Have U read "Red Tears" by Joanna Kennrick?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tama*chic*101

Reaction score
Has anyone read "Red Tears" by Joanna Kennrick? I have and thought it was really good. My friend has aswell and she thought the same, but I read the prologue to some of my classmates and they thought it was gross.

It's about a girl in her GCSE year who finds she can't cope with all the work and when she falls out with her friends she almost gives up and resorts to self-harm. But it's a secret. No one must find out. But, who can keep a secret for so long?

Has anyone read "Red Tears" by Joanna Kennrick? I have and thought it was really good. My friend has aswell and she thought the same, but I read the prologue to some of my classmates and they thought it was gross.
It's about a girl in her GCSE year who finds she can't cope with all the work and when she falls out with her friends she almost gives up and resorts to self-harm. But it's a secret. No one must find out. But, who can keep a secret for so long?
Sounds good. *im too tired to read*

I really like it. It's the best book ever, cos I can identify with all of it (except the GCSE part).

If U R squeamish, don't read any further.

The prologue is the bit which makes me cry cos I've been in that situation loads. The last two lines are the worst. I always cry when I get to them. *sob*

Prologue

I open the box.

Inside it is softness and steel. Tissues and blades.

I carefully remove a blade and lay it to one side. Then I take out six tissues and place them by my arm, ready.

I strech out my left arm, examining it for a spare patch of skin.

A patch not already marked by scars.

Then I pick up a blade.

In this moment, I am calm. I know what to do. The overwhelming feelings are suspended.

I draw the blade across my arm. Blood springs to the surface.

I sit back, watching the blood run down my arm before reaching for the tissues to prevent the blood from staining my clothes.

I dab at the wound, tenderly, caring.

I feel so much better.

I know that tomorrow I will feel stupid. I will look at my arm and feel so disappointed in myself. I have let everyone down again.

I don't do this because I like it.

I do it because I don't know what else to do.

I've read that novel.

I found it really interesting, and it kept sucking me in. Everytime i put it down i picked it back up again. :furawatchi:

Latest posts

Back