Authors

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~»tamagirl101«~

Reaction score
Is anyone an author? I am. I write short stories, long stories, many poems, and plays. I also got to direct a play for my school's drama. It was pretty fun getting to boss older kids arond, lol! So is anyone else an author? :D

Um....

There is a HUGE difference between being an author and a writer.

Author; You are a GREAT writer was lots of talent, has stories published, and is known by at least a couple hundred people.

Writer; A writer is somebody who is either writing for fun, or is practicing to be a writer. This writer might actually be good at writing, or they might really stink.

A writer spends their time writing different kinds of writing, but each story takes time. Well, unless they stink of course.

Directing a drama play?? Whats that have anything to do with writing...? Unless you wrote the play, it doesn't give you any karma points.

As much as I'm sure you're a fairly good writer, you're probably not nearly close to ready for writing an actual story and getting it published.

Though some kids are......and you might even be. I cannot judge 'till I see a piece of your work.

Toodles. (Remind me not to say that again...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I wrote the play and I am getting a poem published. I have written actual stories. A teacher of mine, who published a book, says that she would like to publish some of my work.

Yes, I wrote the play and I am getting a poem published. I have written actual stories. A teacher of mine, who published a book, says that she would like to publish some of my work.
Ok, lemme be perfectly clear.

For one, you're poem has to be accepted to be published and just because you're 'going to get it published' doesn't mean that it'll actually happen, and lots of people don't even end up doing.

And though somebody says they'd like to publish your work, it doesn't mean its nearly ready yet. Trust me. I've published three poems (I'm not naming them, so don't ask nosy-pants) so I know alot about the publishing buisnuss. It takes alot of work, and your poem/story has to be VERY good. OK...so you've written stories?? Are they published? No. Not until then can you say your a true author.

Thats the honest truth, so don't go whining to me. Toodles!

I am. I've typed a hundred page story before and I've written many many fanfics. ^^;

Typing/writing's just a stress reliever for me, since I'm not really into sports.

I'm not an author.

I'm a writer :] Rather a demented one, tbh.

One day I'll finish one of the random plots and stuff that I write down...

Well, I like to write. And I got my poem published in the Young American's Poetry Digest book. I'm currently working on a story that I started two years ago, and I've now realized how much I have improved. My story made no sense (they're going to this school, and at first it was a new school, and by the second chapter they had been their last year) and it was just really badly written. I'm going to go through it and re-write it. It's a good thing I only got to the third chapter; I wouldn't want to be re-writing an entire book!

I LOVE to write and when I grow up I want to be an author!

I LOVE TO WRITE I LOVE TO WRITE

Have I made myself clear?

I LOVE TO WRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, lemme be perfectly clear. 

For one, you're poem has to be accepted to be published and just because you're 'going to get it published' doesn't mean that it'll actually happen, and lots of people don't even end up doing.

And though somebody says they'd like to publish your work, it doesn't mean its nearly ready yet. Trust me. I've published three poems (I'm not naming them, so don't ask nosy-pants) so I know alot about the publishing buisnuss. It takes alot of work, and your poem/story has to be VERY good. OK...so you've written stories?? Are they published? No. Not until then can you say your a true author.

Thats the honest truth, so don't go whining to me. Toodles!
Technical much?

Just take it as it is. She likes to write, we get the point.

Heh, I've written a poem or two for school- not very good but hey, it's a grade. xP I'm just not of the writing type. Although, I did think my one page paper for school was pretty ok. ^^;

I'm a writer. I like to write songs, but I've lost my touch with stories. But I would love to be an author someday.

I won this writing contest when I was 8 when it was supposed to be for ages 10 - 14, but I only got 3rd place, lol.

Yup.... You're looking at one of them right here. I create storys about a girl who journeys to fight evil with a sword. Just like the Legend of Zelda GAmes!!

Um... I have wriiten comics based on Kingdom Hearts... thats more like drawing though- they arent published or anything- I just doodle them on my assignment pad when no one is looking.

I have met an author though when I was in 2nd grade- MArgie Palentine. I bought one of her books (Zak's Lunch) and she signed it. That was about 5 years ago. I still have the book.

Latest posts

Back