Digivice Data Link

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarOmnimon

Reaction score
Agu Orange

Gao Blue

* Each Digivice toy includes one character that boys (and girls) can groom, feed, and train to prepare for battle with other digimon owners

* Uses infa-red technology to battle their monsters against others

* DNA scanner to collect DNA skills for their monster from other sets

* Includes 8 mini games to train monsters in battling skills and strength training

* unlock unique new characters while playing mini games

In short, they took the Japanese Digivice iC 10x and improved on it. It's a v-pet like the original Digimon from 1997.

Finally...

When I was a little boy, I was co leader of the ultra digimon fan club (Ultra like because all we had were digimon stuff. Digimon poster, lunchbox, plate, cup, cards, movies lol vhs of course, action figures, etc.) and I was the first to get greymon when that little digivice came out. This is an absolute MUST BUY for children. You may be called girly by having a tamagotchi by your peers. Of course, since I'm 16, I'm known as a weirdo for even having a Digivice let alone a tamagotchi.

Anywho, if you want to escape the name calling (Which I don't want to happen to anyone, but if it does to the guys out there...) then this is a must buy. Girls can buy it to of course! Since it's made for both girls and guys.

Agu OrangeGao Blue

* Each Digivice toy includes one character that boys (and girls) can groom, feed, and train to prepare for battle with other digimon owners

* Uses infa-red technology to battle their monsters against others

* DNA scanner to collect DNA skills for their monster from other sets

* Includes 8 mini games to train monsters in battling skills and strength training

* unlock unique new characters while playing mini games

In short, they took the Japanese Digivice iC 10x and improved on it.  It's a v-pet like the original Digimon from 1997.
I'm sorry but did you say they IMPROVED it?

I don't think they did, read above what you said. It's mainly for taming it and playing mini-games, and battling against other tamers, it also lacks the port to connect with the Digimon Mini, as well as they state that there is no Data Plate.

I don't think it's an improvement, it's a downgrade, there is no Tournament or Item system, it's a downgrade if it doesn't include those. Now if they added online capabilities, the ability to link with older devices, and the ability to breed, THAT would be an improvement.

Edit: I noticed that they changed a lot of things also, while it does use Data Plates, it uses the Digimon Accelerator ones (Going back to old school? Or trying to mix and match old mechanics to make up for the no release of the accelerator? ) While it does seem to be improved as it has a little bit from the other stuff, it's merely a whole different one, not an improvement, it lacks a lot of things the original had, and the battle system is awful, what happened to when you had to tap with certain frequencies? That made it more fun. It's merely just a watered down version of the iC. Personally, I will get it because I like to collect digivices, but this is a completely different Digivice that lacks a lot of things it's original had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,so digimon are recomended for boys but girls can buy them, and tamagotchis are recomended for girls but boys can buy them, so i guess bandai cares about both genders-----ps. i not trying to affend anyone , pss. im a boy and love tamas! so much!

I have the new digimon saver iC, its not like the old digimon not much V-pet stuff just training and random battles like the Digivice's they sell. Its fun though but they did remove the digimon mini connection from the bottom that they had in the JP version.

I only have the second version of the digivices. I have a Veemon black one. (Awesomeness) And a red and white Hawkmon one. But there in Japanese, but it doesn't matter much.

They're fun. You shake them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back