Anyone read/like Shonen Jump?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatogirl

Reaction score
I read it but the concepts in Naruto and Yu-Yu Hashiko(I know I speled it wrong) are confusing to me, mainly because I'm not into spirits and demons and Chankra and spirit-stealing ablilities. I get it because of Yu-gi-oh & Yu-gi-oh GX being in each month's magazine.

Oh, I live off of Shonen Jumpu. Months ahead on Naruto= luff.

Even if I don't get some manga, I usually read them for the heck of it. XD

I Get a Shonen Jump Manga Every Month.

I basically just get it Cause of the Naruto,Yu Yu Hakusho ,Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

Shonen Jump is <3.

I've Been getting Shonen Jump Manga Since December Last Year (Which would mean, I have the janurary,Feburary,march,april,may,june,july,august,september Volumes now. Since If for example I bought one This month(which i already did ^,^) It'd be the September issue)

Oh, I live off of Shonen Jumpu. Months ahead on Naruto= luff.
You're months ahead of the Dubbed anime, not the subbed or manga.

Anyways, I will occasionally borrow an issue from my friend and read it on the way to school. I don't watch much anime/read it and I learned that this is a good way of not being wapanese. I've already had the virus run through my system, and in a nice, short time of only around six months. It's like chicken pox; you can't catch it again.

I'm subscribed, so I get it every month.

The only bad part is that I go through it so fast... and then it's done so I wanna read more. Then I realize I have to wait another month... :p

You're months ahead of the Dubbed anime, not the subbed or manga.
Anyways, I will occasionally borrow an issue from my friend and read it on the way to school. I don't watch much anime/read it and I learned that this is a good way of not being wapanese. I've already had the virus run through my system, and in a nice, short time of only around six months. It's like chicken pox; you can't catch it again.
From urbandictionary:

There is a difference between watching anime and being Wapanese.

An anime watcher does just that, he watches anime.

The Wapanese watch anime and will think they were born and raised in Japan.

An anime watcher may use a quote now an then from an anime he likes.

The Wapanese will try to learn Japanese, but not the correct way, from watching anime. They'll only learn a few words and use them with English, using what is called Japanglish.

An anime watcher will watch what he can on television or maybe buy a video or DVD.

The Wapanese will buy untranslated anime and translate them horribly. They will proceed to gripe and complain that their hacked up garbage is better than anything ever made.

An anime watcher will do nothing else.

Due to a chemical imbalance in their heads, the Wapanese will denounce their country, stalk Asian girls, eat nothing but Asian food, grow disgustingly huge and/or pale, live in their parents house until they are 30 or older, and generally be annoyances for the rest of their lives or until they snap out of it, which usually happens around 9th or 10th grade.

I don't think merely enjoying manga and anime is enough to make you a weeaboo/"wapanese." I know others will not hesitate to claim otherwise, but I think it's true. Just like anything, the key is moderation. I have a number of volumes of manga and more gigs worth of anime than i'd care to mention, but I wouldn't consider my enjoyment an "unhealthy obsession." Again, moderation. lulz.

The manga covered in ShonenJump doesn't really interest me as it seems to be aimed more at the ~12 year old boy market. I do have a few volumes of Prince of Tennis though (which is an SJ manga) because my brother plays tennis and I get a good laugh out of the cheesiness of it. Hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back