Glitch?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

Reaction score
When I try to name rooms, such as Dakota and Leah's Room, a pop-up comes saying, Oops... You have used a word that is not allowed.

yeah! that's been happening to me too, now i can't call my rooms anything!!! what the heck is happening?

I recently got a lab and named her Lacey, aftert my real lab's mama. I was able to name her that. Then I make her a room. Then I go to name the room "Lacey's Room"

It says that it aint allowed. I even ask the queen of bad words (my mama) and she said that there's nothing wrong with L-A-C-E-Y.

Yah, I'm mean, like... I think its because of that whole thing about the Kinz Clubhouse Plus, They don't let you say names on that either. Like you can put Golden Retriver, but not Dakota.

You can't put in names and places anywhere on webkinz. Sorry to have to tell you that. It's like Splash said.

This is a 'feature' that Webkinz recently implemented. It used to be that you could name your room whatever you want. Now, you have to choose from their dictionary - which is a fairly limited dictionary (for example, 'bedroom' is not listed). Their reasoning is that it somehow provides greater safety for the kids (although I fail to see how blocking a stranger from using a potentially offensive name would protect my kids). If they're serious about safety, they can find lists of offensive words and block those rather than blocking everything.

The problem is that my daughter has > 50 Webkinz (and more almost every month) and every one has its own room. The only way she can keep track of where she is to name the room after the pet. That is,"'Bob" has "Bob's room". Until they straighten this out, she's not entering any more Webkinz on their site - and may not buy any more.

Please write to [email protected] or use their online suggestions feature (or both!) to tell them that this is a silly idea and request that they go back to allowing kids to name their rooms after the pets.

This is a 'feature' that Webkinz recently implemented. It used to be that you could name your room whatever you want. Now, you have to choose from their dictionary - which is a fairly limited dictionary (for example, 'bedroom' is not listed). Their reasoning is that it somehow provides greater safety for the kids (although I fail to see how blocking a stranger from using a potentially offensive name would protect my kids). If they're serious about safety, they can find lists of offensive words and block those rather than blocking everything.
The problem is that my daughter has > 50 Webkinz (and more almost every month) and every one has its own room. The only way she can keep track of where she is to name the room after the pet. That is,"'Bob" has "Bob's room". Until they straighten this out, she's not entering any more Webkinz on their site - and may not buy any more.

Please write to [email protected] or use their online suggestions feature (or both!) to tell them that this is a silly idea and request that they go back to allowing kids to name their rooms after the pets.
Thank you! Excellent.

I tried it too. i was writing "Random Room Four" and it said it was a bad word so i had to name it "room"!! and i have other rooms that are random room random room two and etc.!!!! it stinks!

You can't put in names and places anywhere on webkinz. Sorry to have to tell you that. It's like Splash said.
What? Then how come it works on mine? My first webkinz "Claudia" i made her room called "Claudia's Room". I also did it with my other 4 webkinz's rooms. Nothing poped up. It was all fine.

..you cant ever write "Living Room" so i had to name it "Family Room" >_>

That's odd. I was able to name my rooms just fine. But whenever I tried to name them, though, there was a different problem. I would click on the room, make sure it was the room I wanted, name it, but the name would go to some other room. The problems' fixed now though.

But I was able to name Daisy's Room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Outdoor Room 1, and Living Room without any inappropriate word problems.

I was freaking out, I had my friend over too, finally I got so mad because I couldn't name the room I started typing in bad words, xD I am so mature aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back