "ugly". What do you think? Is reseting your tamagotchi cruel or explainable???

Nothing is wrong with reseting your tamagotchi. The only time I have reset my tamagotchi is when it died, but my little brother reset his because he knew he was going to get an ugly character. I think that it totally depends on the reason the person chose to reset their tama. I never reset my tama because I am trying to get a really huge generation started. I am also planning on getting all the characters. I have some advice though: don't reset your tamagotchi out of pure frustration over something. You'll be sorry.

:p greenalmonds :blink:

It's not wrong. If they chose to do it then they chose to do it. I don't reset my Tamagotchi because it's ugly. I love my Tamagotchi no matter what. But it's not wrong if someone else does it.

Well, If they were resetting it a whole bunch, then I could understand. The only time I've reset mine is when somethin unexpected happens and I have to go quickly and forget my Tama.... o_O It always is something bad, so I restart it and promise to be more attentive next time!

It's not bad to reset your tamagotchi. If the chose to, they chose to. Theres nothing wrong with it. I only reset mine when it dies or theres a terrible glitch that won't go away. Be careful when you chose to reset your tama, you might have wished you didn't.

i dont think it is very nice.....but its their decision, i wouldnt do it to mine.

I don't know... I'd maybe say, that it depends on how you see your tama. For someone who just plays with them 'cause they're nice and fun, but doesn't really hold them as a real sentimental creature, or something that's truly alive, like some people, resetting wouldn't really mean much to them. But if you feel that your tama is alive, even if you know it's really not, (I'm one of these people) resetting your tama, especially when it's just hatched, could be compared to abortion, if you go to extremes. And if the tama is older, it would be like killing your tama, or at least like abandoning a pet pupppy because you don't want it anymore. But as far as killing the tama goes, it would still be 'kinder' to reset the tama if you really don't want it, rather than killing it off and letting it suffer by neglecting it.

but personaly I think that, even though a tama feels very real to me, after I've gotten to 'know it better,' resetting it wouldn't really be that bad. Only if I really loved the tama, I'd feel really bad and sorry that I reseted it, like I'd have killed a dear friend. But that doesn't happen very often. (partially because I hardly ever reset a tama, and partially because I don't always grow so affectionate of one)

I THINK THEY SHOULD ONLY LET U RESET IF TAMA DIES CAUSE IF U RESET BEFOR IT DIES U R WASTING BATTRY TIME AND U R KILLING A LIFE

there's nothing wrong with reseting your tamagotchi, i only reset my tamagotchi when it dies or something bad happeneds! so its ok if they reset it but if they do it constantly then i can understand how you feel, but other then that its ok if they reset it! :eek:

I THINK THEY SHOULD ONLY LET U RESET IF TAMA DIES CAUSE IF U RESET BEFOR IT DIES U R WASTING BATTRY TIME AND U R KILLING A LIFE
That's stupid... plus the tamagotchis aren't real. They don't really have a 'life'.

C~M

That's stupid... plus the tamagotchis aren't real. They don't really have a 'life'.
C~M
Please don't critisise it's there opinion.

My opinon is that resetting isn't really bad but it isn't the best thing to do I plan to get all the characters so I haven't reset. I don't reset unless it dies. But it is the owners option to reset or not.

-RoryLink

I, personaly, think that reseting is wrong because you have to start ALL over as a baby. I have never done it myself.

Hey!!! I want to thank everybody for contributing to the discussion!

I really appreciate your answers.

I didnt think so many people would answer!

Well, thanks again!!!

Happy posting!!! :D

I personally don't like restarting just because my Tama is ugly or the wrong gender. I love my Tama for who they are, not what they are/look like. :)

In 93%, I don't think its wrong because what I think is that bandai made the reset button because if a owner wasn't very happy with his or her pet, he/she can just easliy take a pencil and reset it. However the 7% I do agree bandai shouldn't make the reset button is because the critical 7% can accually teach children to be more flexible and can teach children to live with their pet until it goes away.

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS, THIS IS JUST A OPINION.

-Tamadude787

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't like reseting mine to me its like aborting a baby. :D

I know, it sounds kinda weird, but I think of my Tamagotchis as actual living things, and reseting them, to me, is like abandoning an animal because it was the wrong gender you wanted or if it had green eyes instead of blue. I think reseting it for any reason except technical problems, (like a glitch or something) is wrong.

*That's just my opinion! I don't mean to offend anyone!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back