Photo
- - - - -

A TamaTalk contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lukie99

• lukie99 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:11 PM ( #81 )

Here's my idea:

Make-a-gotchi Contest!

Hello ladies and gents, today we will be holding the Make-a-gotchi contest! The rules are simple: Create your own tamagotchi character! With background information as well, like its favourite food and favourite sport or you can go as far as to telling how the gotchi came to be! Get creative, and try your best! The winner would recieve ... Lol, I totally don't know... But it'll be something awesome (I'm sure) ;)

Lol sorry for the whole "Congratulationssssssssssssssssssssssss come on down!" kind of post. I thought it'd add character :P

EDIT: Extra info:
- Gotchis could be drawn or made of clay or other means too
- The prize obviously has to give the winner a tamagotchi.
- Maybe other prizes like posters of the tamagotchi's would be a good idea to!

PS: I'm not really sure if the characters inside a tamagotchi are called tamagotchis (I know, it's like an oxy moron but still) or gotchis.

Edited by lukie99, 06 December 2007 - 07:14 PM.

romantictam

• romantictam user photo

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:22 PM ( #82 )

Well, they should have the next tamagotchi version and post it before it is out for public to buy! Like the V5 for Christmas, instead of January!

Mametchi_411

• mametchi-411 user photo

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:39 PM ( #83 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
For those who are relatively new to the site, we used to have a regular series of contests where we gave away a bunch of free Tamagotchi pets (donated by Bandai). Buying a bunch of tamas to give away can get expensive. Bandai hasn't been as giving lately with their donations for contests (but we still LOVE them). I would still like to do contests though. The problem? I'm not made of money. Solution? FInd another way to get prizes.

I have been talking to my friends over at LinkJudge to see if I could sweet talk them into working with us on something. This would be something that helps us get some prizes and helps LinkJudge get some more attention. I asked if, as a group, we could come up with some contest to start the freebies again. They asked "What kind of contests?" and "what kind of prizes?" And that's where I drew a blank. I had absolutely zero ideas. DOH!

So I figured the best way to fix that is by asking you! What kinds of prizes would you want to win? What kinds of contests to try and win them? Any ideas?

Admin

Well,

Maybe you could have a missilanious series, so...

you could find serveral random items around your house...you know. Some others could be donating...
just a thought

'metchi :D

Mametchi_411

• mametchi-411 user photo

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:40 PM ( #84 )

people also could just create something...you know, and sign them.

the guides could draw something, and sign it!

kupatchithelover

• kupatchithelover user photo

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:36 PM ( #85 )

i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE contests so i always have a few ideas handy:

1.submit a design of what you think a v6 cover and antenna  will be like. also enter new ideas for the v6 and the v6 tamatown. prize:v5s for you and your friends.and your ideas will be shown on the v6.
2.if you are a tama collector enter pictures of your collection.the best collection wins 4 tamas for their collection
3.make a song about tamas (i always make up tama songs) the prize is:your song will shown on the next commercial.
4.submit ideas for the next contest.if you win you can get any kind of electronic pet that you want (mutsu included!)

PLEASE PLEASE USE MY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i got a few ideas but now i got more. and the adim where are you? you got 6 pages of ideas isnt it time to LOOK AT THEM????ok here we go

1.create new ideas 4 tamatalk (skins,avatars,colors,etc.) prize:??????
2.make a whole new kinda tama. make its designs,games,backround,anntennee,character(as many as u want),etc. prize:?????
3.design a tamatown.make what the mall,tamaking placace,arcade,travel,etc. prize:?????
4.design a tamagotchi game it can be a board game,video game,computer game,etc. prize:have the game made and sold in stores.you get to get the first one.

Rey Mysterio

• rey-mysterio user photo

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:26 AM ( #86 )

Erm.. guys. ^^ There's a contest in the Contest forum- check it out!

jgoreham

• jgoreham user photo

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:51 AM ( #87 )

There's a lot of interesting contest ideas, mostly design-based, but frankly, we're not all artistic B) I'd like to suggest the occasional contest that encourages cleverness, like a scavenger hunt on TamaTalk (go on different bits of the forum to find information or a specific picture of something) or maybe a Tamagotchi quiz?

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:12 AM ( #88 )

Yes we recognize that not everyone is talented in every way, so our plan is to hold a series of contests, alternating between different types: drawing, poetry, scavenger hunt, etc.

As for prizes, right now the only doable idea is TamaTalk Angelgotchi membership. TamaTalk isn't a money-making business, so the prizes have to be something that doesn't actually cost us $$$ - neither to purchase nor to mail to the winner.

megaman23

• megaman23 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:00 PM ( #89 )

Wow, That's great binary! :) But since I'm already a Lifetime angelotchi, I guess there is nothing to worry about! xD

paper*cut

• papercut user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:38 PM ( #90 )

Yes we recognize that not everyone is talented in every way, so our plan is to hold a series of contests, alternating between different types: drawing, poetry, scavenger hunt, etc.

