ACWW Animal Crossing Wild World (DS)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaMum

Reaction score
So here I am just discovering how much fun ACWW is to play and I thought it might be useful to start a Tips & Tricks topic to share info for anyone who wants to chip in ;)

I am sure that some of these tips will be obvious to more experienced players - but they're useful to know (and share) and they may not be true for every game so post if you have experienced something different :lol:

Stop a Character Leaving Town

This has worked every time for me so far (on 4 different animal characters)

Normally you have to spend a lot of time/several visits talking to the animal to stop it leaving and it doesn't always work.

But there are 3 players on my ACWW and if you send each player in turn to visit the animal they always think it over and stay.

Get Extra Bells (helps pay the Mortgage)

Change your setting and move them forwards to New Years eve. Leave it overnight and you'll get a letter from Mom with money as a present

I have not actually used this cheat (I preferred to save up myself) - but I saw it done on another DS.

(Kind of reminds me of re-stocking the Tamagotchi shops by changing the time).

Edit: I just remembered the Warning that comes with this cheat. If you set the time forward like that, you DO have to do a lot of weeding!!!

Extra Rooms in Your House

You can only get Nook to build 4 extra rooms on your house. After that he says he can't build any more.

Is this the same for everyone?

This is the order in which my house was extended:

1. Extra room on first floor

2. Extra room on ground floor (lhs)

3. Extra room on ground floor (rhs)

4. Extra room on ground floor (rear / behind main room)

Last edited by a moderator:
TM!

Glad to see your enjoying ACWW!

I have another tip to stop an animal from leaving:

Visit the animal.

Write a letter to them (anything said) and attach a present!

This has worked for me, i tested it several times.

But you HAVE to attach a present to it, other wise it wont work.

You'll get a letter back the next day- if you don't then something must have happened, but trust me- it works.

I love ACWW. <3

EDIT: Answer to your Question:

Lets see, my rooms:

(on first floor) Big room

3 extra rooms (End of first floor)

Added floor

ALSO-

QUICK SAVING.

Just press Start. I just figured that out a while ago. xD

THANKS A LOT! i play acww and so goes my mom XD, on wi-fi i met someone from london, wilw on with my mom and her friend. Thanks!

Get Extra Bells (helps pay the Mortgage)Change your setting and move them forwards to New Years eve.  Leave it overnight and you'll get a letter from Mom with money as a present

I have not actually used this cheat (I preferred to save up myself) - but I saw it done on another DS.

(Kind of reminds me of re-stocking the Tamagotchi shops by changing the time).

Edit:  I just remembered the Warning that comes with this cheat.  If you set the time forward like that, you DO have to do a lot of weeding and you also may have some animals that have left your town.
The bold part I made myself :D

I found a really good Animal Crossing Wild World resource website! It even has Animal Crossing for the GCN B) It is: https://animalxing.com

They have a forum also, so you can feel free to join that :p I didn't, though.

One more tip....

Don't ever donate a Mosquito to the Museum! :ph34r:

It flies around in the Insect room loose and it will still bite you if you stay still! Makes viewing all the other insect exhibits like a jogging class - you have to keep on the move all the time because you can't use your net in there :wacko:

I Got A Cheat

Warning: Your Town Will Be FLooded With Weeds And Someone Might Move Away Youve Been Warned

Ok Set Your Date The Year 2000

Turn On Game And Deposit About 1 Bell - 10,000 Bells In Bank

Save And Turn Off

Go To Ds Setting And Make The Year 2099

Turn On Your Game And Presto! 99,999 Bells

Good For You

Turnip Glitch

Place a turnip on a table to stop it from Spoiling! You do it by:

1. Place an item that you can stand on below you (Preferably tools...like your Rod or net)

2. Place the turnip down, it should hop onto the square infront of you...hopefully that's the table.

3. DONT take the turnip off the table on a SATURDAY!

Taa-daa! I do that glitch all the time XD

Get your Friend's Furniture

1. When he asks for an item (Fossil, Clothing, Bugs, etc.) GIVE IT TO HIM!

2. Look in your recycle or lost and found, if the item you want ISNT there...give his another item that he wants...repeat this until he gives up his item...

