i wanna be an author!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a gazillion titles you can pick for a book!

And its great that you want to be an author! That is a very fun and serious job to take. I personally love writeing and wirting books. It is so exciting!! :huh:

Well first of all, you have to think about the story;

Tips and Hints:

~What is it going to be about?

~Who is the main character; the characteristics of this main person too.

~What is the plot, theme, and other characters; you must think of this too.

~How long do you want the title to be? A short sentance? Something Long? Or merely one word? Or even a name!

~What is the begging, middle, and end to your story?

~Think: Someone(Name of person or thing)...... Wanted(name something that the character wants)......But(something wrong happens).......So(what did s/he do about it?)........ [This is very important when making a story.

The Title isn't the biggest thing that your readers will look for, it is the summary (on the back of the book; or in the beginning), the interesting book- and its content!

When you finish what you want your story to be like, finishing the tips and hints, and are completly done the story, you can take the time to review the book you've written and think of a title! :p Its the easiest way! :huh:

Well, since you want some book titles how about...

!!! You also want to remember, is this story a cartoon or fiction human story? !!!

-Roland and the Ice Caved Monster

-The life of Liana Howard

- Job Description: Male Nurse

-The evil happy face

-Baboon and the crazy chimp

Well good luck with the Book! I'd love to see it finished!! xD

-KG- ;)

Well, I usually pick the title of my book/story in the middle/end (I've never actually completed a long story....) of writing it.

You have to be very serious about becoming an author. And, right now, you don't seem serious about it. Others can give you story titles/plots, but YOU are the writer, and all ideas should be orignial and thought of by you. Also, remember COPS;

C-Capitals

O-Organization

P-Puncuation

S-Spelling

By your post, I suggest structure your writing into COPS.

For ideas, I guess I can help you out...but I'm pretty much sucked dry of ideas.

-A girl who is going through pain...her mother died, her father is an alchoholic, her sister was raped and killed...so she decides to runaway. When she does..... (You think of the rest...NOTE; This idea has to do with the song ''Runaway Love'')

-A boy finds a magical world in his sock drawer

-A family figures out they have a group of eleves living in the fridge.

See what I mean? I'm drawing a blank here....

I am very serious about writing, and I love it. So I'm trying to help you, not be mean.

I am writing a story too. I haven't figured anything out for the title yet... my book is kind of a mixture of The Charlie Bone Series (Awesome!) and the Percy Jackson and the Olympanions Series (Also awesome!) But no title comes to mind. I just make up the story as I write. It actually works! I have no idea for the title. Nothing I think of fits the title...

The title depends on the story. Here is a few:

Under My Skin

Get Out

Todd Ralie: Paper Attack!

Best Friends...Forever?

I'm mostly into horror, actiino, depression, stuff like that. Linkin Park could give you some inspiration, LOL. But seriously, try to think of what TYPE of story you wanna right, then listen to some music that fits in with that type, it may inspire you. I'm writing a story right now and I WOULD post it to give you some ideas but.........too embarrassed XD, don't want everyone saying it sucks. That's another thing, too. Make sure you get other people to criticize your work, but just remember, you don't have to listen to their opinions.

I wrote a book already. I want to get it published, but first I have to edit it and add things. It's pretty long, about 250 pages.

It takes me a while to figure out ideas, so I can't really help you there. If I think of one, I will let you know!

I'm an author, but I have no published storys YET. I have written tons of short and long stories. I'm planning on publishing my best story soon. First I must think of a good title. I wrote the story 2 years ago but I have memorized it by heart <3

C~M

I want my story to be published. In fact, look out cuz I am gonna post my story. The post will be called: "My story, please take a peek!" sooooooo I want your opinion on it! :(

thanx guys for all ur help when i wrie my book i'll make sure the first ones to get it is you guys ;)

I want my story to be published. In fact, look out cuz I am gonna post my story. The post will be called: "My story, please take a peek!" sooooooo I want your opinion on it! ;)
oh and good luck Wine_Deer. I bet your story will be fantastic! :p

*laughs*

You guys DO know that pretty much all of you're stories wont be published. As good as you guys think you are, and probably are, they usually don't accept KID writing. What you ask? Why is TGD not making any sense?

Kids write in a certain way, that lacks detail. They write in a certain organization, and make certain mistakes. I bet you're thinking ''lyk OMG everybody writes different''. But in this case, I'm right.

All kids write the exact same way, while some are worse or better than others. But when you look at all good kid-written story, there is always a resmeblence in the way the story is written. Publishers don't want that. An adult writes differently than kids, having more experience and a larger vocabulary. As a kid myself, I write the same way.

Even though I plan on publishing, I'm not boasting saying ''I have written TONS AND TONS of stories and planning on getting them published!'' I do say I've wirrten lots of stories, and I had one or two picked out that I may want to one day publish. But it annoys me to hear so many voices saying how their gonna be a famous author. More than likey, none of you are.

There's a difference between writer and author, wanting to be published and published.

Just remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:
*laughs*You guys DO know that pretty much all of you're stories wont be published. As good as you guys think you are, and probably are, they usually don't accept KID writing. What you ask? Why is TGD not making any sense?

Kids write in a certain way, that lacks detail. They write in a certain organization, and make certain mistakes. I bet you're thinking ''lyk OMG everybody writes different''. But in this case, I'm right.

All kids write the exact same way, while some are worse or better than others. But when you look at all good kid-written story, there is always a resmeblence in the way the story is written. Publishers don't want that. An adult writes differently than kids, having more experience and a larger vocabulary. As a kid myself, I write the same way.

Even though I plan on publishing, I'm not boasting saying ''I have written TONS AND TONS of stories and planning on getting them published!'' I do say I've wirrten lots of stories, and I had one or two picked out that I may want to one day publish. But it annoys me to hear so many voices saying how their gonna be a famous author. More than likey, none of you are.

There's a difference between writer and author, wanting to be published and published.

Just remember that.
Id like to add to that.

Plus, making a book isnt something that takes a week, it takes months, and possibly a year.

You need to plan your story before anything, you have to get an illustrator, and not everybody spells right, your vocabulary needs to be upgraded to have a god book, and kids -im not sure ow old you are- arent exactly gonnna be famous.

UNLESS your an actor. ;]

*laughs*You guys DO know that pretty much all of you're stories wont be published. As good as you guys think you are, and probably are, they usually don't accept KID writing. What you ask? Why is TGD not making any sense?

Just remember that.
exuuuuuuse me? but i think everyone one has a friggin dream so if you're going to ruin those dreams then go somewhere else and do it! :p ^_^ ^_^ remember THAT! ^_^

I'm not ruining dreams, I'm being realistic here.

And how old are you? You're acting like a nine year old right now.

If you cant take what I said, then your not ready to be an author.

.....I'm not ruining dreams, I'm being realistic here.

And how old are you? You're acting like a nine year old right now.

If you cant take what I said, then your not ready to be an author.
im almost 12! anger me why don't you! and NOBODY likes it when tamachick's MAD! oh yeah and about the 9 year old thing...SHUT UP stop being impolite or ill report you! ;) :wacko: ;)

Latest posts

Back