Photo
- - - - -

A TamaTalk contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:48 AM ( #1 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
For those who are relatively new to the site, we used to have a regular series of contests where we gave away a bunch of free Tamagotchi pets (donated by Bandai). Buying a bunch of tamas to give away can get expensive. Bandai hasn't been as giving lately with their donations for contests (but we still LOVE them). I would still like to do contests though. The problem? I'm not made of money. Solution? FInd another way to get prizes.

I have been talking to my friends over at LinkJudge to see if I could sweet talk them into working with us on something. This would be something that helps us get some prizes and helps LinkJudge get some more attention. I asked if, as a group, we could come up with some contest to start the freebies again. They asked "What kind of contests?" and "what kind of prizes?" And that's where I drew a blank. I had absolutely zero ideas. DOH!

So I figured the best way to fix that is by asking you! What kinds of prizes would you want to win? What kinds of contests to try and win them? Any ideas?

Admin

Replies

Views

Started

24 Oct 2007

Last Post

07 Dec 2008

Star Tama

• star-tama user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:28 PM ( #2 )

Will this contest be on TT or LinkJudge?

Any way that's not really important. A contest...? Hmm...image contest...not very original. There's a limited number of things to do on the computer. How about the best riddle?

I'm not sure what the prize could be (if that's one of the things you were wondering about). I like the sound of the best riddle. Of coarse you need to know the answer. The one you find most challenging is the winner!

EDIT: Probably tamagotchi related is best.

Edited by Star Tama, 24 October 2007 - 12:33 PM.

ljr1996tamagotchifreakboy

• ljr1996tamagotchifreakboy user photo

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:56 PM ( #3 )

How about who can draw the best tamagotchi? Or if not who has the most knowledge on Tamagotchis so a Tamaquiz?

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:11 PM ( #4 )

Oops! Forgot to mention that you can check out old contests over here for some ideas!

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:13 PM ( #5 )

How about "best customized Tamagotchi"? A contest where people decorate their Tamagotchi with paint, decals, and such.

Or...

How about "best Tamagotchi spoof of a music video or song"? For example take Madonna's "I'm a material girl" and rewrite it to be "I'm a Tamagotchi girl".

Or...

How about "submit a drawing of what you think TamaTalk Admin looks like"? :furawatchi:

ljr1996tamagotchifreakboy

• ljr1996tamagotchifreakboy user photo

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:20 PM ( #6 )

Actually Binary's last idea seems the best!

tenniswinner

• tenniswinner user photo
  • December 2007 Contest Winner
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:22 PM ( #7 )

I recently found out that some Version 1 tamagotchis are going for $100 on eBay and are not sold in stores anymore. You could get some of those for prizes. ;)

Or you could get some merchandise such as a tamagotchi phone cover, or a tamagotchi pillow or something.

I like the song spoof idea by binary. Or we could have a Tamagotchi fashion show where you could design virtual clothing and put them on tamagotchis and see who has the best design.

Tama*Lover

• tamalover user photo

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:28 PM ( #8 )

Are these contests going to be held on TamaTalk, or LinkJudge?

Well, we could use a new TamaGuide badge if you want, Admin ;)

Or, we could make a tamagotchi parody of a song. Let's just say we wanted to change Umbrella to a tamagotchi theme of it. The chorus would go like this, then:

Tamagotchi gotchi gotchi gotchi tchi tchi tchi

or something like that. You shouldn't pick a song, because the member's should be able to pick it themselves and then show it to you via e-mail.

paper*cut

• papercut user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:26 AM ( #9 )

HaHa Binarys last one was cool!

And it would be cool to do a contest like "best tamagotchi video"
Or new best new tamagotchi!
Or your own tamagotchi version

......Yea

DDDTrooper

• dddtrooper user photo

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:17 AM ( #10 )

How about "best customized Tamagotchi"?  A contest where people decorate their Tamagotchi with paint, decals, and such.

Or...

How about "best Tamagotchi spoof of a music video or song"?  For example take Madonna's "I'm a material girl" and rewrite it to be "I'm a Tamagotchi girl".

Or...

How about "submit a drawing of what you think TamaTalk Admin looks like"?  :P

Yeah those are some pretty good ideas. :(

-DDDTrooper

Edited by DDDTrooper, 25 October 2007 - 08:18 AM.

Rensa

• rensa user photo

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:02 AM ( #11 )

Hmm... I've got a good idea for the prize... A trip around the globe? :( Or a job in BanDai? Or... hmm... an aeroplane? Like the sound of that one :(

As for the actual contest... who can figure out the meaning of tamagotchi life lol...