Aviod Resetti

This is a random glitch i found by meself! I have not proved this 100% though...Do this at your own risk!

You require 2 DSs to do this glitch.

If you acidentally turn your DS off without saving (or purposely), Log on with the OTHER DS and you won't get resetti...after you've done that.. i 'think' you can log back on with the old one again.

More coming!

Frum Neon

Scorpions

I got fed up of being bitten by scorpions and passing out only to come to my senses lying face down at my front door! ;) *shudders*

It's just plain creepy the way they attack you and you can't run away!

I've realised that they only attack you if you are holding the net at the time they appear.

If you are holding something else like the fishing rod or watering can when you spot them and then quickly change to the net, they don't attack and you have a better chance of catching them.

does anybody have the ar codes for it for rare furniture ana money (bells)?

Sometimes If you bury Money

it will turn in to a money tree!

I have a whole bunch in my ACWW game

The larger the sum of

Money The more likey it will

turn in to a money tree.

I love ACWW. I have not played recently, but here are a few more useful tips I remember:

Keep your Animals

Send your character to talk to it. Read the conversation, at the beginning, they will say they are moving, but eventually, they will say they may think about it. Once they hint that, leave before they change their mind, and they will stay. Some animals need more talking too than others depending on their personality.

Golden shovel

If you have two shovels, bury one outside and then dig it up the following day - it will be a golden shovel.

Bells from rocks

Once you have the golden shovel, hit every rock in town, and the following day, bells will spill out of a random rock when you hit it. As days go by you can get more bells out of the rocks.

First it is a sack of 100B, then 200B, 400B, 800B, 1000B, 2000B and 4000B. Altogether, that adds up to 8400B, quite a lot of money.

Golden 'shooter'

I can't remember what it is called, but there are balloons crossing the sky every ten minutes (at every *4 minutes of an hour, between the morning and 16:00 I noticed), and you can shoot it down. If you shoot down 15 (you can do so over several days), a golden balloon will cross the sky. If you shoot it down you will have the golden shooter, which shoots three stones at a time, making it easier to catch the presents.

If you shoot the balloon over the river/place with lots of items buried, the present will disappear.

Obtaining Nookington's

Once you have NookWay, have a friend buy from your shop, or buy from a friend's shop, and the following day it will upgrade to Nookington's, which also allows you to change hairstyle through several questions (3000B).

A Thing about Bees

It's awful when they sting isn't it? But you can catch them, and they were 4500B if you sold them I think (that, or 3000B, I cannot remember properly). To catch the bees, you shake different trees, till a hive drops (there are 3 hidden beehives every day, unless you are using wireless communication). Then go into the menu and put on the net. You can wait as long as you like in menu mode, the bees won't sting you, just buzz around you. Time carefully, and when you know the bees are going to be in front of you, swat them with the net.

If you don't have a net, simply run off to the nearest house, and if you are lucky, you may be saved from a bee-sting (cured by medicine, or saving the game, and then turning the DS back on).

Bells from Rocks

I thought you just got 100 Bells from hitting a rock with your spade/shovel (not the golden one - just the regular one).

I just discovered that if you hit a rock and a sack of 100 bells falls out, hit it again - and again - you get 200 bells with the second hit and 400 bells with the third hit - make sure you are close enough to the rock to hit it first time and not dig a hole instead or the bells won't fall out.

Question - anyone know tips / tricks on how to get a particular character to leave your town???

Over the past couple of weeks, all my fave animal characters have tried to leave town and I have successfully persuaded them to stay.

The one character I have no time for and dislike never leaves or even attempts to leave. Should I pay that character lots of attention and they might leave?

So far I have been getting my kicks out of burying pit fall seeds and watching this character struggle out of the mud hole.... how sad is that??

TamaMum, try hitting the rock harder each time with littler time between hits. You can get 100 200 400 800 and 1000 bells at most a day!

Flea Market Day

When an animal has finished buying a few things in your house they kind of pause and just start commenting on things instead of asking the cost of other items you want to sell...

