Photo
- - - - -

A TamaTalk contest?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mametchi360

• mametchi360 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:00 PM ( #141 )

How about who can draw the best tamagotchi? Or if not who has the most knowledge on Tamagotchis so a Tamaquiz?

I like that idea,that would make a great contest.

Roar The Tiger

• roar-the-tiger user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:48 PM ( #142 )

Despite the fact that TamaTalk is expanding into Non TamaTalk areas, I think Admin is right that our love of tamas is what originally made this site successful and (mostly) what still draws a lot of new members looking for information and tama friends.
So a Tama related contest seems like the best idea (this time around anyway).

I think the idea of a template shell that ppl can download and submit their designs on is a good one - it's been used before (on Tama-Zone I think).
It was a great idea then, and still is.

We have close links with the staff at TZ (several of them have been - or still are - TamaTalk Guides) so perhaps we could discuss it with them to see if they mind - in fact, we could even make it a TT/TZ joint competition if they were willing... so many TT members are also members of TZ.

The idea of offering prizes that Admin does not have to go out and buy, beg or borrow is excellent - something like a LifeTime Angelgotchi membership for the winner and 3 general Angelgotchi memberships as runner up prizes?

It also overcomes the fact that with members in countries all over the world, there's no postage/delivery costs involved with sending out a prize (and so, no danger of stuff getting lost in the international airmail system), no need to approach BanDai asking them to donate some more freebies to TamaTalk...

(On a side note, as it's a long time since they have offered TT anything in the way of prizes ... maybe they would be able to "spare" 4 of the latest V4.5 shell designs as prizes?
After all, they did approach Admin and ask TamaTalkers about the American V4s recently Bandai Wants to Know so we did provide them with a bit of free consumer research... is that enough to "owe us" a favour?)

I'll enter anything if it has something to do with drawing. Nuff' Sed.

violetchi_garden

• violetchi-garden user photo

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:51 PM ( #143 )

how about drawing a picture of the first day the tamas go back to school?
the prize could be a tamagotchi plush.(they're getting pretty hard to find now though. I remember when my target was full of them.)
:angry:

glowtama

• glowtama user photo

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:51 PM ( #144 )

Those are some really cool ideas! I like those a lot...

I REALLY like them actually. ;)

What about prizes? What kinds of things would be of interest (ahem... and affordable! :D LOL )? All tama related? Other stuff?

As far as if it will be held here or at LinkJudge... It would be held here. Just sponsored by LinkJudge or in cooperation with LinkJudge is more like it. I am working to get them involved so they (naturally) have some interest in spreading the word about that site too.

maybe some prizes cann be tama backpacks or bed covers or a hat or something id really like a backpack :huh: :(

sanasuhail

• sanasuhail user photo

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:22 AM ( #145 )

I think that tamagotchis are the best for prizes beacuse I don't have a Tamagotchi and I feel very weird that I love tamagotchis and don't have one. I also want to know how to enter contests. Also, I never win and luckily, if I do win, I might get a Tamagotchi!

Sincrely,
^_^

(P.S. Umm.. Binary? I gave you my choice for the September contes by PM two to three days ago, and still you haven't posted it in the forum. I really want to win, and if you get my choice, I have a chance of winning)

Edited by sanasuhail, 27 September 2008 - 11:23 AM.

darkredphantomx

• darkredphantomx user photo

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:29 PM ( #146 )

I think that tamagotchis are the best for prizes...

:) I agree whole hartedly. We are a major fanbase for the things so getting them is the best thing in the world. Even if we already have one, winning could mean giving it to a friend so that we could play together. Which potentialy brings more people to the site to join in discussion! If we ever have an art contest, I'm totally there!

ART CONTEST!!! WEB COMIC CONTEST!!! WHOO!! :furawatchi:

promesse

• promesse user photo

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:10 PM ( #147 )

You could have a big contest (maybe making a series of webcomics or something) and give out a large prize pack of a few tamagotchi and accessories. You could get people to create their own tamagotchi 'houses' or have photoshop contest to make a picture of a tamagotchi look funny or cool.

Edited by promesse, 27 September 2008 - 07:11 PM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:51 PM ( #148 )

I've got an idea for a prize...

