Coraline

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly_Clarkson8

Reaction score
Have you read the book Coraline? I was hearing about how creepy it was, so I picked it up from the library excpecting a good scare, read it in 45 minutes, and wasn't anywhere close to being scare. I personally don't think it was all it was cracked up to be. :S

What do you think? Did it scare you? Do you have any books in mind that might actually scare me?

Katie-- ;)

I read Coraline a few years ago, and while it didn't really scare me, I thought it had a generally creepy feel to it. Just that some of the ideas are creepy, that's all.

My advice to you is not to read a book expecting to be scared- read it to enjoy a story. However, I would suggest short stories compiled into one book. These don't have to be incredibly short, more like 20-70 pages, maybe. Also, try some Stephen King. I have heard that Gerards Game by Stephen King is scary, although very adult.

I read Coraline a few years ago, and while it didn't really scare me, I thought it had a generally creepy feel to it. Just that some of the ideas are creepy, that's all.
My advice to you is not to read a book expecting to be scared- read it to enjoy a story. However, I would suggest short stories compiled into one book. These don't have to be incredibly short, more like 20-70 pages, maybe. Also, try some Stephen King. I have heard that Gerards Game by Stephen King is scary, although very adult.
When I say I was expecting to be scared, I say that because a friend of mine was saying how scary it was, and how her teacher was saying "Its one of those books you cant read without the lights on"

Katie--

I am in the middle of reading Coraline...

I really like it so far...

I love the button eyes...

And the talking cat...

And her other... EVERYTHING!!

EDIT: I didn't notice how old this topic was b4 I replied... sorry... :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back