You can get them to start buying again by leaving the room (don't leave the house or they will leave too). Just walk into another room - or head upstairs to the Start room (bedroom), then re-enter the main room of your house.

Using this method I was able to sell every single item in my room - kind of annoying because animals kept visiting and trying to buy (non existant) items!

Flower Hybrids

Plant 2 flowers of the same type (Roses, tulips, e.t.c.) Diagonally from each other and after a few days you will have a specail color flower most of the time. (so far i have a purple tulip) To get a golden rose, use a golden watering can on a wilted black rose.

Take Hybrids In At Night They will not wilt if you store them inside at night if you want to keep them ought during the day.

Lucky Items

Lucky Items are items in your house that give you 7,777 points for the HRA. Here is a complete list.

-Arwing

-Big Festive Tree

-Birthday Cake

-Dracaena

-Festive Tree

-Four-Leaf Clover

-Garden Gnome

-Ivory Piano

-Jack-in-the-Box

-Lefty Lucky Cat

-Lovely Phone

-Lucky Black Cat

-Lucky Cat

-Master Sword

-Music Box

-Piggy Bank

-Pikmin

-Portrait

-Raccoon Figurine

-Samurai Suit

-Scarab Beetle

-Treasure Chest

-Triforce

-Washer/Dryer

Put thes in your house and the HRA score will go up BIG time.

I thought these would be good tips to say safe over Wi-Fi. I may need to do this in several posts, so here goes.

The problems

Hacked "seeds" - Danger level: 10. They're an item that people get with a NON-NINTENDO cheating device called Pro Action Replay. It can give you any item in the game, and it isn't necessarily a bad thing. But seeds ARE bad. If someone in your town drops one, it can permanently break your game! If you see something freaky, like a rock in front of your front door or a museum sitting on top of your house, you've been Seeded! DON'T SAVE, and immediately perform option #2 under "The solutions."

Thievery - Danger level: 6. Picking up stuff off the ground when you don't have permission, including flowers and anything buried. Easy to pull off if no one's looking, and unverifiable, but can be easily prevented.

Vandalism (I.E., Tree-chopping and flower-stomping) - Danger level - 4. You hear a lot about Tree-chopping, and if you've worked long and hard on your town it can be devastating. But you'd have to be really distracted, or *completely* panic to have a lot chopped down. On the other hand, nice flower arrangements or rare flowers are easy to kill, and one second of running could cost you a month's worth of waiting for hybrids to grow.

So what do you do to protect yourself from all this scary stuff?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The solutions:

First line of defense: There's a wonderful function built into the game. During Wi-fi, you can press start and hit "Party's over." This will immediately kick everyone except you out of your town. If a visitor has started acting up but hasn't caused much real damage, this will stop them immediately.

Second line of defense: Turning off the power without saving. If your town has already taken more damage than you'd like to bother fixing, something valuable has been stolen, or you've been seeded, just hit the power switch. A mole might come yell at you for not saving, but he sure as heck won't chop any trees or seed you.

If worst comes to worst and you find yourself standing in the middle of a crime-in-progress in your hometown, these are your only recourses. But the prevention is better than the cure, so here's what you can do to stop it from ever happening in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerk-proofing the 'hood

Never accept seeds. Goes without saying for some, but never take these, and if you know someone has them, don't even put them on your roster.

Check ratings. By clicking their name you can look at their profile and see what other users have said about them. If someone has not yet been rated, go ahead and let them in anyway - just follow the precautions listed. Ratings can't always be taken at face value, though - there are some people who will rate inaccurately. For instance, if someone drops a bad word, some people will give them 5 stars for Family Friendly anyway, just because they aren't personally offended by bad words and had fun with the person. Or, there's Revenge Ratings - if Joe schmoe was being a jerk and got kicked out of Suzie's town, or Suzie gave him an honest bad rating, or even if Suzie said something nasty to his friend, Joe might lie and make up stories about how evil Suzie was, and how she hacks seeds and swore on his bulletin board and stuck a museum on his town gate so he had to buy a new cartridge. So Joe gives Suzie a one-star rating and RUINS her reputation just to soothe his ego. DON'T DO THIS. It's not nice. Think about what you're doing - people can never erase these ratings and it can make others not want to Wi-fi with them. Be mature, bite the bullet and rate people honestly. When about to wi-fi with someone, you can usually tell if their bad rating is a revenge rating in two ways:

- Do they have only a few bad ratings saying they did bad things, along with many more saying they're good clean players?