Well those protectors, tama-pouches, plush, lanyards, mini keychains (Those ones that are super tiny....like smaller then a tama-screen) I'm sure they excist somewhere... Maybe still on shelves, clearance... sales.... etc. I haven't seen those in a bit.... But maybe get those... I'm pretty sure they aren't expencive... Except maybe the plush in large numbers.

Contests...

Tamagotchi Poetry
"music" videos -with plush, real tamas... etc.
Make your own character(s) - quality not quanity
Best original image
Best original Avatar
Select a date/time- When a certain member's tamagotchi will change (Randomly choosen and will not be mentioned except to that person and admins, whom has a newer Tama)
Best dipiction of a certain character- Pre-choosen character for someone to draw and show here.

That's all for now... But It should help the cause.

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:52 PM ( #149 )

(P.S. Umm.. Binary? I gave you my choice for the September contes by PM two to three days ago, and still you haven't posted it in the forum. I really want to win, and if you get my choice, I have a chance of winning)

I did post it, the day I got it. Check the topic again. It's gotten so long it's easy to miss it. The easiest way to find it is to do a search on your username on the September contest topic page.

darkredphantomx

• darkredphantomx user photo

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:50 PM ( #150 )

You could have a big contest (maybe making a series of webcomics or something) and give out a large prize pack of a few tamagotchi and accessories. You could get people to create their own tamagotchi 'houses' or have photoshop contest to make a picture of a tamagotchi look funny or cool.

::tears of wishful thinking::

If we had a huge contest like that .... we'd probably need a big fund-raiser or something but.... wouldn't it be cool to have a grand prize for a contest be a devilgotchi or something?!
There'd probably be lots of people who'd join in... Maybe if we had an enterance fee? :hitodetchi:

I know that's a bit out there but... :) it'd be cool.

We could have an enterance fee contest where the prize isn't announced untill all the applicants have signed up, then we could judge what kind of prize could be won and earn cash for the site as well! :) I dunno... just a thought...

Edited by darkredphantomx, 28 September 2008 - 06:54 PM.

yr1231

• yr1231 user photo

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:34 AM ( #151 )

A contest where you make a set of tamagotchi sprites maybe?

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:02 PM ( #152 )

It's a good idea to have an entrance fee. Then you could have funds for the prizes as well as a little bit left over for the site too....

Dannii

• dannii user photo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:35 AM ( #153 )

I would like to win a tamagotchi or a V.I.P pass or something on the site.

You could always make a V.I.P pass which members have for a month or whatever lenght of time, they do not get any moderation powers but I guess they get looked up at by the community.

-Dannii

Vicky Liu

• vicky-liu user photo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:09 PM ( #154 )

I can see that Tamagotchi-prized contests draw more attention somewhat than the other kinds...........

Perhaps TT members could donate something and get a reward from the admin?

Ayatsuri

• ayatsuri user photo
  • August 2008 Contest Winner

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:35 PM ( #155 )

I agree, getting Tamagotchis as prizes is really cool for those who don't have one and those who want to expand their collections. I also agree that TT is not made of money and they can't give them away all the time. Personally, I was very surprised to find I won the august contest, but what drew me to even bother was the fact that I didn't have a v2 tama and wanted one.

I think giving tamas away is a great idea, but it's also expensive, maybe we could get some people who have tamas they don't want anymore to donate them to TT? Of course, they'd have to be in somewhat good condition, but it could be helpful.
I have one or two I will donate if this becomes a popular idea.

~Aya

Edited by Ayatsuri, 01 October 2008 - 07:55 PM.

yr1231

• yr1231 user photo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:16 PM ( #156 )

Talking of contests, when will the results for this months one be out?

glowtama

• glowtama user photo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:25 PM ( #157 )

exactly!!! the winner hasnt been announced yet!! -_-
I want to know who it is .........

lainabug01

• lainabug01 user photo

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:03 PM ( #158 )

It's october second and the winner of the contest isn't announced yet! I want to know who won.... :huh:

glowtama

• glowtama user photo

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:52 PM ( #159 )

actually yes it has....
you didnt check in the right place.
its not in the left where all the links are, its in the Tamatalk contest forum.
Go check again.
the winner is meowbark or something i think...

meowbark

• meowbark user photo
  • September 2008 Contest Winner

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:05 PM ( #160 )

Yes, and I'm dayum proud.

I was actually surprised to find out I won.