TigerLily013

• tigerlily013 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:32 AM ( #12 )

Hmm... I've got a good idea for the prize... A trip around the globe? :( Or a job in BanDai? Or... hmm... an aeroplane? Like the sound of that one :(

As for the actual contest... who can figure out the meaning of tamagotchi life lol...

Well the job at Bandai wouldn't work since Admin doesn't work for Bandai and noone around here does, so how would the job work?

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:55 AM ( #13 )

Those are some really cool ideas! I like those a lot...

I REALLY like them actually. :(

What about prizes? What kinds of things would be of interest (ahem... and affordable! :( LOL )? All tama related? Other stuff?

As far as if it will be held here or at LinkJudge... It would be held here. Just sponsored by LinkJudge or in cooperation with LinkJudge is more like it. I am working to get them involved so they (naturally) have some interest in spreading the word about that site too.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:57 AM ( #14 )

One last note... I recognize (and love) the fact that the tama community involves many sites besides TamaTalk... Should we invite other sites to participate? It might complicate things a bit. But we are all part of the same community anyways since we all share a love of all things tama. Any opinions on that?

Tamasweet2

• tamasweet2 user photo

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:55 PM ( #15 )

That's a good idea! Then we get MORE ideas!
For prizes:

~Can you assoiciate with BanDai and let the prize-winner have at least 3 extra games on Tamagotchi Town?
But then again, how would you do that??

~A chance to meet one of the staff members of their choice

~Oh, I got nothing more..

Contests:

~ Tamagotchi Costume Contest
- We can mail you (Admin) our costumes which can be homemade, or something else, and we separate them into groups:
a. The Coolest Ones
b. The Scariest Ones
c. The Prettiest Ones
d. Etc....
Then TamaTalk chooses the one winner from the groups! Good Idea? Or no?

Don't have a clue what I'm talking about? Tell me please, because I have a feeling someone out there doesn't get me at all!!!

Love Always,
tamasweet2

Tamapal3000

• tamapal3000 user photo

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:47 PM ( #16 )

One last note... I recognize (and love) the fact that the tama community involves many sites besides TamaTalk... Should we invite other sites to participate? It might complicate things a bit. But we are all part of the same community anyways since we all share a love of all things tama. Any opinions on that?

Hello Admin,

I have a question on that. Are you talking about other active tamagotchi forums participating in on this when you said "Should we invite other sites to participate?" Can you go a bit in-depth on that as in on how TamaTalk would do that?
-----------------
Contest Ideas:
I think the creation of new characters would be a good idea and the prize could be that BanDai can create the winning character a real tamagotchi character on a futer version? Just an idea. :D

//Tamapal3000

Rey Mysterio

• rey-mysterio user photo

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:39 AM ( #17 )

For the contest, maybe to design a tama shell? Like, get a templete, and we decorate it.
And, for the prize, maybe Angelgotchi membership- not all people really like tamas anymore.

tenniswinner

• tenniswinner user photo
  • December 2007 Contest Winner
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:18 AM ( #18 )

For the contest, maybe to design a tama shell? Like, get a templete, and we decorate it.
And, for the prize, maybe Angelgotchi membership- not all people really like tamas anymore.

Ooh, me like! :nazotchi:
I've always wanted one of those memberships but my mum won't let me send in any money. That would be a wonderful prize, I think. :mellow:

Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

• xx-tama-girl-beth-xx user photo

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:34 PM ( #19 )

TamaTalk Contest? Awesome.

Well, for the contest, maybe we could create another family of Tamagotchi. You know, there's Memetchi, Kuchipatchi and Mametchi as the main ones in the families (in the V4 anyway), so maybe we could design a Tamagotchi like that for another family? I don't know if that made sense, I hope it did. :furawatchi:

As for the prize, I think Rey Mysterio's idea of an Angelgotchi membership is good. Like tenniswinner said, my mum will also not allow me to send in money for the site. :furawatchi:

Also, maybe the prize could consist of 2 things. The winner gets to choose between 2 Tamagotchi versions (maybe V3 or V4, as I imagine they are 2 of the easiest versions to get hold of), if they want a Tamagotchi-related prize. Or, an Angelgotchi membership if they aren't thrilled by the idea of a Tamagotchi prize. :)

Edited by Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX, 26 October 2007 - 02:34 PM.

Tama*Lover

• tamalover user photo

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:57 PM ( #20 )

Sure :) I don't mind a little competition ;)

Well, we could keep the Angelgotchi prize :D