Photo
- - - - -

V.4-easier or harder to care for?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kuchipatchi love

• kuchipatchi-love user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:53 PM ( #1 )

well ,you can sort of choose your character on V.4 ,by specializing in 1 area of Skill.On the previous versions ,you don't know what you are going to get.also, the previous versions beep every 2 minutes for attention,whereas only about 10 on V4.please let me know what you think!

Replies

Views

Started

31 Aug 2007

Last Post

22 Jan 2008

Little andro

• little-andro user photo

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:55 AM ( #2 )

Well you can't chose what character you get
but you can chose out of three groupes,
Mame, Meme and Kuchi.

LA :puroperatchi:

dancinkayley

• dancinkayley user photo

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:50 AM ( #3 )

well ,you can sort of choose your character on V.4 ,by specializing in 1 area of Skill.On the previous versions ,you don't know what you are going to get.also, the previous versions beep every 2 minutes for attention,whereas only about 10 on V4.please let me know what you think!

Problem. If your skill points are too low in some areas, you'll get a Universal Character.

The previous versions beep every 2 minutes for attention? Never!! Only if it's a baby and you've really neglected it. I find v4 is actually more needy than previous versions which really stinks due to the nature of the games.

I find v3 and v4 hard to care for because of the length of the games. On v4 it takes a while to work down weight.

~*Starfire*~

• starfire user photo

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:39 AM ( #4 )

Problem. If your skill points are too low in some areas, you'll get a Universal Character.

The previous versions beep every 2 minutes for attention? Never!! Only if it's a baby and you've really neglected it. I find v4 is actually more needy than previous versions which really stinks due to the nature of the games.

I find v3 and v4 hard to care for because of the length of the games. On v4 it takes a while to work down weight.

I agree. the games are too long, so if you are in a rush and need to quickly take care of your tama, the quickest game is I think, Jumping rope, which isn't really quick if you ask me.

romantictam

• romantictam user photo

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:24 AM ( #5 )

i think they are way harder to look after, for example, if you are in school and you get your tama out at break, it will be beeping two mail items - the star and mail, and maybe a bit hungry so you'll have to do a long game to make it go down in weight.

Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

• xx-tama-girl-beth-xx user photo

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:35 PM ( #6 )

I have noticed the times of beeping aswell. Hm... I would say I find them easier to care for (V4). At one point I could only check my Tama every hour and most of the time only around 1 heart was down, not bad.

dancinkayley

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:53 AM ( #7 )

I have noticed the times of beeping aswell. Hm... I would say I find them easier to care for (V4). At one point I could only check my Tama every hour and most of the time only around 1 heart was down, not bad.

I find that about the same for my v1 as well.

fiskeryatigo

• fiskeryatigo user photo

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:00 AM ( #8 )

I actually find the V4 harder and easier to take care of at times. The games on my version 1 are a bit hard to master, but as long as you get a "Good," you're going to lose 3 pounds, or 2 pounds. THe V4 games take a bit more effort to win, and it only gets harder getting a universal character. I usually get more universal characters on my V1 than on my V4, so it's easy to stay within my Zoku. But when I try to get any universal character, then I just end up with Gozarutchi. The V1 characters a simple and easy to get for me (except for the Hanatchi and Robotchi). Those two, I've never gotten before. The V4s also get the "bad mails," snakes, bad chests, and lamps. Then you have to play the games, yadda yadda yadda. A bit tedious, I might add. So it gets hard and easy at times, but this is one person's opinion.

dancinkayley

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:01 AM ( #9 )

There's no "universal characters" on v1. Or families. There are several "tiers" though. Characters on the top tier are gotten from perfect care and characters on lower tiers are gotten from worse care.

Mametchi and Mimitchi (universals on v4.5) are on the top tier (perfect care).
Kuchipatchi and Memetchi (universals on v4.5) are on the second tier (almost perfect care).
Tarakotchi (Kuchi family on v4, nonexistant on v4.5) is on the third tier with Hanatchi and Robotchi (Hanatchi: Universal family on v4, Robotchi: Mame family on v4) and are gotten from lacking in a certain area of care.
Masukutchi and Gozarutchi (Universals on v4, Gozarutchi is also Universal on v4.5) are from horrid care.

