What problems do you have with writing a book?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missbehave

Reaction score
So what problems do you have with writing a book? Mine is beginning it. Making characters, good, Writing it, fine, ending it, no problem but I take ages thinking of a good beginning.

What about you?

Thinking up a title. I'd be finished the book by the time I'd have thought up the title... And my title always comes out lame. *cough* ALWAYS.

I usually have trouble writing the end and sometimes developing characters, but the beginings are the easiest part for me. Like with a story I'm working on now I love the begining and characters, but can't seem to think of a good way to end it. ;)

I think ending it is the hard part. I mean, you have to come up with a really good finish for your book. It makes the whole thing better.

Cinderpelt♥

About the people who's having troubles thinking up parts for the story, write a brief, jot-noted version of the whole story, then type out the actual story, though, keeping to the jot notes you wrote.

It's a bit of everything.

I personally have trouble putting an end to my stories, and I have trouble connecting the events that happen. I have sporatic specific events that happen, but what happens in between? I also have trouble choosing what to add and what not to add. In my worlds, I make a life for everyone. Everyone has a past, everyone has things that happen to them, and what do I leave out?

I have no trouble developing enough characters, as I have what, 40 of them? But some of them I have more trouble with then others. A lot of times I go back and enrich their development. I change their character design tons.

I think my writing style would be a bunch of short stories that tie in together in one big story. I don't write too much, though.

Mine is actually writing it. I can word it out fantastically in my head, and can even go over the entire story, but I just can't write it. I get bored and don't finish it, even if I think about it all the time in my head.

Staying on topic.

I tend to ramble a lot...

And making it long enough once I've taken out all the rambling xD

Because then each chapter is only a few a4 pages long o.x

Well I wrote a book about *drumroll* Heather The Harp Seal from seal roleplay and seal roleplay 2! But then my annoying little sister just HAD to delete it by "accident" and I had to start again and I forget all the things that happened and all >.<

I have trouble picking an appropriate topic and once I do, I focus SOOOO much on detail that I can't really think up more of the general story. ;)

Tip for ~>>Tamagirl101<<~: no one likes a book with too much detail and discriptions, if you put less detail and stuff then maybe you'd be able to think of the story better.

I can describe my characters fine, it's just the name that twangs me everytime. Usually in school I use simple, often used names.

Best Wishes,

barky

When I find inspiration for a story it is based on a feeling, a specific feeling or emotion. From there the story comes forth.

The most difficult part for me is sticking to a story. I have the beginning to about a zillion but I have only ever finished one. I love to write, I love for it to just come out onto paper but when I leave it I have a difficult time remembering that specific feeling that gave me inspiration. I can start writing again but it has a different feel, like a different story I tried to connect to the first one.

I used to be really awesome, but then I developed interest in Non-Fiction books.

If you could spell D+ then you probably know my grade. I hate language arts!

I have trouble with a lot of things. I don't know what to write about, I have trouble with naming my characters and deciding if they are male or female..and yeah.

Making it realistic

TITLEZ

Making sure the characters life isn't exactly.....HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! ><

The plot

and

making sure i am not PLAYJERIZING a book (i dont care if i spelled that wrong)

TITLEZMaking sure the characters life isn't exactly.....HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! ><
Yeah I'm REALLY bad at titles, I mean I called a book about Harp Seal called Heather Heather The Harp Seal-lamest title ever.

Well on the other one I'm totally oppisite to you on that one, I have to make sure their lives aren't all....AAH BAD AAH BAD BAD >.<

Latest posts

Back