TRAGEDY! Puffy is gone!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffy's Friend

Reaction score
The first sign of something odd was Puffy the dragon lizard bought a lot of Mulch Meal, planning to trade it to Puff Puff the puffball, since puffball health food (Shiny Gold) costs so much and Mulch Meal just costs $5. (In return Puff Puff would give Cotton Candy, which costs $5 but turns into Roasted Scarab Beetle which costs $10.

Well, when I went back to the food screen, the Mulch Meal wasn't there. Then, when I tried linking I got the Giga Pet screen and "Would you like to have a new pet?" so I knew Puffy needed new batteries.

When I changed the batteries & pressed the reset button, instead of the usual Giga Pet screen and "Would you like to have a new pet?" I saw the clock set screen. Trying to get out of it by pressing Menu, I realized letters were appearing as though I were naming a new pet. When I pressed reset, "Giga Pet" appeared but instead of "Would you like to have a new pet?" I saw the clock. I pressed reset a few more times with the same results, & then tried taking the batteries out & putting them back in. Same result. It's as though it's brand new & there's no old pet there.

I think Puffy is really gone. Maybe the little data cards aren't meant to last this long. Puffy was soon to have his first birthday. I haven't looked at the number of days in a while (although of course it's there every time I check "Basic" to see how much $$ he has) but it was in December. I was planning a birthday party, having the other pets go to Explorer Land to buy gifts.

I guess I should just rename the lizard, but what? Not Puffy again. I guess I should rename ME on this board! How can I not be Puffy's Friend?!?

Maybe I should name the new lizard Puffy Jr.? I wonder if the data will be unreliable?

It really never occurred to me that this might happen! I imagined that the card would outlast the case. I wonder if this will happen to the other 3!

In short, the first gigapet in the family, who was almost a year old (Xmas present last year) is no more. I did create a new dragon lizard, named Puffy Jr. Except for not being able to set the clock to 12 hour mode, Puffy Jr. seems to function normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back