Photo
- - - - -

Taking tamas too seriously?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

shadowprincess238

• shadowprincess238 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:33 PM ( #35 )

Ok, first of all someone needs to tell you people straight. It is not over the top if you cry when your tamagotchi dies! If there was a shy quiet person with no friends with parents who had died living in a foster home and tamagotchis were there only friends? Put that into your view and think about it.
If my tamagotchi dies I feel ashamed that I should've tooken better care of it. I scold myself. I DO talk to my tamagotchi. It is a very good listener. I do not consider it my best friend though. I do love my tamagotchi as a pet, because I am not allowed to have pets. Some people have dogs and cats that they love and talk to, and they would be upset if it died. Well think about it. Tamagotchi is my pet and I love it, talk to it, and would be upset if it died.

ChibiMuffins

• chibimuffins user photo

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:55 PM ( #36 )

Yeah, I take Tamagotchis too seriously. I got a Kuchipatchi. I loved it so much. Then it died. I cried forever and wanted to quit playing with Tamagotchis. Of course I went to bed and got over it.

There was also another incident where my stupid little sister took my Tamagotchi into the bathroom and accidentally dropped it into the toilet. I wanted to strangle her. But my dad was holding me back. The only reason I was about to kill her is, That it was a v4.5 and I got it 2 weeks ago. It was the only one I had.

The last incident I could recall is that I misplaced my Tamagotchi during Christmas break. I had made it up to 6 generations. The I was sent to my room. When I came up again. I searched for it like crazy. Then it started to die and that was the worst. Then after it died I found it. I took the batteries out of both my Tamagotchis and vowed to never play with them again. But the next day I put the battery back in one.

~ChibiMuffins

gamedavid10

• gamedavid10 user photo

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:40 AM ( #37 )

:huh: :lol: :lol: yeah....calling ur tama ur best friend is kinda extreme.........but i mean to each is own i always say.....maybe some of those people don't have any other friends... :rolleyes: :mimitchi: :huh: :huh: :D :(

Ura Kuchipatchi

• ura-kuchipatchi user photo

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:13 AM ( #38 )

When I was little, I did cry when my tamagotchi V1 died, because I didn't have many close friends at the time. I still get upset when my tamagotchis die, as I put so much effort into them, but I never cry.

I have nothing against people who cry if their tamagotchis die.

//Ura Kuchipatchi

tamawho!!??

• tamawho user photo

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:30 AM ( #39 )

"putting it in the bed" 

What do you mean by putting it in the bed? If you mean like making a bed for it then yeah but I put my tama under my pillow Lol xD.

Anyway

Its only like a toy yeah but you can accutally get quite attached to a tama. Bit it depends on the person you are if your one of those people that dont really get attached to things like that then thats who you are.

Tamawho!!?? :P

Edited by tamawho!!??, 06 February 2008 - 11:30 AM.

baybee-x

• baybee-x user photo

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:29 PM ( #40 )

It depends on the person, some people are alot more sensitive than others. So what if somebody crys over their tama it's upto them - it's not like it effects you in any way. And if somebody did cry over their tama, then this topic is just going to make them feel bad in a way.

Charleene

• charleene user photo

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:38 PM ( #41 )

I had finally gotten down the taking care of 2 tamas thing, then yesterday my 3rd generation (hey, thats alot to me as its hard to take care of them when I am chasing a baby around the house all day long and dont hear them beep! lol) died unexpectantly. It was completely happy and full and was not asking for attention and all of a sudden -poof-

I dont know what happened. Both of my tamas were born at the exact same time because they were the result of their parents marrying. The matchmaker came on my blue tama 2 days prior to this happening and after 2 days it still hadnt happened to my red tama so I figured something was prolly glitched in it.....and then it died.

Then, today, it happened to my 5th generation blue tama. Makes me really mad. I had 60,000 points between the two and about 6 plane tickets on each....I was royally ticked. Now, I have to start all over on both.

Am I mad? You bet I am. But I dont go so far as to get worked up about it. I am fortunate enough to have other things that keep my mind off of it so I get over it quickly. But it still ticked me off lol.

spievie

• spievie user photo

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:34 PM ( #42 )

I got upset when i told my friend to take care of my tama and he let it die. I got mad at him and I was overreacting a little but was i taking him to seriously for the sake of my tama. now that i think about it, it is only a toy.

MnMztama495

• mnmztama495 user photo

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:56 PM ( #43 )

I agree with pretty much everyone else. It's ok to get a LITTLE sad when your Tama dies, but crying over it? I think that's a little big over-the-top, don't you? I can see if your family is never around and you don't have any friends, then yes, but I sure hope you aren't in that situation! :)
When my Tamagotchi dies, I just say, "Oh..." and reset it and move on with my life. I'm not like most girls who cry a lot over things like sad movies (no offense)! But that's just me.

Squidward is Cool

• squidward-is-cool user photo

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:12 PM ( #44 )

OK. Please don't laugh at me, but I just want to say something.

I am a shy girl. I only have a couple real friends and I have been bullied (emotionally) my entire life. I am also very sensitive.

Well, when I got my V4...

...I took it way too seriously.

Eventually, my Tamagotchi died, and I cried. A lot.

So don't laugh at me and don't call me weird.

I did that a year ago and learned my lesson.

But, then second generation hit, and I was with my friends and their Tamas more.

So therefore, I learned, that it feels better to bond with your friends who have the Tamagotchi than your Tamagotchi.

sasukeisemo

• sasukeisemo user photo

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:30 PM ( #45 )

im glad you found that out. its ok to love tamagothis just dont go to extremes because eventually they will die or have babies and leave you.

Squidward is Cool

• squidward-is-cool user photo

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:40 PM ( #46 )

im glad you found that out. its ok to love tamagothis just dont go to extremes because eventually they will die or have babies and leave you.

Having babies I wouldn't mind.

But dieing just threw me off.

Tifa_mo

• tifa-mo user photo

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:26 PM ( #47 )

unless u r a 7-year-old kid, normally u wouldn't cry just because a VIRTUAL pet died.

black candy

• black-candy user photo

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:02 PM ( #48 )

I do love my tamagotchi as a pet, because I am not allowed to have pets. Some people have dogs and cats that they love and talk to, and they would be upset if it died. Well think about it. Tamagotchi is my pet and I love it, talk to it, and would be upset if it died.

I love this answer :rolleyes:

Kawaii-Tam

• kawaii-tam user photo

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:50 PM ( #49 )

:chohimetchi: :furawatchi: I do think some people take tams to seriously but I hatre to say that I might be one of them!!
When my tam ran out of batteries, I almost cried!! But I didnt. I have 2 v4s and my cousin gave me one for free!! It was a perfect tam and she just left it on her bedroom floor!!!! She said I could have it and I picked it up and nourished it back to health!!! :D

tamapalace

• tamapalace user photo

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:17 PM ( #50 )

Some people get really upset, and others just reset it and could care less. It does teach people lessons that are beneficial in their life, even if it does seem that they are taking it to seriously.

Tama*Lover

• tamalover user photo

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:10 PM ( #51 )

I agree- they are taking it to seriously. It's pretty sad when your tamagotchi dies, especially on a high generation or if your tamagotchi was progressing nicely, but it is nothing to cry about. ;) I just get a new egg, and start over. No big deal. :D

Of course, you have no control over whether they cry about it or not. It is their decision, and you have to respect it. Your decision is your decision -- to cry or not to cry. :)