Photo
- - - - -

New AquaPALZ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

brandedastar

• brandedastar user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:40 PM ( #1 )

Hey guys. Just wanted to give you a little information on Aquapalz.

Firstly, I can't find really anything online about these toys. And don't confuse AquaPALZ with AquaPETS (the little dancing creatures inside real water). AquaPALZ are actual electronic virtual pets. I think they are made by the same people, but these toys are mysteries to me. I don't know when they were released, and I don't know if they are being retired as AquaPETS are.

Now, I've heard they're only sold in Toys R Us, however, I just got mine in Wal-Mart. There were only three there, and the other Wal-Mart across town didn't have them.

Anyway - they DO evolve, but because they are actual animals, they don't evolve into different characters like tamas do. Also, they are pretty much like the original tamas as you can only feed and play games with them. However, it's almost like taking care of a real fish, because you have to check it's tank every so often to change the water temp., clean it, and put coral/plants inside to make your pet happy. It also gets sick like tamas.

They are more boring than newer versions of tamas, but the graphics/sounds are cooler. It sounds like a real fish tank. And because the screen is LCD, it lights up (much like a cell phone screen).

Edited by brandedastar, 12 January 2008 - 02:41 PM.

Replies

Views

Started

12 Jan 2008

Last Post

02 Dec 2008

lilmono

• lilmono user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:23 PM ( #2 )

I have one of those they are strange! they also have an alarm.I used mine as an alarm so i can wake up earlier for school

Vinnyrocks

• vinnyrocks user photo

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:44 AM ( #3 )

I got mine a couple of days ago and hes an adult. But I heard that they can live up 2 like a year (in real time!)

Pinkii002

• pinkii002 user photo

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:31 AM ( #4 )

Hey I know this is a little off topic, but I used to have an aquapet. I got one for my birthday a couple years ago. It was kind of annoying but really cute. Do they still make them?

xGalaxyCandyx

• xgalaxycandyx user photo

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:36 PM ( #5 )

Yeah, I've seen those. I've seen a jelly fix, dolphin and a zebra fish. They look really cute and are really inexpensive. Only about $15 like the tamagotchi Connection. I saw them at Target :P I want to collect them, too. :)

Squidward is Cool

• squidward-is-cool user photo

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:09 PM ( #6 )

I still need to get mine replaced. (Mine doesn't work.)

TAMAFAMiLY08

• tamafamily08 user photo

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:15 PM ( #7 )

Same Here! I got mine at Wal-mart! I can't get it to do anything! :)

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:43 PM ( #8 )

I got one at Target. It was on clearance for like 3 dollars... I have a dolphin one. It's fun for a while, but once it's grown, it's not so fun. I only have three of the 4 games... I don't have the volcano game. Oh well. It wasn't damaged or anything, but just cheaper. Our target has frequent sales to make room for inventory in the store. <_<

ilovekuchipa555

• ilovekuchipa555 user photo

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:01 AM ( #9 )

I saw it in toys R us. I didn't buy it though.

pinkgrapes2007

• pinkgrapes2007 user photo

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:49 PM ( #10 )

well actually anipalz and aquapalz are made by the same manufacturer (Gamze), I had bought a anipalz cat earlier and realised that the sound could not be turn off!! OMG!!! then later I saw a aquapalz dolphin and found out from online that it is quite fun and the sound can be turn off! so I decided to go get it today (later)!!! :(

Any comments on these two virtual pets are welcome!!