Issues with TamaChat?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jappyx

Reaction score
Hello! :huh:

Admin and myself have had some reports of some members having issues with TamaChat. By issues we don't mean issues with members, we mean issues with the technical side. For example: You cannot use the type box where you type your messages. If you have any issues like this, then please post in this topic. Then hopefully we should be able to fix it and get it working again. :D

And as a side note, some problems can be fixed by making sure you have the latest version of Java (for free) and trying it in different browsers. :)

Thanks. :D

-Jappyx

The only problem I've had with chat continuously is that is slows my computer down.. Chat freezes a lot on my computer, so most the time I don't go to chat because I'd just be reading the conversation than actually participating in it.

When I update my signature it keeps on saying "Your signature is too long." And every time I have to make it smaller. It even says that when I first update my signature, even if I make it shorter then it used to be! It really gets me angry because I can't fit enough in there. I had to keep making "you"s into "u"s and "to/too" into "2"s and like I had to change this sentence "Wutsup? My name is Wine_Deer!" to "Hi." so I could fit a little bit more into my siggy because I wanted to write this "My mouse died recently. PM me if you want to pay some respects. Respects payed: 1." ;) :angry: :angry:

My problem is That I Got into The Chat And logged In But It Wont let me See What Anyone Is Saying or The people In It or The Rooms AT ALL it really Stinks, Can Someone Help? PLEEEEEASEEE

Well, with the old tamachat, which I personally like alot better than the new tamachat, and on the new tamachat, it let me just select a color from that menu with all the different colors, and then after a while when I clicked a color it wouldn't show up!!!! Colors never work unless you do this: or something but you'd have to keep typing it over and over for every message you type and it hardly has any colors that actually work with that code thing. I really like writing in colors, especially pink as you can see. lol Please help..... :(

~Kuchi~ :wub:

Edit: the same thing always happens to me as Wine_Deer. I PMed the Admin months ago and he still didn't get back to me, but I also Pm'd binary and he told me to use tinyurl, and I do, but that doesn't really fix the problem. Its still shorter than the limit and it says its too long!!! I like to put alot of stuff in my siggy, so that room is valuable to me. :) Please help!!!!!!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently downloaded the new version of Java, yet it takes too long to load in order for me to get into TamaChat. It freezes my computer when it is loading. Not while I'm chatting. I luckily got in just once.

TamaCHAT comes up, but it never loads. The Java thing is fine, but then when it goes to the page it's not loaded. I don't know if it's because of my dial up service or something else.

Well, with the old tamachat, which I personally like alot better than the new tamachat, and on the new tamachat, it let me just select a color from that menu with all the different colors, and then after a while when I clicked a color it wouldn't show up!!!! Colors never work unless you do this: or something but you'd have to keep typing it over and over for every message you type and it hardly has any colors that actually work with that code thing. I really like writing in colors, especially pink as you can see. lol Please help..... :(  

~Kuchi~ :p

Edit: the same thing always happens to me as Wine_Deer. I PMed the Admin months ago and he still didn't get back to me, but I also Pm'd binary and he told me to use tinyurl, and I do, but that doesn't really fix the problem. Its still shorter than the limit and it says its too long!!! I like to put alot of stuff in my siggy, so that room is valuable to me. :) Please help!!!!!!!! :)
The chat room doesn't work with newer versions of Java. You will only see non-coded color on an older computer now. So updating your Java will kill the color.

I don't know if it was just my computer or not, but whenever someone types a new message, and it comes up at the bottom, but it goes all funny, so I can't see the message. Whenever this happens, I have found that by zooming in and then out again it lets me read, but I have to do that every time I go on it.

I haven't been on TamaChat at all for the last few months, as I don't want to have to resolve to zooming in and out all the time.

Best Wishes,

barky

P.S: I hope you can fix all the problems that have been reported here.

I've found that when I try to log in using aol, I get a message that says "Problems Connecting with Server. Please try again in a few minutes"

It happens every time.

I have to use a different browser, Internet explorer, to get into TamaChat :D

[SIZE=8pt]when i try to get in to tamachat and log in it wont let me. it says invalid username or password. ohh and it wont let me do the heart thingy.this is really being posted by ♥jeds girl♥ on starfires account.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! <_<
Admin and myself have had some reports of some members having issues with TamaChat. By issues we don't mean issues with members, we mean issues with the technical side. For example: You cannot use the type box where you type your messages. If you have any issues like this, then please post in this topic. Then hopefully we should be able to fix it and get it working again. :unsure:

And as a side note, some problems can be fixed by making sure you have the latest version of Java (for free) and trying it in different browsers. :mellow:

Thanks. :blink:

-Jappyx
Only one complaint...

there isn't more than a couple icons...you know, smilies!

'metchi :ph34r:

Miles of smiles,

I sure do have problems. Everytime I log in to Tama Chat, it says Service temporarly unavailable. That happened for weeks and never works. Of course, that was before my computer stuffed up....

Posted with happiness, ~Christail~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back