Taking tamas too seriously?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimitchiz

Reaction score
I know some people, and when their tamagotchi dies, they go in their room and cry!

Or, they talk about it being their best friend ever.

What do you all think about taking tamas TOO seriously?

In my opinion you can love your tamagotchi in moderation, but saying it's your best friend is kinda odd.

I'm pretty upset when my tama's die, but I'd never cry.

Some people think of their tamas as their baby's thats good and all but calling them your best friend is a bit over the top.

;) Chocola ;)

Well, sometimes people don't have enough family support, and so sometimes, tamas can be life savers to them, and they really can be a best friend to them. I never cry when my tamas die, but I am pretty upset. There is a point though when you overdue tamas. For example, if you spend more time locked up by yourself playing with your tamas rather than spending time with your human family, that is a little bit much. Unless of course, your family is never home so you don't get time to spend with them.

Tamas are great friends. They rely on you, they play with you, its nice. But then there is the point when you forget that in the end it is a toy. If something happens to your Tama and you are that upset I think it is time to remember that Tamas are for fun, not intended to bring you pain.

My little sister is like crazy obsessed with tamagotchis. One time she accidentally reseted her Tamagotchi and she cried(Hey, shes only 7 years old). Her Tamagotchi was really important to her, and she didn't think of it as a toy.

Yeah, when i was little (about 8 years old) i cried when my tamagotchi died :D but know it's not such a big deal for me, but hey, my sister cries too -_-

i did cry once but

D:

my tamagotchi was in the 4th gen.and 6years old.and over 7,000 points on it DD:

I ONLYEH SHEDED A TEAR THOUGH.

;D

:D

I take Tamagotchi seriously in the way that "everything has to be perfect." The perfect weight especially. That's why I hate v4s.

Where did you hear that?

I don't cry. It is just sad. But, it is not sad enough to shed a tear. The appropriate thing to cry about is if a sibling or a beloved pet (e.g. dog, cat, etc. NOT A TAMAGOTCHI) dies.

Now, if your tamagotchi never died and it was always and Oldie, wouldn't that be boring? Wouldn't you like to start over? Then, if your tamagotchi died you would be sad, yet be happy that you have a fresh new tamagotchi to take care of. You never know what it will evolve into! A Mametchi? A Makiko? That is why getting a new tamagotchi is exciting!

I wouldn't be crying at all if a Masktchi died. Masktchi is too average. I personally don't like Masktchi :lol:

some people say they "wouldn't trade the world for their tama"; i sure hope their joking cuz that's going way too far. o_O;

I REALLY think that that is taking tamas to seriously.When my tama dies, i just reset it.

Hope this helps! ;)

I think some people say that just [SIZE=14pt]so they have something that no one else has [/SIZE]and so they have their own pet if they can't have a dog or cat :( :D :D :D

That's never happened to me, but when my tama dies i always talk about it, not as if it was my BFF, and my friends all go 'oh'. :lol: But no one makes a big deal of tamas. :pochitchi:

I think maybe some people do get a little too into tamas...

:angry:

Well, you really have to take everything into perspective. Imagine yourself as a quiet shy kid who doesn't have many friends. You have a Tamagotchi, however, and you love it very much. It is like your only friend, you talk to it, play with it, it relies on YOU to take care of it. That Tamagotchi gives you a purpose in life. Let's say that Tamagotchi died. You are probably going to feel quite sad, probably cry about it a little, right?

It's not taking Tamas too far, or too seriously, it all depends on the kind of person you're dealing with.

For example, if you spend more time locked up by yourself playing with your tamas rather than spending time with your human family, that is a little bit much.
Eh, I am actually guilty of that. :wub: I was living with a bunch of noisy, no-hope rednecks, and a dad that never listened, though. :lol:

Yes, people can take them a bit too seriously. Crying and considering a Tamagotchi your best friend is a bit much. I get what you mean, though, because I wanted one for a long time, and finally got it. I would talk to it sometimes, though, because it was actually a good listener, ha ha. :(

because it was actually a good listener, ha ha...
... and it can't say things that bite, like everyone in real life. That's why I come to dislike a lot of people.

(My cousin's sitting next to me so I hope she didn't see that, not that I don't like her anyway)

Well, I suppose if a virtual pet dies and they go and cry, it is overtop.

And being their best friends ever?

Please. :p

I love my Tama, but not that much.

Yes, I think these people are taking it too seriously.

Best Wishes,

[[.x..barky..x.]]

i guess not take tamas too seriously, it's only a toy,it's not a real pet.

never cry when your tamagotchi dies,it 's only a toy!

and "putting it in the bed" is really mad! :marumimitchi: :furawatchi:

don't talk to it! it reacts like a game!

the tamas aren't real pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back