- Check the person who gave them the bad rating. Did the person you're considering Wi-fi-ing with give the rater a bad rating? If so, SOMEONE here has rated for revenge.

Keep your roster clean. As soon as you open your gates, anyone on your roster can come into your town. So if you're having someone over, DON'T HAVE ANYONE SUSPICIOUS ON YOUR ROSTER! If someone missed your first meeting, delete them UNTIL they can meet you again. If someone has some bad ratings, don't have them on your roster all the time. While you wi-fi, only have people you already know and trust on your roster. Which leads us to:

Don't accept random FCs. Think about it. Someone you've never spoken to has just requested your FC. Who are they? Why did they choose you? Do you even have anything in common? Reject it! Everyone who sends you a request is NOT your friend, and don't be afraid that you'll seem rude. Only have someone on your list if you've spoken to them over the boards and they seem to be trustworthy. If you start to feel suspicious of them for any reason, don't let them in.

Clean up. Don't have anything laying around that someone can steal. This includes burying valuables. Buy a wardrobe and you can hold 90 items out of sight. If you've run out of space there, put 'em in letters and save them at the post office, or make a second character so you can hold ANOTHER 90 items. Don't leave anything valuable where a thief can get to it. It's your choice whether this includes Hybrids or not - for some, putting their flowers away might defeat the purpose of having them. If you feel this way, you can probably fall back on the other methods and still stay safe, but dropped items are much harder to keep track of.

If someone asks to save, wait. Often, if someone has stolen something or seeded, they'll ask you to save so the damage will be permanent. Before you save, run inside and come back out: this will "activate" any seeds that have been dropped, making them visible. Now run to every square inch of your town and check it out. If something is gone or if something is in a weird place, turn off the power.

That's how to stay safe. Don't get seeded!

HI =) Sorry if this is an old topic, but i saw it and had to post. Animal Crossing is one of my fave games for DS, and I've got some helpful tips for those who are new to the game, or those who are old fans.

#1: Bug hunting. We all love Bells, and we all like to have lots of them. Sometimes they can be hard to get, so this is one of my ways I like to get them. Summertime is the best time to hunt, particularly in the morning. Also, to me it seems that mch rarer bugs appear in heavy rain, and thunder. If you can bear these harsh conditions, you'll be in for a treat. Giant beetles and scarabs appear, along with rainbow stags(my favorite). Also, try planting a few palm trees- you can catch GREAT bugs on them. (\^/)

\ (-) /

/ ^ \ (Sorry, I'm bad at art.)

#2: H.R.A. HRA, as I'm sure you know, is the happy room academy, and they evealuate your skill in furniture design. Usually, rarer items, like photos of your friends are a great way to boost it, but you could try a full set of items. I prefer the exotic set, but you can try anything. Be creative! :mellow:

I use ARDS (Action Replay Ds) It lets you cheat in the game and have ANYTHING you want!

Mine broke, and I gave up because I was mad, and I stopped playing for like a month..

I've gone by 3 Animal Crossing: Wild World game chips (yes I have 3, and 1 doesn't work)

I've used, ...and broke :p 6 ARDS's XD

Now, I need a new ARDS... My town is still awsome, and I have wi-fi. So if anyone wants to wi-fi, just pm me, and I'll give you ALL the bills you want!! (I have more then 999,999,999.) :)

FYI: The ARDS actually lets you carry rocks, and trees in your pockets! :D You can drop them on cement or anywhere, and it lets you drop buildings (aka, musiums, houses, nook's etc...) anywhere!!

I'm NOT evil, I'm nice, and use my ards powers to give to all!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back