As for prizes, right now the only doable idea is TamaTalk Angelgotchi membership. TamaTalk isn't a money-making business, so the prizes have to be something that doesn't actually cost us $$$ - neither to purchase nor to mail to the winner.

Binary is so coral :)

-sims2tamacofee-

• sims2tamacofee user photo

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:49 PM ( #91 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
For those who are relatively new to the site, we used to have a regular series of contests where we gave away a bunch of free Tamagotchi pets (donated by Bandai). Buying a bunch of tamas to give away can get expensive. Bandai hasn't been as giving lately with their donations for contests (but we still LOVE them). I would still like to do contests though. The problem? I'm not made of money. Solution? FInd another way to get prizes.

I have been talking to my friends over at LinkJudge to see if I could sweet talk them into working with us on something. This would be something that helps us get some prizes and helps LinkJudge get some more attention. I asked if, as a group, we could come up with some contest to start the freebies again. They asked "What kind of contests?" and "what kind of prizes?" And that's where I drew a blank. I had absolutely zero ideas. DOH!

So I figured the best way to fix that is by asking you! What kinds of prizes would you want to win? What kinds of contests to try and win them? Any ideas?

Admin

how about a tama character designing contest?

MangaFalzy

• mangafalzy user photo

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:00 PM ( #92 )

I think the contest should be either an animation image contest, a video contest, or a funny saying contest, (ex:Help! The Heavy Tourist Pinched My Kitten!!!) and the prizes shoud be older tamas like ver. 1 or 2!

jgoreham

• jgoreham user photo

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:29 AM ( #93 )

I work in the heritage sector, so all the places i work are not-for-profit, and I totally get what you're saying about prizes needing to be things that work within a budget (namely, a 'doesn't cost us anything' budget- my budget's the same!). Has Tamatalk considered approaching places other than Bandai itself to donate prizes? I bet there's some specialty online retailers who would be happy to throw a few tamas or tama-related merch Tamatalk's way should they receive adequate complementary ad space on the site ("This contest's prize is graciously donated by www.onlineretailer.com, the place to go for all your 'Gotchi needs!" with a banner/graphic of some sort, something like that).

*LoVeLy.SwAn.23*

• lovelyswan23 user photo

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:06 PM ( #94 )

For the contest, a new picture that expresses what you like about tamagotchi's to put as "Picture of the month"
I'd like a small badge at the bottom, like what you win after you beat the games in the arcade!
It makes me feel "honored" :)

*edit: A few changes

Edited by *LoVeLy.SwAn.23*, 28 December 2007 - 06:11 PM.

~kawaii-chibi~

• kawaii-chibi user photo

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:28 AM ( #95 )

what about "how does it look inside the tamagotchi?" drawing contest?
i think of my tamagotchi egg as my pet's home :ph34r: , so i just imagine what it looks like inside. ^_^. what abt a contest for drawing the tma's home? (egg)

..........that's just me ^_^

ribbo

• ribbo user photo

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:25 AM ( #96 )

Hm, well- How about making a drawing of the new tamagotchi, the design and new characters! Anything unique.

Thats my Idea.

kutchipatchi08807

• kutchipatchi08807 user photo

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:28 AM ( #97 )

How about maybe a "best tamagotchi character couples" contest where for example: scince mametchi and mimitchi are always so brainy they would make the perfect couple.

Em.N.Em Lover

• emnem-lover user photo

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:29 AM ( #98 )

what about "how does it look inside the tamagotchi?" drawing contest?
i think of my tamagotchi egg as my pet's home :unsure: , so i just imagine what it looks like inside. :). what abt a contest for drawing the tma's home? (egg)

..........that's just me :(

I really like this idea!

Twinklesolit

• twinklesolit user photo

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:19 PM ( #99 )

Maybe, as the Familitama is realeased, we could make a main character, then add the other family, including the pet!I don't know what the prize could be, maybe a pixelated version of the family? I mean a animation of them all walking aroung the 'screen'?

Mini 500

• mini-500 user photo

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:44 PM ( #100 )

How about "best customized Tamagotchi"? A contest where people decorate their Tamagotchi with paint, decals, and such.

Or...

How about "best Tamagotchi spoof of a music video or song"? For example take Madonna's "I'm a material girl" and rewrite it to be "I'm a Tamagotchi girl".

Or...

How about "submit a drawing of what you think TamaTalk Admin looks like"? :)

I agree with you binary