I find Hanatchi and Robotchi hard to get too. 84 Generations have been and gone and no Hanatchi! And only a couple of Robotchi too. Oh and Dance makes your Tamagotchi lose 2 grams, Jump makes your Tamagotchi lose 3 grams.

Anyway, to get back on topic... There was one time I found the v4 games rather annoying, so I just let it get fat. Surpisingly enough it evolved into Tosakatchi rather than a Universal. Hmmm.

Shilo_Tama

• shilo-tama user photo

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:12 PM ( #10 )

i wholly agree with Dancin Kayley! i love my v1 and my v4 is just tedious and i can only stand it fora couple of weeks.
V1 FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Shilo & Aura ;)

dancinkayley

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:31 PM ( #11 )

Yesterday I was looking after a baby on my v1 and a baby on my v4. I had to care for my v4 three times before my v1 needed anything. Because the v4's games are longer I constantly had to do something (because I can be a perfectionist and want my Tamagotchi to be at the base weight sometimes).

And it's super annoying when you open a mail and it's bad news/sad news... then you have to play one of the games again. I hate it how some of the games (like Mimic and perhaps Dance for example) are pretty hard to win, therefore making it really hard to lose weight.

I was timing myself playing the games once. Jumping Rope takes about 1min 50sec to play and Shape takes about 1min 30sec to play. I was timing myself for Mimic, but when I lost I just got frustrated- gosh, games on Tamagotchi shouldn't be so hard to win! When I lost it had already been over 2min already so Mimic could take something like 3 or 4 minutes to play. Tamagotchi games shouldn't be so long!

With my v1, all I have to do is jump three hurdles or complete a round of Dance and I win. Actually, I might see how quick it is to complete a round of dance or jump three hurdles right now.

Completing a round of Dance takes about 30sec. So does jumping three hurdles. Why, oh why, can't it be like that forever?

kuchipatchi rulz

• kuchipatchi-rulz user photo

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:05 PM ( #12 )

I think all tamas are easy to look after, mine hardler ever dies (maybe sometimes it dies if it wakes up early and im asleep) but the new V5 that is coming out (is out in England) has 3 characters on screen at the same time! so it could be a bit harder on V5 than the earlier versions.
The V4/V4.5 can be hard for some people as you need to get your tamas skill points for jobs, and send your tamas to pre-school and elementry school.

Have a great tama-talking day! :lol:

dancinkayley

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:43 AM ( #13 )

I don't have a v5 but apparently it is a lot easier as it isn't actually caring for each character individually- it's the whole family. Apparently they're less needy as well.

The thing with the v4 is that I find it hard to motivate myself to spend two minutes every hour or so playing a game.

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:44 AM ( #14 )

I also find the games to be too long.

Though, I do like that there are more games on the V4.5 than earlier versions. I found the games on the V1 to be too hard to win.
At least with the V4.5, I can choose to stick with the one or two games I like and not have to play the other ones. (like shapes, that game is way too hard XD)

As far as taking care of the Tamagotchi itself, I find that my V4.5 requires a lot less attention than my V1 ever needed.
Just a few days ago I fell asleep in the afternoon and woke up to find that nearly two hours had passed. I quickly checked and my Tamagotchi (Uramametchi) was only missing one heart. o_o

MnMztama495

• mnmztama495 user photo

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:43 AM ( #15 )

I agree. the games are too long, so if you are in a rush and need to quickly take care of your tama, the quickest game is I think, Jumping rope, which isn't really quick if you ask me.

Plus, you have to worry about making enough skill points for a job, if you even WANT a job! The same thing with school, too.

Squidward is Cool

• squidward-is-cool user photo

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:20 PM ( #16 )

HARDER TO CARE FOR.

Go up to Planet Tamagotchi and ask Kiki how hard I took care of her, and she still left!