Photo
- - - - -

Need prodding in the right direction!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:17 AM ( #1 )

Hey there,

I need some good advise to stop me from changing my mind about getting my tamas going again.
I did not used to have the time for my tamas due to working full time so i retired them back in 2001, i tried again in 2004 when version one came out i think i played with them for about a month but again due to working they were always on pause poor things!!
Now i have changed my job and only work four days a week and i really want to get back into tama mode!
Another thing is my partner is not over supportive he thinks they are childish, i am 24 next week :furawatchi:
The funny thing is i am extremely supportive of his world of warcraft addiction!!

Please tell me to stop messing about and go dig those tamas out :mametchi:

Replies

Views

Started

10 Nov 2007

Last Post

23 Dec 2007

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:37 AM ( #2 )

If he complains, tell him you're practicing for when the two of you have a real baby. :furawatchi:

*tamacoolie*

• tamacoolie user photo

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:09 AM ( #3 )

Well that happens to me to one minute im bored of tams and the next i wanna play on it. just give yourself time then go pick up dat tam!

FlyingFeathers

• flyingfeathers user photo

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:13 AM ( #4 )

Hey there,

I need some good advise to stop me from changing my mind about getting my tamas going again.
I did not used to have the time for my tamas due to working full time so i retired them back in 2001, i tried again in 2004 when version one came out i think i played with them for about a month but again due to working they were always on pause poor things!!
Now i have changed my job and only work four days a week and i really want to get back into tama mode!
Another thing is my partner is not over supportive he thinks they are childish, i am 24 next week :P
The funny thing is i am extremely supportive of his world of warcraft addiction!!

Please tell me to stop messing about and go dig those tamas out :)

Do what you want! World of Warcraft is kinda childish, too. I know alot of 10-year olds that play that game.... I also have the same problem with people thinking I'm too old. It was actually keeping me from getting one, but finally I did. I love Tamas, and if you do too, I don;t think you should let him stop you. :D

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:25 PM ( #5 )

lol thanks for the replys tama lovers!

hehe you made me laugh binary, he pretends to be all grown up but really he is a kid at heart like me ;)

ill be digging those tamas out next time i go and visit the parents, i have 2 P1 tamas one green with white buttons and pink with light green buttons. I sold my V1 on ebay in 2005 really regreting it now, i sold it to an american guy he give me a good price for it though!

Shilo_Tama

• shilo-tama user photo

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:22 AM ( #6 )

stop messing around and go dig those tamas out! i hav the same ''tamas r childish'' problem...but dont let it stop u!

MagicalWingLT

• magicalwinglt user photo

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:46 PM ( #7 )

Your friend says it's childish playing with Tama's yet he plays Warcraft.... You should say it's childish to play Warcraft... ( I'm just kidding) :) Anyways I'm 24 too and I love my new V4.... -_- I work like 3-4 days a week and 4 hours... I just put mine on PAUSE... And when I get back home I start playing again... It's no big deal... ;)

Edited by MagicalWingLT, 12 November 2007 - 09:48 PM.

DDDTrooper

• dddtrooper user photo

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:41 AM ( #8 )

If you want to play with Tamas, and it's not interferring with your priorities, do what makes you happy! :huh: If you have time and want to start being a caretaker again, go for it. :huh:

-DDDTrooper

PockyGirl

• pockygirl user photo

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:05 AM ( #9 )

Hey there,

Another thing is my partner is not over supportive he thinks they are childish, i am 24 next week :(

Please tell me to stop messing about and go dig those tamas out :P

Your never to old to do something you love. I'm going to be 22 November 20th and I still enjoy these little egg-shaped toys. I do get uncomfortable telling people about it though. Some people aren't understanding about V-pets. About your partner, I think you just should tell him that he doesn't have to like it, its your choice. I don't get why people see Tamagotchi as a kid's only thing, I personally find them as a stress breaker. More stressed out people should try a V-pet. :D

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:23 PM ( #10 )

thanks for the replys guys,

i cant get over how positive everyone is on here its so refreshing!!

ll post pics when i get my babies up and running again :(

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:42 PM ( #11 )

hey!

just to let you all now i bought a v 4.5 from tesco today (UK version of Target, Walmart etc..) i hatched it about 10 mins ago and i have a bouncing boy! ill get some piccies up when i find my usb cable :) http://www.amazon.co...95508395&sr=1-7 here is a link to the design i got!

Nuvax

• nuvax user photo

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:39 AM ( #12 )

my girlfriend and I both bought one yesterday,
She's 19 and I'm 22.

Some people are just hooked on V-pet games,
myself, I've been playing sims since the day it was released, several virtual pet sites which I left,
I currently still play one petsite tough, best pet site ever.
an adult community and actual pet intelligence.
If your intrested, just mail me for a link.

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:31 PM ( #13 )

here is a few piccies of my tama as promised :)

ttp://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/Whoiskad/?action=view&current=SP_A0099.jpg

will upload pics of retro tamas when i collect them next week :D

jayme_Marie

• jayme-marie user photo

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:50 PM ( #14 )

I’m so glad to hear that some of you are older as well. I am 22 and I just stopped hiding my tama from my husband. He thinks their childish but he’s ok with it I guess….. (As long as the house gets clean)! Thanks for all of you’re honesty about you’re age!!!! :D

pinkgrapes2007

• pinkgrapes2007 user photo

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:11 PM ( #15 )

guess what?! I'm already 32 and still playing with tama!! I treat it as a kinda of hobby...! :D

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:23 PM ( #16 )

fantastic jayme_marie and pinkgrapes! be tama proud and happy :D

whoiskad

• whoiskad user photo

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:16 PM ( #17 )

hey everyone i have posted some photos in the tamagotchi ancesters section check them out! :furawatchi: