Fake or something?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Christail~

Reaction score
My current location is at the computer desk
Miles of....WARNINGS!

This is a post of a "Fake" Tama TV commerical.

This is the details. (my memory is vague. ie: Its been years since I saw it)

When: June 2005

Skin: v1, red and yellow, shapes

Who: girl and boy playing with red and yellow tamas

What it said: I don't remember it well, but it said (definately) this: "You can grow your tamagotchi's up to work, get married or live."

By the way, this was in Australia and v2's wern't realised till October. (in Oz) And, to add, they called it Tamagotchi and everything!!

Posted with ponder, ~Christail~

you sure it was fake ?

i have seen many things advertised before they are released because you can still pre order them

Greetings! I must say that sounds like it was a lame commercial that was released, but I would certainly assume that it is in-fact a genuine Bandai advertisement.

I am also living down-under here in Perth; WA, but unfortunately must have missed the commercial myself. I do however know that the channel Ten broadcasting network have such money-intensive standards that Funtastic [the company that distributes the Tama's around Australia] are about the only company distributing any virtual pets that could really afford to pay for the airtime to broadcast the ad.

The bottom-line: It sounds like it wasn't a fake Tama' ad, but just one that was lame and quite possibly straying from the point, how long ago did you see it by the way?

Elmo likes apple juice.

You mean a V1 can't go to work? I see the comment about a V2 but that doesn't imply that it was a V2 unit, expecially being 6 months too early and having a V1 skin. Similarly to how they write the instruction manuals [repeating the use of more universal images and menus to save spending big money on adjusting them], the company often re-uses ideas such as the work aspect, most likely choosing to throw it in for an upcoming release in the USA which didn't time well with Australian releases. Although I don't know much about the V1 or V2 myself, I know that it's a little bit of a stretch for any counterfeit V-Pets to be advertised on television.

Must say I do share your confused smile, but I'm interested to find the original advertisement.

Ciao for now! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
well what time of day was it?

if it was prime time it most likely was real

could of it been a ad for a show like umm toasted tv or something that might test run it?

now dont think im being mean but you sure its not a "fake " merory ?

heaps of peopel have them

i have some my self that i can swear something has happened and when i tell my family about it its not true

or could it been ad for like big w or crazy clarks or something like that ?

it might have been fake if it was ad for store

Miles of smiles,

It was a Saturday late-morning advert. Right when the kids shows were finishing! I remember thinking, "Ohh, Tamagotchi." As I said, it was a boy and a girl (white kids) connecting two v1 skinned "v2's" leaning over a table. Think there was a yellow backdrop.

Posted with a pondering mind, ~Christail~

Elmo likes apple juice.You mean a V1 can't go to work? I see the comment about a V2 but that doesn't imply that it was a V2 unit, expecially being 6 months too early and having a V1 skin. Similarly to how they write the instruction manuals [repeating the use of more universal images and menus to save spending big money on adjusting them], the company often re-uses ideas such as the work aspect, most likely choosing to throw it in for an upcoming release in the USA which didn't time well with Australian releases. Although I don't know much about the V1 or V2 myself, I know that it's a little bit of a stretch for any counterfeit V-Pets to be advertised on television.

Must say I do share your confused smile, but I'm interested to find the original advertisement.

Ciao for now! :angry:
I understand what you're saying and all, UluXlan, but...er, how can I put this? Could you please speak English? I still understand what you're saying, though. And where did the whole "Elmo likes apple juice" come from?

I understand what you're saying and all, UluXlan, but...er, how can I put this? Could you please speak English? I still understand what you're saying, though. And where did the whole "Elmo likes apple juice" come from?
I don't really want to dignify that with an answer, but what are you insinuating? I mean fair enough if you're attempting to prove a point about my post being difficult to understand, but you assure me that you do in fact understand. Are you merely complaining about the detail of my post whilst portraying yourself as less intellectually-competent [i.e. an idiot]? Either you don't understand and are trying not to look like an idiot or do understand and have failed in trying to make me look like an idiot, either way I think that's pretty low; this is, after all, a place of honesty and care, not unprovoked judgement.

About the Elmo comment; no comment.

Note: It's a waste of time, space and retaliation to post unrelated comments at the expense of someone else in a thread, if you don't have anything to say about christail's viewing of the television advertisment then just shut up.

Wow I just realized this spell-check is a little off =P.

I don't really want to dignify that with an answer, but what are you insinuating? I mean fair enough if you're attempting to prove a point about my post being difficult to understand, but you assure me that you do in fact understand. Are you merely complaining about the detail of my post whilst portraying yourself as less intellectually-competent [i.e. an idiot]? Either you don't understand and are trying not to look like an idiot or do understand and have failed in trying to make me look like an idiot, either way I think that's pretty low; this is, after all, a place of honesty and care, not unprovoked judgement.About the Elmo comment; no comment.

Note: It's a waste of time, space and retaliation to post unrelated comments at the expense of someone else in a thread, if you don't have anything to say about christail's viewing of the television advertisment then just shut up.

Wow I just realized this spell-check is a little off =P.
No, no! I'm not trying to make anyone look like an idiot! Honest! I wasn't trying to put you down or anything. And no, I'm not an idiot, either. I have all GT honors classes (except Reading and Science. At my school, they don't have honors for those classes)! And I agree with you: TamaTalk is a place of honesty and care.

*Comment about the TV commercial*

I totally forgot to comment that.

Are you sure it was a V1 skin? From what you're telling us, it just might have been a real Bandai commercial. Hmm.

Well, I clicked on a thread one day that showed the V2 commercials, (yes, here on TamaTalk) and I remember a yellow backdrop and two kids doing...something with the Tamagotchis. I wasn't really paying attention to the skin. All I have is a V3 and a V4 and Don't really know what all the skins of the earlier models look like. Hmm. I'm just as confused as you are.

P.S.-I don't have the link or remember where the commercial was. Sorry. :( But it was here on TamaTalk.

Hehe s'all good =), got to love how open people can be on forums, in particular the forums of this place. You know I actually thought to myself as I was writing the original post to 'simplify' it, so I suppose it's a good thing I edited the original down! Mind you people tell that I tend to go into a bit too much detail when I'm bored =P.

Well just thought I'd reply to that, and now that I have nothing to do in the near future I might look into some Tamagotchi clips on YouTube or summink.

٭۩۞

Miles of smiles,
Das de one! The skin. OK, do youse know the skin options on TT? Well, the skin they used in the ad was the yellow and red skin skin , here on TT.

Posted with a "gettting there" feeling, ~Christail~
Ohh yeah! I know that one. It's like a yellow/red mix, right?

OK, so a few minutes ago, I went and explored TamaTalk, and guess what? I found the link! Here it is:

The Tamagotchi V2 Commercial!

I watched it before pasteing the URL address here and I saw that it did have kids, but it wasn't a boy and a girl sitting at a table connecting the Tamas, and only parts of the commercial had a yellow backdrop; no red added to it! So the TV ad Christail saw was definitley a marketing scam for some fake Tamagotchis. You can find the commercial in the "News" tab at the home page of TT. Hope I helped!

[SIZE=21pt]HAPPY[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]NEW[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]YEAR!![/SIZE]

When: June 2005

Skin: v1, red and yellow, shapes

Who: girl and boy playing with red and yellow tamas

What it said: I don't remember it well, but it said (definately) this: "You can grow your tamagotchi's up to work, get married or live."

And, to add, they called it Tamagotchi and everything!!
I haven't seen that commercial yet!

I live in the USA!

I wonder what the ad looks like!

What channel was it on?

I would like to see it!

Elmo likes apple juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back