Photo
- - - - -

A TamaTalk contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mametchi 4ever

• mametchi-4ever user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:35 PM ( #21 )

The tama shell idea is very good. And then the winner has a chance to be able to get it into a REAL design on a REAL tama toy, Admin could sent it to Bandai, and see what they think.
The prize could be.. a free lifetime angelgotchi, or perhaps a tamagotchi doll from Target of your choice.

Tama*Lover

• tamalover user photo

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:05 PM ( #22 )

Well, yes. The tamagotchi shell design is a good idea, except I have no ideas in mind for a tamagotchi shell design contest >D

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:11 AM ( #23 )

Despite the fact that TamaTalk is expanding into Non TamaTalk areas, I think Admin is right that our love of tamas is what originally made this site successful and (mostly) what still draws a lot of new members looking for information and tama friends.
So a Tama related contest seems like the best idea (this time around anyway).

I think the idea of a template shell that ppl can download and submit their designs on is a good one - it's been used before (on Tama-Zone I think).
It was a great idea then, and still is.

We have close links with the staff at TZ (several of them have been - or still are - TamaTalk Guides) so perhaps we could discuss it with them to see if they mind - in fact, we could even make it a TT/TZ joint competition if they were willing... so many TT members are also members of TZ.

The idea of offering prizes that Admin does not have to go out and buy, beg or borrow is excellent - something like a LifeTime Angelgotchi membership for the winner and 3 general Angelgotchi memberships as runner up prizes?

It also overcomes the fact that with members in countries all over the world, there's no postage/delivery costs involved with sending out a prize (and so, no danger of stuff getting lost in the international airmail system), no need to approach BanDai asking them to donate some more freebies to TamaTalk...

(On a side note, as it's a long time since they have offered TT anything in the way of prizes ... maybe they would be able to "spare" 4 of the latest V4.5 shell designs as prizes?
After all, they did approach Admin and ask TamaTalkers about the American V4s recently Bandai Wants to Know so we did provide them with a bit of free consumer research... is that enough to "owe us" a favour?)

Star Tama

• star-tama user photo

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:07 AM ( #24 )

Well there a few holidays is on the way.

Why not the best tamagotchi design theme? Like Christmas, Halloween, Fireworks night (if you're English) or even Easter!

Prizes I am as stuck as ever! I suppose something tamagotchi related is best.

tamagotchiversion3

• tamagotchiversion3 user photo

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:57 PM ( #25 )

How about contest for best tamagotchi invention idea? Like what new accessories should they make for tama's? Winner could get 1 (or 2) tamas of their choice (any kind of tama whether old version or new versions)

tamaw/pants

• tamawpants user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:07 PM ( #26 )

Contest? Yay! I've been waiting for another one. :marumimitchi:

About the angelgotchi- well, some people already are angelgotchies and that would really do anything for them.

I think it'd be cool if we joint-competition with TZ BUT, some members would get twice the chance because they are members of both communities. If I joined there, I could enter here as well as at TZ, increasing my chances which isn't really fair.

[Can staffers enter too?]

Filter

• filter user photo

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:18 PM ( #27 )

How about..
Create a new tamagotchi shell design, using a template, (I'm sure somebody could draw that!),and colour it in, on the computer or on paper, using the template by printing it out? :D
I'm not sure of a prize.

Edited by Filter, 29 October 2007 - 02:18 PM.

batman10100

• batman10100 user photo

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:16 PM ( #28 )

filters kinda right cause you know

Crowfrost

• crowfrost user photo

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:22 PM ( #29 )

I like, Haha. My 'rents wouldn't let me give out my address anyway if I did win a Tamagotchi, I am sure many people are the same way too ^.^

A few ideas for the contests

~ Tamagotchi Template, I am sure someone could draw one, (Bonus: Animated too! Animating can be simple and easy with a tool like GIMP:))
~ A new 'Angelgotchi' badge (IT seems, old.)
~ Best Tamagotchi character design
~ Tamagotchi song remake (Ie: Big Tama's don't cry or That's what Tamagotchi's do)
~ Tamagotchi Poem (T-Tamagotchi Happiness A-Awesome dealies) or whatever.

Prizes:

~ (Lifetime)Angelgotchi badge
~ Free Tamagotchi plushi? (New!)
~ Tamagotchi Charms
~ Recongnition under avatar [Contest winner! Insert contest here]
~ More PM space? (BWHAHAHAHA)

I like some of your ideas, Maybe halloween themed too!

Rey Mysterio

• rey-mysterio user photo

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:33 AM ( #30 )

I like, Haha. My 'rents wouldn't let me give out my address anyway if I did win a Tamagotchi

That's a really good point. I like TM's idea about the angelgotchi thing.

TamaGirl4Ever

• tamagirl4ever user photo

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:12 AM ( #31 )

Hmm.. well I sorta like the idea of designing a new angelgotchi badge. That or the song remake.

:lol: TG4E

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:54 AM ( #32 )

I like, Haha. My 'rents wouldn't let me give out my address anyway if I did win a Tamagotchi, I am sure many people are the same way too ^.^

If you are ever having something mailed to you from someone you met online, use your mom's or dad's (or other close relative's) name and work address (with their permission.)

tamaturtle

• tamaturtle user photo

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:12 AM ( #33 )

i think admin said at one point look out for a new tama guide badge contest.

in fact admn did. here is the link : http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=107573

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:45 AM ( #34 )

Postage always starts to add up... If people would like an angelgotchi membership (or something equivalent that gives a badge + extra PM space like the angelgotchi folks have) that would work even better. I wanted to get an idea for what would be something that people got excited about winning. Unfortunately, asking Bandai for more prizes is out... It feels like begging after so long. That's all good though. If we want a physical prize we can figure something out for that too.

EW have some great ideas here... Now the hardest part might be figuring out how many contests to do! :lol: :lol:

Any last comments or suggestions?

Admin

PS - I totally slacked on getting the Guide badge contest going... MY sincere apologies to members and Guides. :lol:

tamaturtle

• tamaturtle user photo

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:53 AM ( #35 )

no worrys.

and i would love to be a angelgotchi or summit similar! i wouldn't mind a bit!

paper*cut

• papercut user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:54 PM ( #36 )

I good prize is the winner gets to be a Moderator :]]

Acid~Rain

• acidrain user photo

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:03 PM ( #37 )

I good prize is the winner gets to be a Moderator :]]

Actually that wouldn't be a fair Prize.
Moderators are Chosen because Of How Helpful and ect they are. Not because they Won A contest. If That was the Case, Then Forums like this would likely be Swarmed with Mods.
Think about it. :(
What If a TT'er with Unfortunate(Bad) Karma happend to win? Admin Choose's Whom he thinks should be Mods. Contests Don't.
Now, Don't Get me wrong, It is a Nice thought, But It Wouldn't work for TT.
----

I like that "Tamagotchi Template" Idea. Sounds Awesome. ^^
Also, Another good Idea would be to like...I dunno. "Tamagotchi of the Future...2020" Like, People could draw/design What they think the Tamagotchi would look like in the future.

taurenking176

• taurenking176 user photo

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:45 PM ( #38 )

Best name contest.
The prize could be a rare tamagotchi.

tamaturtle

• tamaturtle user photo

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:31 PM ( #39 )

how would u get a rare tama 4 a prize???

Crowfrost

• crowfrost user photo

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:38 PM ( #40 )

Best name contest.
The prize could be a rare tamagotchi.

The problem with that, if you mean user name, is that you can't change it; and that wouldn't be very fair now would it?