Are Tama's Alive?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekware2003

Reaction score
I have always thought that my tamagotchi is a living creature, but I

want to see what everyone else thinks.

I think that they are alive in a sense that they have feelings, needs, and require love and attention.

What about you?

A while ago, there was a topic a lot like this. I'm not saying you copied or anything, because that topic is long gone. I'm happy to see this question again, because I can give the same answer I gave last time: yes. I know some of you could give me tons of reasons why tamagotchi aren't alive: debugging, how they're made, their "insides" and all those other things. They don't breathe, talk to use, or walk. But what IS alive, really? Is alive only alive in the way we understand it? I know that tamagotchi were made by someone in Japan as a new toy targeted at high school girls, but to me they're more than that. When I look at my tama (who is right next to me) I cannot believe he's just a hunk of pixels.

Another point: in way, don't we make tamagotchi COME alive? We give them personalities, tell stories about them, talk to them (at least I do!), and many other things. Have we given tamagotchi life? Have we turned them from pixel pets into creatures, alive in their own way that we cannot understand right now and maybe never will? I think we have. You can have any opinions you want, but these are mine. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on. ;)

<3,

tulip (and my tamagotchi GBP, or Green Bay Packers :) )

Oh sorry I had no clue this was already a topic.

Tulip978 that was a very great understanding. I totally agree and hope that others agree with you too!

P.S my tama's are right next to me 2 :)

Thank you! It's OK that there's already a topic...actually I left something out. That was my topic from very long ago (OK probably last summer!). That's why I'm so happy you made this...I miss that topic! ;)

I left one important part out: Some people believe tamagotchi can die but are not alive...how can something die if it's not alive to begin wiht? :huh:

Tamagotchi's are not really alive but they seem to be alive. I always keep mine with me (exept at school) and sometimes they actually seem alive, so i guess its really up to you, of you belive their alive then to you, they CAN be alive!

Have a great tama-talking day! :lol:

Of course they are alive. If they weren't alive, they wouldn't need food, or anything. Tamagotchi's are alive things in the virtual world. You play with them, and take care of them.

Again, Tamagotchi's are alive.

v4lover

In my opinion, it's much the same as asking if Santa Clause, Harry Potter, or other characters in cartoons and books and things are real.

Tamagotchi's are about as real as you make them. Most fictional characters and things leave a stronger impact on people than real things anyway, and continue to do so for years to come. :(

~OM21

In my opinion, it's much the same as asking if Santa Clause, Harry Potter, or other characters in cartoons and books and things are real.
Tamagotchi's are about as real as you make them. Most fictional characters and things leave a stronger impact on people than real things anyway, and continue to do so for years to come. :)

~OM21
I agree with OsuMesu21, it is like asking Santa or Harry Potter.

If you believe so in your heart, then they really are alive by perception.

Just like how children believe in Santa Clause.

Tamagotchi are only as alive as you make them to be. If you talk about your Tamagotchi, tell stories about your Tamagotchi, play with it on a regular basis, feed it and care for it lovingly, then I guess you can say that Tamagotchi are alive.

But if you ignore it, make it sick, and don't care for it, then they obviously aren't alive enough to you because I bet if you thought they were alive, you wouldn't kill them!

I chose to pretend that my Tamas are alive. To some people they are toys, to some they are pets or even friends.

The great thing is that they can be any of those things to you and you can take whatever level of joy out of it that you want. I just got a v5 and I am super excited to be taking care of my new babies.

If I didn't have any pets, I might think they are more real than I do currently. But because I have two non virtual pets, I talk to them and spend more time and attention on them more so than my tama.

As others have said, they're as real as you make them.

I think of them more as 'Japanese Beeping Aliens'. But they can be. Depending on what you think of V-Pets.

There was a time when I treated and thought of one of my Tamas as "my daughter." Welp, she di-I mean she "passed out while she was laying her egg and had to go back to Planet Tamagotchi right away but her egg stayed back and she couldn't go back."

Now I think of her as just a friend.

After about a week of pain, I finally had confidence to press A + C.

And best of all I had 2 friends who had Tamas now.

Then I took my Mamby (new boy Tama) to my friend's birthday sleepover. It was fun.

Mamby had a girlfriend (birthday gal's Tama), and 4 friends there! (Another friend's Tama and the birthday gal's little bro's 3 Tamas). Plus he had access to TamaTown because she had internet access.

Even though Tamas are our friends and are alive and exist happily in TamaTown, I have invented a quote from my expieriences with this incident. Y'all better remember it and go by it:

"Don't bond with your Tamagotchi. Bond with friends who have a Tamagotchi."

Trust me. Tamas are more fun with friends that playing House with them. Tamas tie our friends together and that's why a lot of us consider them "alive."

Except my friend who SMASHED her Tama.

[SIZE=10pt]I agree with tulip and OsuMesu. YOU can make Tama's alive! ;) [/SIZE]

But for the most part, I also agree with tamaw/pants. Tamagotchi's surely do NOT replace real pets! I spend more time with my dog and my cat (even though she's EVIL) than my Tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
As all you other guys have said, Tamas are only as alive as you make them. If you don't really care about wat character your tama will become or anything like that...they will only seem like a V-Pet, but if you look after them really well and try to get good characters you would consider them more real...

I have always considered all my tamas to be real...and I have always taken them to school with me, and if I can't possibly have them on me I rush to my locker in between classes or ask to go to the toilet and run to my locker instead.

:eek: Chocola :(

My tamas are my babies too =) To me they are pretty much alive, except the beloved PAUSE function (I work as a maid, and I just can't have the tamas on me when I'm at work.. As I clean with dangerous liquids and of course: WATER itself..) But when I get home they're the first things I pick up to UNPAUSE =)

I love my tamas. To me they are quite alive.

It's like this. Bandai is a magical company. Magical company makes magical toys. Magical toys are alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back